George Floyd Protest/Riots

Wait, beating up old ladies? What?

Are the straw-men coming out?

Trumps twitter app is far more destructive than any Molotov cocktail.
You are hilariously ridiculous. Yes Trump’s tweet is more dangerous than arson, throwing rocks and bricks at police and beating up an old lady in a wheelchair

Not according to the most comprehensive study ever done on the subject in 2017.

Differences in the rate of physical altercations between police and black people under arrest can be adjusted for by crime type and racial likely hood to resist arrest.

And blacks are slightly less likely to be subject to lethal force than whites.

Take it up with the boomers at Harvard I guess. I'm sorry you find it shocking blacks aren't actually being hunted down and murdered in the streets en masse.
Shh the dumb*sses don’t want facts to mess with their narrative

nothing like drawing parallels between peaceful protests and exercising rights and violent destructive riots. I believe there is a term for this type of reasoning...I'm sure Septic has it on the tip of his tongue..

Peaceful protests are ridiculed and summarily dismissed.

Perhaps you could make the argument that looting and rioting aren't more effective in attention getting against a system that values property over human life?

Reactions: NashVol11
Shh the dumb*sses don’t want facts to mess with their narrative

You realize of course, that his conclusion was debunked by the very study he cited? Blacks were more than 50% more likely to have force used against them than whites.

Reactions: NashVol11
Yep.

Between this and the attempted cover-up of the McMicheals murder of Arbery in Georgia, this country is a powder keg. Our elected leaders should refrain from flicking matches.
Not really. Most normal Americans dont commit crimes and spend their time working, going to school, having families etc

Reactions: Carl Pickens
so you believe in punishment without trial or?

Speaking of which, what is the objective of all this? What changes need to be made? I have yet to hear of the needed changes, just that we need change for sake of itself. If the guy is guilty he goes to jail for the rest of his life. Kind of how it is supposed to work.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I feel empathy for the upstanding peaceful people of these communities whose structures have been destroyed and having to just go thru this. MLK would not be happy with any of this.
People who live in cities and states that elect people like Omar, Deblasio etc... I don’t have any sympathy for them at all.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
Given that they were crying about not being able get cheese fries at applebees versus a community outraged by another murder, I'd hope not.

I see you keep attacking me rather than my position, it's good for likes for the chuckle-bunch but it doesn't do anything to actually make a cogent point.

You are aware that the Betoota Advocate is a satirical newspaper right?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
You realize of course, that his conclusion was debunked by the very study he cited? Blacks were more than 50% more likely to have force used against them than whites.
I told you already, that is corrected for by crime type and likely hood to resist arrest. There is a study, for example, that black people arrested are charged with resisting arrest roughly 50% more as well.

Which is aside from the fact that you specifically said "unarmed black man killed by cop" was the systemic problem, which very clearly is not, according to that study.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Tommy Jefferson

I wonder if you and your community felt threatened by the government and you took up arms against them for this - as many profess the 2a is necessary against a tyrannical government. Aren't there some that might consider you an anarchist and POS to society? If so, would knowing that lessen your resolve?

You are absolutely unable to align your understanding with their community's plight, you couldn't begin to fathom what the pain and hopelessness they deal with. Yet you are quick to judge their reactions after yet another senseless, unnecessary murder.
Lmao pain and hopelessness makes me want to attack handicapped women and steal TVs. Your justification of these actions are ridiculous

You are hilariously ridiculous. Yes Trump’s tweet is more dangerous than arson, throwing rocks and bricks at police and beating up an old lady in a wheelchair

You've never struck me as being particularly educated, but have you heard of a Greek poet named Euripides? He once wrote that the "tongue is mightier than the blade", an allegory that suggests that words can convince many people to believe in something more fervently than brute force ever could. Trumps suggestion that it's acceptable to shoot American's and the widespread impressionability by mouth breathers like you is far more dangerous to our society than a few buildings getting torched.

Truthfully, I doubt you can reconcile this - but you can try.

VN Store

Back