Gillespie is out

Reactions: 3 people
I wonder if they believe Coach G didn't help retain commits as much as they liked. It's disappointing but hopefully his replacement helps ease the disappointment. I can see that feeling lingering.

So did he get to hang around because he was dangling a recruit and then let go after he signed or did gilles fail to sign a running back?

He either missed big or was promising something that fell through. This just my opinion. This didnt make sense unless it was something like this

my .02 and just speculation but we know CJP was courting Chris Weinke from the beginning, and maybe CW called CJP up and asks if he still has a coaching position for him? RG being the only carryover is the sacrifice?

So did he get to hang around because he was dangling a recruit and then let go after he signed or did gilles fail to sign a running back?

He either missed big or was promising something that fell through. This just my opinion. This didnt make sense unless it was something like this

Same here. Pruitt was probably happy with him coaching rbs if he could bring in the recruits. He had his opportunity with Pruitt this recruiting cycle and missed on the targets they wanted him to get. So they're replacing him.

Reactions: 1 person
Pruitt wants to be tops in recruiting and probably looks at Gillespies not coming through as a bad sign. He wants the best recruiting staff in the country. Gillespie failed the test. Imo.

Nope Gillespie was used. Very simple - some who are bent on Pruitt doing no wrong refuse to see it.

He and others were kept by Pruitt to have continuity with recruiting. The question I have is whether Pruitt was honest with Gillespie or did he lead Gillespie to think he was there for the long haul and that his contract would be extended.

Pruitt wants to be tops in recruiting and probably looks at Gillespies not coming through as a bad sign. He wants the best recruiting staff in the country. Gillespie failed the test. Imo.

Excuses for Pruitt.

He should have spent that month building relationships rather than coaching Bama.

Excuses for Pruitt.

He should have spent that month building relationships rather than coaching Bama.

More like excuses for Gillespie.

Apparently his work wasn’t good enough for the man who’s in charge.

If he doesn’t fit Pruitt’s criteria, why keep him on the staff?

Reactions: 3 people
I, like most, thought RG was a good coach. However, he isn't irreplaceable. JP will ultimately be held accountable with every facet of this team, so I'm fine with him getting "his guys" to coach.

I have always wondered how much say RG did or did not have with the rb rotation because AK was definitely underutilized.

Excuses for Pruitt.

Excuse for what?

He made a decision and moved on it. He's gonna be held accountable for his product no different than the rest that have coached here.

VN Store

Back