Gave up 28 in 4th quarter

Correct. But our moral Victory fans will make you think otherwise.
I was happy with what we showed in the first half. Hell I was happy with the first quarter score. Fist time since 2012 ! But there’s facts about this team that want get better...until we add players these coaches want and solid depth! I told my wife that I was so proud and happy that it didn’t matter what happened after that. But it got so ugly toward the end that it just pisses you off. There are issues that are as concerning as I felt in the beginning. Hooker plays so good which I admit is a surprise. Then it’s like he doesn’t have that feel of the pocket. He doesn’t know how to slide in the pocket to give himself more time. Yes you could say you block a punt in this type of fast scoring game. You need to put it in the end zone. But we stopped them coming out in the second half. Then instead of doing something with the ball after the moment change. Nope we do nothing and punt it back. Penalties and not talking the advantage to turn the momentum cost us this game. No answer to the middle of the field to the QBs running and the deep routes. These are the major blows that have hurt our chances.!

Offensive play calling has to be better down the stretch to give the team better chance to win, stay in the game later pick up first downs.

How the hell do you give up 28 points in the last quarter? I did see some quit in the last half of the 4th...
My Lord man our defense played the entire game.............I think we converted 3 first down only three times the entire game. With our lack of depth what do you expect ???? The entire team was worn out prior to the fourth quarter. Any team's defense cannot play the entire game and expect to hold even Vandy to zero points !!!!! You tend to forget that about 15 of our best players left the team and many many of them were offensive players...................give it some thought. We only have about 70 scholarship players as compared to about 85 for Alabama.

Last edited:
Offensive play calling has to be better down the stretch to give the team better chance to win, stay in the game later pick up first downs.

How the hell do you give up 28 points in the last quarter? I did see some quit in the last half of the 4th...
We gave up 28 to a title contender and we are hoping to win 7 games. Heupel does not have enough horses to keep up with teams like that. He needs time to recruit better players.

I can tell by your post you have never played FB at any level above pee wee and your FB IQ is very low. You have no credibility.

28 in the 4th seems terrible if you completely ignore context.

The first TD came on the 1st play of the quarter with Bama already at the UT 6.
The 3rd came after an INT put Bama in business at the UT 18.
The 4th came after UT turned it over on downs at the UT 30.

So that's 3 TDs in the quarter that required a total of 54 yards. Only the 2nd TD required any real work.

8th game of the season and depth issues showing up.. most people expected this in the back half of the season.. especially against good teams..

There was definitely some quit after pick. The body language doesn't change within seconds from exhaustion. Maybe it was a devastating blow, but they scored at will
When the only thing left in the tank is emotion and adrenaline, a mental blow like that empties the tank

VN Store

Back