Get ready...

mrmax86

Fight. Strain. Compete.
...to be very disrespected in the 2019-2020 preseason top-25 polls. Just saying. I've seen several, and we're averaging "not in the top 25" ranking. I'll post some here.

...to be very disrespected in the 2019-2020 preseason top-25 polls. Just saying. I've seen several, and we're averaging "not in the top 25" ranking. I'll post some here.
I mean if Bone and Grant aren't back we aren't a top 25 team imo. With Bone coming back I think we could be a top 25 team. If Grant comes back I think we're a top 15 team. If both are back we are for sure a top 5-10 team.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
So what's the deal with Bone?? I know he's just testing the waters but so many on here act like it's s for sure thing that he's gone. I don't remember being too overly worried when Admiral did the same thing.

If Grant Williams comes back Tennessee will be a Top 10-15 team and a #2-#4 Seed in the 2020 NCAA Tournament and if he doesn't Tennessee wont be in the Top 25 and will probably win 18-20 games and be a #7-#10 Seed in the 2020 NCAA Tournament.

Not to belittle his ability, but if Grant does not have help (Admiral) the double and triple teams will stop, or slow him and in doing so the team.

Not to belittle his ability, but if Grant does not have help (Admiral) the double and triple teams will stop, or slow him and in doing so the team.
I saw him get a few assists off the double team. It's a part of his game he can work to improve and make defenses pay.

Reactions: amorange
We were picked to finish 13th in the SEC two seasons ago and tied for first place. Rick isn't finished recruiting or getting players here. I think he'll add a couple more players through the juco or Grad transfer that will be big helps. We certainly would be considered a top 25 team if Grant returns and if not we have some work to do to get the roster to that point.

Reactions: feathersax
I saw him get a few assists off the double team. It's a part of his game he can work to improve and make defenses pay.
I totally agree. However, who will be the person good enough to take advantage of an assist? As I stated, there is no Admiral, the other guys this past year were roll players to those two. I guess what I am asking is ,who will or can step into the "Admiral" role?

I totally agree. However, who will be the person good enough to take advantage of an assist? As I stated, there is no Admiral, the other guys this past year were roll players to those two. I guess what I am asking is ,who will or can step into the "Admiral" role?
Depends on who Barnes decides to challenge with the role(s). That is why he is making the big bucks. Personally would love to see it be Yves.

Bone is not likely to project as a first rounder right now. If he simply hates going to school and wants to make some, but not big, money, he will play overseas or in the developmental program next year as a pro. If he's thinking long term, he will come back, be a pre-season pick for all of the point guard awards and establish himself as a consistent, high quality player. I think he can become a first round choice if he can prove he can play at a high level consistently. He hasn't done that yet, imo.

I hope for UT and Bone that he comes back.

I'm not surprised we aren't ranked given the questions regarding who we will be returning next year. Preseason rankings are meaningless in a tournament sport like basketball anyway.

Michigan & Texas Tech started the year off unranked if I’m not mistaken and they turned out ok this year

VN Store

Back