Getting to six... how?

SKBubba

Lots of people are all of a sudden talking about the possibility of 6-6 and a bowl invite. So out of Mississippi State, Alabama, South Carolina, UAB, Kentucky, Missouri, and Vanderbilt, which five do the Vols beat to get there?

UK and Vandy are garbage. Missouri may be without Kelly. Scjr is bipolar. If they play 4 Q liked they did 2 Q yesterday they have a shot at Miss St.
Its not out of reach yet.

Reactions: VOLNPA and A.J.
Missouri will stop us. I am not feeling good about Miss State because of the bye week. Alabama won't happen and is laughable to talk about. We can beat UAB, Vandy, and UK. That leaves South Carolina to finish 5-7. I don't see 6-6 happening. I am looking at 4-8 or worse.

Reactions: LittleVol and 08Vol
Lots of people are all of a sudden talking about the possibility of 6-6 and a bowl invite. So out of Mississippi State, Alabama, South Carolina, UAB, Kentucky, Missouri, and Vanderbilt, which five do the Vols beat to get there?
Need a win against Miss State to really stay in the conversation. Alabama is almost certainly a loss. The rest are winnable with Missouri being a long shot depending on the status of Kelly.

My opinion is we have to beat Mississippi State first.

If we do that, I will be feeling decent about getting to the bowl.

With Kelly Bryant injury, I think Mizzou is now bearable.

It all starts this week w/ Ms St. If we turn in another BYU blunder week, the wheels will be off the wagon. We've got the talent and ability to win this game. This can be an "Auburnish" win, though not as big of one. Critical to win this game. Just play a clean and aggressive game and we get the W...but, to this point, that's a "big ask".

Reactions: SKBubba
People are just getting optimistic because we won the first quarter yesterday.

Same reason some people thought UT could beat Florida after blowing out UTC.

The truth is, we are probably as bad as all the remaining teams on our schedule.

I'm not being a Debbie downer, but even Vandy has blown us out the last couple seasons.

They lost a lot of players, but I still don't know if it's enough.

Just don't set yourself up for disappointment. Lol

UK and Vandy are garbage. Missouri may be without Kelly. Scjr is bipolar. If they play 4 Q liked they did 2 Q yesterday they have a shot at Miss St.
Its not out of reach yet.
UK played Florida a lot tougher than we did. Not sure where you get that they are garbage and we are not. They also beat Toledo. The same Toledo team that recently beat BYU.

Also, Mississippi State, UAB, and Kentucky all have byes before they play Tennessee. It's gonna be tough pulling out 5 wins the rest of the way. I hope it happens and that this team and coaching staff can prove me wrong.

UK played Florida a lot tougher than we did. Not sure where you get that they are garbage and we are not. They also beat Toledo. The same Toledo team that recently beat BYU.

Also, Mississippi State, UAB, and Kentucky all have byes before they play Tennessee. It's gonna be tough pulling out 5 wins the rest of the way. I hope it happens and that this team and coaching staff can prove me wrong.
They had the luxury playing against Franks. They also lost by double digits to Miss St and blown out by SCjr. UT is worse garbage, but UK is still garbage.

Drop Bama Missouri
Win Miss St Vandy Kentucky SC UAB

My opinion is we have to beat Mississippi State first.

If we do that, I will be feeling decent about getting to the bowl.

With Kelly Bryant injury, I think Mizzou is now bearable.
Yep. If we can’t beat Mississippi State it isn’t going to happen. This team is better than it was at the beginning of the year. We aren’t beating Bama but we have a chance in the rest.

Vandy has outplayed us several years in a row now.

We’ll struggle with UK’s run game and Missouri always seems to out play us as well.

Lose against Miss St, 6 wins is out of the question.

Can see us getting to 5 wins. Hard to see us getting to 6 without some seriously good luck. Having BM continue to improve tho will help our luck considerably.

Seems next to impossible. If Maurer is the starter and doesn't get injured and the team that showed up in the first half yesterday keeps showing up, UAB is the most probable (but not a gimme), Mississippi State maybe, one of either South Carolina or Missouri, and one of either Kentucky or Vanderbilt. That's four and it's a stretch. Beat both Kentucky and Vanderbilt and maybe. We can only hope for the best and a couple of miracles.

Reactions: 08Vol

There is certainly a chance depending on Maurer's progression and team injuries going forward. However, as Maurer plays more it will also give teams at the end of our schedule plenty of game tape on him to adjust to.

They had the luxury playing against Franks. They also lost by double digits to Miss St and blown out by SCjr. UT is worse garbage, but UK is still garbage.
The jury is still out on Mississippi State. That last loss to Auburn was embarrassing. They lost to Kansas State which I think is a better team than BYU. I still wouldn't call Kentucky garbage. They have at least played competitive in their SEC losses which is something we cannot really say. Kentucky's possible path to a bowl game also looks easier than ours.

Lots?

VN Store

Back