Gerald Riggs Jr. NFL Europe with Bears

Sweet... He's in NFL purgatory.

Gerald, just make it easy on yourself and play Arena or CFL so you can stay on this side of the Atlantic.

would you say that he has a better chance of making a name(getting noticed for pt in the league) in arena or europe?

would you say that he has a better chance of making a name(getting noticed for pt in the league) in arena or europe?
I'd say being put in NFL Europe means you're probably a third stringer at best, but may never make an NFL roster. At least Arena football is in the US, and gets some airtime.

I think living for a season in europe would be worth it, just to have the experience of another culture. the real question is who pays more.

I think living for a season in europe would be worth it, just to have the experience of another culture. the real question is who pays more.
That's true. But in terms of a football career, the only thing you can do in NFL Europe is waste away. It's not a permanent stop for anyone. Arena and CFL, are, though, which is where I see Riggs ending up.

sure, he would have the size and ability to play lb since they have to play both ways right?

That's true. But in terms of a football career, the only thing you can do in NFL Europe is waste away. It's not a permanent stop for anyone. Arena and CFL, are, though, which is where I see Riggs ending up.

I think the NFL Europe gives you a much better chance to jump to the NFL. It's not a great chance, but it's something. He can always go to the AFL if he realizes he's going nowhere in Europe.

Chattanooga. I talked with Gerald Sr. last Friday and they (The Bears) have given him good vibes that his performance there would have a positive outcome on their roster this summer and the 07 season.

Nice. If you watch the 2004 SEC title game vs Auburn, Gerald looked like a sure fire NFL'er. He was outrunning the backs in the famed AU backfield, and really exploding through the line. I think with proper work ethic, he can have an NFL career.

Leading the league in rushing or a close second would help his cause.

BTW...I was at World Bowl 2006

What running backs have played in NFL Europe and then went on to play anything more than a bench warmer role on an NFL team?

Jarret Payton earned a spot with the Titans for a season.

Yes. He was the 3rd string running back, but he did see the field for special teams and for a couple of weeks when both the 1st and 2nd string running back were injured. Personally, I wouldn't count that as being excluded from the bench warmer status though.

I can't think of any RBs, but there have been some others that have moved on up from NFL Europe. Kurt Warner, Jake Delhomme, Daunte Hall . . .

Yes. He was the 3rd string running back, but he did see the field for special teams and for a couple of weeks when both the 1st and 2nd string running back were injured. Personally, I wouldn't count that as being excluded from the bench warmer status though.

Hell that was the only RB I could think of. Never said he wasn't a benchwarmer

Spurgeon Wynn and Johnathan Quinn are 2 QB's that got starts this past season in the NFL that played NFLE

I just edited my earlier post . . . I didn't realize it, but Kurt Warner, Jake Delhomme, Dante Hall among others played in Europe. It's not quite the scrub league that some are making it out to be.

I just edited my earlier post . . . I didn't realize it, but Kurt Warner, Jake Delhomme, Dante Hall among others played in Europe. It's not quite the scrub league that some are making it out to be.
Could be worse...AFL or XFL (I miss "He Hate Me")

VN Store

Back