Because we will not be predictable on offense this year. The past three years it was run on first down, run on second down, and throw either a five yard pass or 30 yard pass on third and 7. Everyone including the other team knew what we were doing.
1. The last decade has been a miserable slough. Is another drop of average play discernible in a bucket filled with mediocrity?
2. If you've sat through the last ten years you can pretty much sit through anything.
3. With the way college football is going, you might as well enjoy it while you have it, because you aren't going to have it forever.
4. Tickets will be so cheap.
5. Early kickoffs mean you'll get home in time for dinner.
Hard to add to those previously mentioned however, I have hope the coaching and players we picked up and stayed will be a lot better. The pre-season put downs/motivation. If we can get through summer practice and to mid season without crippling injuries, we may have a chance to get to a bowl. I’m ready for Hyped-up football! Go Vols!
1. Better offensive line coaching.....someone that actually knows what they're doing
2. An actual defensive line coach.....that knows what they're doing
3. Proven head coach who puts up points no matter where he has been.....doesn't get stuck in his ways humble about himself finds what works with what he has
4. Team chemistry......the team was broken last year everyone knew it
5. The schedule
2. Asst. Coaches allowed to coach up players without being micromanaged
3. SCAR, Vandy, Pitt and 3 other OOC games at Neyland
4. MIzzou, Vandy, SCAR and even KY have also had off-season turmoil just like us
5. If put on a bowl ban, every game will be treated like a bowl game
6. We have a bye week to prep for KY
7. We have 9 days to prep for Pitt, they only get a 7 to prep for us
9. Toss-up OM at home
10. We've expended our bad luck mojo and should be smooth sailing with good luck for the next 25 years!