Georgia State's new sign

Fellow VFLs: To own the victories we gotta own the defeats.
That is sports. That is life.

If it helps, use the GSU debacle as a reminder of how far we've bounced back under Heupel.

And most importantly, Tennessee fans kept coming back to Neyland until we finally got it right. That's worth taking pride in!

Western Michigan beat them by 47 two weeks later and there was still a handful of fans that were giving out the "why don't you send in your resume to the AD if you think you can do better"

With all honesty, I did think I could do better. I could have hired some quality assistant and and just stayed out of their way. Pruitt was one of the worst head coaches I've ever seen.

The moral of the story....don't ever schedule these types of schools. The SEC is know for scheduling out of conference "patsies", but once in a while; this type of game can happen. Best to always schedule P5 schools.
Or just play like you should and win. Every conference has these type of games.

o92docf69f1b1.jpg

Glad to know we played such a big role in their history.
Ehhhh.....

looking back on it, I'm not sure it was an "upset."
Jokes on them...............

“pathetic?”[/QUOTE]
My friend, it's OK. That was their biggest accomplishment in program history ! Let them be proud ! Hate it happen against us, we hired maybe the worst HEAD COACH in college football HISTORY !!!

I'd have a lot more respect for him than I do now. Still don't understand how you can fail so miserably at the one thing you were brought in to do to "save" the program.

Wasn’t like there were many who would have taken the job at the time.

How many on here praised the choice and related it back to being a Saban disciple? How many praised it because he was a hard nosed football coach?

“pathetic?”
My friend, it's OK. That was their biggest accomplishment in program history ! Let them be proud ! Hate it happen against us, we hired maybe the worst HEAD COACH in college football HISTORY !!![/QUOTE]
I think Dooley was worse. Pruitt actually put together a 8-5 season and 5-3 SEC record in 2019 winning the Gator Bowl meanwhile Dooley never had one winning season in his 3 year tenure I mean they were both terrible coaches but I think Dooley is worse just by a nose. No doubt the darkest days for UT football were 2010-2020.

Last edited:
Reactions: livefaith
The Memphis and North Texas State losses do indeed rank up there with Georgia State and Rutgers.

Every major sport at Tennessee has a Top 10 wins and losses list in program history.
When did we lose to.North Texas??

Had to Google that one to believe it! I had heard my dad talk about the Bowden Wyatt years but that was before my time.

And that wast a very good Chattanooga team either. It wasnt like they were Appy State with Armanti Edwards at QB. They finished the season 5-5.

That loss sucked but good for them man. I would have that plastered on alot of the signs around their campus. Huge win for them. I dont hate this at all.

Reactions: SpookyAction

VN Store

Back