Get ready...

Low info fan alert. Imagine caring about regular season losses. Have you ever dribbled a basketball? Have you ever watched a non-conference college basketball game? You don’t even realize that since 2013 Dawkins and Barnes have been to the same number of S16s. Lol cat you dumb. You want to pay five times for the same production. If all I get is one S16 each I’ll pocket the four million every time.

You said that it had been a while since Barnes did anything.

You said you would rather have Dawkins

But Dawkins has NEVER won anything........so what gives?

Also “care about regular season losses” ok how about just making it to the tourney? Because Dawkins can’t do that either.......not on any type of regular basis.

You can call me anything in the world, but dang at least know something about the coach you are hyping up maybe.......anything.

Lol Dawkins May very well me Dukes coach one day.......I doubt it, but it could happen.

However you say Barnes hasn’t won anything in a while.......but Dawkins has NEVER won anything as a head coach........ever, heck he has only even made the tourney twice. He simply got hyped up because of the Duke connection, but he has certainly never performed as a head coach........yet.

He’s “accomplished” exactly the same number of S16s as Barnes has over the past decade. Are you going to address that? He has a better winning percentage too. Johnny Majors was really good coach for awhile. Then he stopped being one. Barnes peak is so far in the past it’s silly to even bring it up. Would you hire Larry Coker to be the Vols coach. His national title was one year before Barnes final four. Lolololololollololololol

Lol typing that cracked me up if you have any sense of shame that’s going to drive you up the wall. I’m a rhetorical genius.

Reactions: 08Vol
Well actually he's the 5th highest paid behind Self at 4.95. But that will all change in the next few years. Maybe Barnes will be a trend setter in that regard.
Barnes average annual salary for the duration of his contract is higher than self’s.

He’s “accomplished” exactly the same number of S16s as Barnes has over the past decade. Are you going to address that? He has a better winning percentage too. Johnny Majors was really good coach for awhile. Then he stopped being one. Barnes peak is so far in the past it’s silly to even bring it up. Would you hire Larry Coker to be the Vols coach. His national title was one year before Barnes final four. Lolololololollololololol

Lol typing that cracked me up if you have any sense of shame that’s going to drive you up the wall. I’m a rhetorical genius.

Lol, so Majors was a good coach at one time? Well you tell me, when will Dawkins become one.......and why should Tennessee have doubled his pay for simply going to the tourney twice in 11 years?

You seem to like the tourney and not the regular season. And hey I’ll give you that, as that is what counts most........but Dawkins has not shown the ability to get any team there on a regular basis.

Also one can understand, simply by you mentioning a coach who has done nothing you are a genius of nothing.......other than in your own mind.

Ah there it is

Several times, I have seen players make much improvement in the off seaaon
Dane Bradshaw, Lofton, Admiral, Grant, Bone
Who is to say that each bench player won’t omprove over the summer
Also who is to say that the new recruits won’t be game ready in the fall. Wasn’t that freshman in Oklahoma named Young, gmevready as. Freshman?

Barnes average annual salary for the duration of his contract is higher than self’s.
A lot can happen in 6 years. Izzo could demand what he deserves. Self could get a raise. Barnes could hang it up. right now he's 5th at 4.7.

You said that it had been a while since Barnes did anything.

You said you would rather have Dawkins

But Dawkins has NEVER won anything........so what gives?

Also “care about regular season losses” ok how about just making it to the tourney? Because Dawkins can’t do that either.......not on any type of regular basis.

You can call me anything in the world, but dang at least know something about the coach you are hyping up maybe.......anything.

Hawkins has been to as many S16s and has a higher winning percentage over the past decade. Barnes has never won anything either. He made a final four. One year after Larry Coker won a national championship. Let’s fire Pruitt and give ol Larry a call I guess. Maybe we can give him six million since he actually won the thing.

Here’s a good way to analyze coach performance compare the coach to the coaches that came before and after him at a program. By that metic Johnny Dawkins is a stud. He’s a whole .100 winning percentage better than his successor at Stanford. And .200 better than who he followed at VCU. Everywhere he goes he’s a higher quality coach than can be expected at that program.

Meanwhile Barnes is only a few games better than Shaka in his last four years at Texas compared to shaka’s first four years. And that’s with the terrible second year team that literally returned no contributors because Barnes stopped recruiting his last years at Texas.

Lol, so Majors was a good coach at one time? Well you tell me, when will Dawkins become one.......and why should Tennessee have doubled his pay for simply going to the tourney twice in 11 years?

You seem to like the tourney and not the regular season. And hey I’ll give you that, as that is what counts most........but Dawkins has not shown the ability to get any team there on a regular basis.

Also one can understand, simply by you mentioning a coach who has done nothing you are a genius of nothing.......other than in your own mind.
The point which is hilarious is that you keep talking about Barnes tourney success that’s so remote in time that it happens all of one year after Larry Coker won a natioanl championship. If the Vols had hired Larry Coker you’d be *****ing bricks and raging at people talking about Larry coker’s history of winning. It’s an analogy that points out how silly it is to claim Barnes has some history of winning that’s pertinent to the year 2019.

Hawkins has been to as many S16s and has a higher winning percentage over the past decade. Barnes has never won anything either. He made a final four. One year after Larry Coker won a national championship. Let’s fire Pruitt and give ol Larry a call I guess. Maybe we can give him six million since he actually won the thing.

Here’s a good way to analyze coach performance compare the coach to the coaches that came before and after him at a program. By that metic Johnny Dawkins is a stud. He’s a whole .100 winning percentage better than his successor at Stanford. And .200 better than who he followed at VCU. Everywhere he goes he’s a higher quality coach than can be expected at that program.

Meanwhile Barnes is only a few games better than Shaka in his last four years at Texas compared to shaka’s first four years. And that’s with the terrible second year team that literally returned no contributors because Barnes stopped recruiting his last years at Texas.
Dawkins has been coaching 11 seasons. He has 2 Tourney appearances. Barnes has 8 in the same time period. What you talkin?
And when was he at VCU?

Last edited:
The point which is hilarious is that you keep talking about Barnes tourney success that’s so remote in time that it happens all of one year after Larry Coker won a natioanl championship. If the Vols had hired Larry Coker you’d be *****ing bricks and raging at people talking about Larry coker’s history of winning. It’s an analogy that points out how silly it is to claim Barnes has some history of winning that’s pertinent to the year 2019.
Right. Because 57 wins over the last two years, tying the program record this year, being ranked #1 this year and an SEC title last year aren't relevant to 2019 at all.

How much of that did Larry Coker do last year?

In the 8 years before Dawkins arrival at Stanford they made the tourney 7 times. In his 8 years there they went once. I know a lot factors in there, but with Barnes you were talking tourney so it’s only fair to state it with one of your suggested replacements.

Over the past 11 years Dawkins teams have made the tourney 2 times and Barnes teams have 8 times.

I know Dawkins isn’t a “crap” coach........but you were saying Barnes hasn’t done anything. Then you proceed to say you would take Dawkins, which doesn’t make sense, as he literally hasn’t. Tennessee would have to at least doubled his salary........and with the single 16 and just 2 tourneys in his entirety that just doesn’t make sense.

Dawkins hasn’t coached at schools that regularly make the tournament. Stanford and UCF aren’t Texas they don’t expect to make the tourney ever year. Give me coaches that show they can make an impact in the tourney over coaches that grind out underwhelming post seasons every year.

Right. Because 57 wins over the last two years, tying the program record this year, being ranked #1 this year and an SEC title last year aren't relevant to 2019 at all.

How much of that did Larry Coker do last year?

Who gives a ****. This is college basketball succeed in the tourney or get lost. At least that’s how it is at schools that demand excellence from their program.

In the 8 years before Dawkins arrival at Stanford they made the tourney 7 times. In his 8 years there they went once. I know a lot factors in there, but with Barnes you were talking tourney so it’s only fair to state it with one of your suggested replacements.

Over the past 11 years Dawkins teams have made the tourney 2 times and Barnes teams have 8 times.

I know Dawkins isn’t a “crap” coach........but you were saying Barnes hasn’t done anything. Then you proceed to say you would take Dawkins, which doesn’t make sense, as he literally hasn’t. Tennessee would have to at least doubled his salary........and with the single 16 and just 2 tourneys in his entirety that just doesn’t make sense.

Dawkins cost 1.1 million. I’ve already said if what I’m getting is one sweet sixteen a decade I want to pay 4 million less per year. You apparently want to pay 5 million.

Dawkins hasn’t coached at schools that regularly make the tournament. Stanford and UCF aren’t Texas they don’t expect to make the tourney ever year. Give me coaches that show they can make an impact in the tourney over coaches that grind out underwhelming post seasons every year.
He's coached in weaker conferences than Barnes. So your argument is that the teams he coached in weaker conferences didn't have a history of going to the tournament. Is there some logic there I'm not seeing?

Reactions: cncchris33
He's coached in weaker conferences than Barnes. So your argument is that the teams he coached in weaker conferences didn't have a history of going to the tournament. Is there some logic there I'm not seeing?
The pac-10 when he coached in it was absolutely not weaker than the Big 12. You keep showing how shallow your basketball knowledge is. And UCF is a football school in an extremely competitive 3 bid conference. Gregg Marshall must suck too since he can’t consistently make the tourney in the AAC.

The pac-10 when he coached in it was absolutely not weaker than the Big 12. You keep showing how shallow your basketball knowledge is. And UCF is a football school in an extremely competitive 3 bid conference. Gregg Marshall must suck too since he can’t consistently make the tourney in the AAC.
I wouldn't question anyone's basketball knowledge if I were you. when did he coach at VCU as you stated in an earlier post. Your swelled head could be showing.
And when in the last 11 years has the Pac 12 ever been rated higher than the Big12?
Give you a hint? Never. Just a little bit of that knowledge I'm lacking.

Last edited:
Dawkins cost 1.1 million. I’ve already said if what I’m getting is one sweet sixteen a decade I want to pay 4 million less per year. You apparently want to pay 5 million.

What I was saying is for him to come to Tennessee they would have to double that amount..........kind of how it works. One could give Barnes 1.1, say a bit less than a third more, or Give Dawkins 1.1 more (or there abouts) 100% more.

I feel 1.1 more for Barnes, would be the better option. He has improved here every year. He brings stability and has showen he can improve talent (at the very least he has shown that lately).

If you give the 1.1 (1.1 or so extra) more to someone else you don’t really know what you are going to get. Sure you save some $ but you still have to pay more to get the unknown.........just not as much.

See you couldn’t pay 4 million less. Those coaches jump their pay considerably when landing at a big power 5 school.

Lol you're so salty bro. Didn't realize the 5 mil was coming out of your check. Just follow Dawkins at UCF, we'll enjoy our team.

I wouldn't question anyone's basketball knowledge if I were you. when did he coach at VCU as you stated in an earlier post. Your swelled head could be showing.
And when in the last 11 years has the Pac 12 ever been rated higher than the Big12?
Give you a hint? Never. Just a little bit of that knowledge I'm lacking.

Lol pac-12 has been rated higher than big 12 four out of the eight years Dawkins was a Stanford. Man you ignant. That back woods ignant that don’t even know how ignant it is. Imagine having to resorting to lying because you only other argument is nitpicking typos. You low IQ brah best talk less and hide it.

Lol you're so salty bro. Didn't realize the 5 mil was coming out of your check. Just follow Dawkins at UCF, we'll enjoy our team.

Honestly get bent. I’m a Vols basketball fan you are a football fan that peeps in when they are good. And the buyout doesn’t come out of my check but when Barnes gets canned in four years the buyout will force out to hire a crap coach. But you can bet the second you start bitching in football season I’ll be there to gatekeep you like no other. So you better keep the sunshine pumping. The second you utter the first negative thing about coach Pruitt I’ll be there telling you go root for another team.

What I was saying is for him to come to Tennessee they would have to double that amount..........kind of how it works. One could give Barnes 1.1, say a bit less than a third more, or Give Dawkins 1.1 more (or there abouts) 100% more.

I feel 1.1 more for Barnes, would be the better option. He has improved here every year. He brings stability and has showen he can improve talent (at the very least he has shown that lately).

If you give the 1.1 (1.1 or so extra) more to someone else you don’t really know what you are going to get. Sure you save some $ but you still have to pay more to get the unknown.........just not as much.

See you couldn’t pay 4 million less. Those coaches jump their pay considerably when landing at a big power 5 school.

No that’s not how it works. We didnt double Tyndall or Martin’s salary. I get that you’d like to claim that because the 4 million difference is hyper embarrassing considering they’ve both been to all of one S16 in the past decade. But you are one of those types that likes to pay for past production- at other schools no less. I’m a little bit more savvy.

No that’s not how it works. We didnt double Tyndall or Martin’s salary. I get that you’d like to claim that because the 4 million difference is hyper embarrassing considering they’ve both been to all of one S16 in the past decade. But you are one of those types that likes to pay for past production- at other schools no less. I’m a little bit more savvy.

Yea your so savvy you would pay 2.2 mil for someone who rarely gets their team even in the tourney........to each their own.

I was saying they paid Barnes 1.1 more.........a bit less than 1/3rd more.

Dawkins makes 1.1 now. He certainly doesn’t come to a team like Tennessee for that. I figure it would be 2.2......but heck even if 1.9 or 1.8.......it is still more of an increase.

One coach that is proven and has gotten Tennessee back on track is not worth less than a 1/3rd more. However one coach that hasn’t proven himself would be worth double what he currently makes or best case more than a third more.

VN Store

Back