Gators

Originally posted by milohimself@Aug 8, 2005 12:34 PM
Considering how many times Zook basically handed the win over last season, I wouldn't say it's a stretch.

As for this year... It will be crazy. CAN'T WAIT!!! :dance2:
[snapback]123839[/snapback]​

Well Milo I see it differently. You take the two fumbles we had as well as the pick and we could call that choking. Was it choking that our D sacked Leak twice and huried him all day? It was a close and hard fought game as always. But to say that Zook just choked and handed us a win is wrong. The men in Orange took the game it wasn't given. To say that it was is also a slap in the face to the Gator players as well.

Originally posted by VolBeef88@Aug 9, 2005 10:10 AM
Well Milo I see it differently. You take the two fumbles we had as well as the pick and we could call that choking. Was it choking that our D sacked Leak twice and huried him all day? It was a close and hard fought game as always. But to say that Zook just choked and handed us a win is wrong. The men in Orange took the game it wasn't given. To say that it was is also a slap in the face to the Gator players as well.
[snapback]124360[/snapback]​

Yeah I would say more like the ref choked. :ninja:

From news article linked on the home page

The 12 Southeastern Conference teams may not play the best football in America this fall but they will play the best defense in America this fall. So say the experts at collegefootballnews.com.

The popular website suggests that five of the top 11 defenses in the NCAA reside in the SEC – Alabama (No. 3), Tennessee (No. 4), Auburn (No. 6), LSU (No. 7) and Georgia (No. 11). Florida is No. 20, followed by South Carolina (27), Ole Miss (36), Mississippi State (58), Kentucky (68), Arkansas (69) and Vanderbilt (78).

Florida D is ranked number 20 in the country. Not too shabby.
Of course this is pre-season and no one knows how they actually play.

It's gonna be a game.

Originally posted by GvHm6@Aug 9, 2005 1:30 PM
Florida D is ranked number 20 in the country. Not too shabby.
Of course this is pre-season and no one knows how they actually play.

It's gonna be a game.
[snapback]124447[/snapback]​

Last time I checked no. 4 was pretty decent too.

Originally posted by GenNeyland9@Aug 9, 2005 1:31 PM
Last time I checked no. 4 was pretty decent too.
[snapback]124449[/snapback]​

Agreed, but that wasn't being debated in this thread. Whether or not Florida would bring a defensive effort to the game has been kicked around. I think Florida will be a much better team this year than last.
UT better be ready, whether Florida choked last year can be agrgued until the cows come home. Thing is, we don't want to have to play catch up with'em.
I hope UT beats the stew out of the Gators, some posts seem to indicate 'we've' already won it. It's gonna be a great game.

Yeah well I want to see that weak secondary stop Meacheam and swain. I wand to see any of them d-linmen get pass Toe. I have a feeling that Riggs is going to have a field day.

And you guys thinking you'll go undefeated isnt funny?

Im sure people link threads to their sites and make fun of you as well. All of the UF fanbase doesnt expect an undefeated season. I could go off naming negative things about UT and you posters here, but I was told I would be banned if I did so. Beleive it or not, they're negative things about everyone.

Originally posted by GatorVille@Aug 9, 2005 6:18 PM
And you guys thinking you'll go undefeated isnt funny?

Im sure people link threads to their sites and make fun of you as well.  All of the UF fanbase doesnt expect an undefeated season.  I could go off naming negative things about UT and you posters here, but I was told I would be banned if I did so.  Beleive it or not, they're negative things about everyone.
[snapback]124927[/snapback]​

Once again...

A team that lost 3 games last year, 2 to an undefeated AU team, and one with their 3rd string QB in-- who have gotten stronger at virtually every position and who are coached by a proven SEC coach with a proven SEC gameplan.

A team with 5 losses last year, a new mid-major coach with a new mid-major offense for the 5-loss players to learn.

And once again... Go ahead and buy your tickets to Atlanta. I'll guarantee you 80% of face value when I buy them off of you. :eek:k:

Maybe. But we also have had a rash of off the field problems, as well as an insane conference schedule. Despite the fact that the Vols are probably the most talented team in the SEC East, we do have more that we need to overcome. The division race is gonna be between Florida, Georgia and Tenneessee.

Originally posted by milohimself@Aug 9, 2005 6:11 PM
Maybe. But we also have had a rash of off the field problems, as well as an insane conference schedule. Despite the fact that the Vols are probably the most talented team in the SEC East, we do have more that we need to overcome. The division race is gonna be between Florida, Georgia and Tenneessee.
[snapback]124945[/snapback]​

Boy that last sentence is a great prognostication Milo.

Originally posted by VolBeef88@Aug 10, 2005 9:27 AM
[snapback]125222[/snapback]​

Yeah, that's brilliant right there.

The West race is going to be between LSU, Auburn, and Bama . . .

See? I held my tongue on that one just 'cause I don't want to just be the smart*** here. :p

I'm also going to say that the TN/UF game will come down to one of the orange teams...

Originally posted by VolBeef88@Aug 10, 2005 7:27 AM
[snapback]125222[/snapback]​

Believe it or not, many people don't share the same sentiment. A lot of people in the media are sold on Urban Meyer winning the East, us being out because of our schedule and Georgia not being in it because they lost too much talent. And there are also people on here sold that Georgia and Florida stand little to no chance as well.

Originally posted by milohimself@Aug 10, 2005 7:42 PM
Believe it or not, many people don't share the same sentiment. A lot of people in the media are sold on Urban Meyer winning the East, us being out because of our schedule and Georgia not being in it because they lost too much talent. And there are also people on here sold that Georgia and Florida stand little to no chance as well.
[snapback]125354[/snapback]​

My point was when was the last time that the East didn't come down to the Big 3? It does every year.

Originally posted by milohimself@Aug 11, 2005 3:43 PM
It didn't last year.
[snapback]125611[/snapback]​

What do you mean it didn't last year? UT won the east last year or did I have a dream? When was the last time one of the three did not win the East?

Oh. I thought you were saying when all three were in contention for the East... I would not call 4-4 contention for a division title.

VN Store

Back