Gerald Williams clarification

Wow! According to the list of new players reporting to fall practice, Gerald Williams is listed at 260lbs. I thought he was 240. I can't see him remaining at linebacker at 260. I bet he is definitely DE bound.

UT Sports Official Site

Chavis plays his LB's a lot lighter than most other teams do. Hell South Carolina will start two linebackers this year weighing 270 and 275 pounds and they are even a few inches shorter than G Williams. While that is a little bit heavier than normal both of those guys are still pretty good LB's, especially Brinkley. You have to remember Gerald Williams is 6'4 so 260 pounds is not too much on that frame to play MLB in my opinion. I think it would be nice to have a big guy in the middle again...

ViA, he may take your nickname for that one.

I still get a chuckle out of the "valid victorian." One of the high/low-lites of the past year around here.

Very happy G Williams is finally in... long time coming for him. Hopefully 2 years of pent up frustration will be released in an, uh, constructive manner this fall.

Very happy G Williams is finally in... long time coming for him. Hopefully 2 years of pent up frustration will be released in an, uh, constructive manner this fall.

He has shown amazing focus and fortitude. A lot of kids would have given up in their frustration and got in trouble or would have never succeeded in the work they needed to do. I'm so happy for him and the he finally made it (he has been cleared right, not just for practice?). I hope he lights it up.

He has shown amazing focus and fortitude. A lot of kids would have given up in their frustration and got in trouble or would have never succeeded in the work they needed to do. I'm so happy for him and the he finally made it (he has been cleared right, not just for practice?). I hope he lights it up.

I read in the Tennessean article this AM that he had been cleared as of Friday.....

According to the Blog on GoVolsXtra, Fulmer said Williams needs 1 more class to become eligible. He said he hopes Gerald will take care of business. This doesn't sound like he is officially in. He can practice, but that is it for now.

According to the Blog on GoVolsXtra, Fulmer said Williams needs 1 more class to become eligible. He said he hopes Gerald will take care of business. This doesn't sound like he is officially in. He can practice, but that is it for now.

What I read said he was cleared Fri.

Also lists Rod Wilks at 220 and Aaron Douglas at 280. Not sure the accuracy of this list or these 2 guys will be in for position changes as well.

From what I saw during this past basketball season he has put on some size. I'd say 50/50 muscle and fat. From the way he looked on the court I do not see how he could be athletic enough to play TE for us. I'd say he is headed to OT.

What I read said he was cleared Fri.

Quote:
Tennessee football coach Phillip Fulmer addressed the media Saturday morning.

Among topics he discussed:

Injuries: Tight end Jeff Cottam, offensive lineman William Brimfield and linebacker Josh Hawkins will be limited early.

Defensive tackle Donald Langley will miss practice Saturday to be with his mother, who is seriously ill.

Linebacker Gerald Williams needs one class to become eligible, and Fulmer said he hopes Williams will take care of business.
Still no word on Brandon Warren, although Fulmer said a decision from the SEC is "long overdue."

Quarterback Jonathan Crompton will wear the No. 22 on his wristband to honor a close high school friend who was killed by a drunk driver in January.

Media day kicks off start of practice : Football : GoVolsXtra.com

VN Store

Back