Gators have 5 new virus cases

Hoosier_Vol

Vol Stuck in B1G 10 Hell
No. 10 Florida has five new COVID-19 cases.

The school reported its latest testing results Tuesday, four days before the Gators host defending national champion LSU.

Coach Dan Mullen praised the way his team has handled coronavirus protocols Monday, avoiding a major outbreak with the highly transmissible virus.

"If you look at what we've been able to do ... I think we're a model of safety of what we've been doing during this time period,'' Mullen said. "I'm really proud of how we've handled everything and how safe we've been with everything we're doing and all the precautions we've had in place during this time."

The team had 21 positive cases once players returned to campus in late May.

That is not a game cancellation <<yet>>.

From what I know, as long as they have 56 scholarship players and sufficient enough numbers at each position, the game is not cancelled.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but that was part of Vandy’s issue last week....barely had enough scholarship players available.

Yeah...I posted this in another thread.....At the time no decision had been made to postpone the game against LSU.

Like I always said, SEC play would start being impacted once one of the big boys stumbled. (Surprised it didn’t after Miss State beat LSU). Florida is down a loss in the east and needs time to regroup.

Reactions: govols105 and 08Vol
My apologies for the headline. Seems likely that Mullen would want to play as long as he thinks he has enough of key players to win. If not he has a good excuse.

Reactions: Volatility
They have only stopped for practicing today and will reevaluate tomorrow. They’ll play LSU this weekend. Mullen wants a full stadium!

They need to get real about the tracing and testing. A LOT of tests are positive when they should not be.

NY TIMES: Up to 90% Who've Tested COVID-Positive Wrongly Diagnosed! TRUTH: A Whole Lot Worse! (Pt 3/3)

I agree with you, SJT...and the experts do, too!

The CQ value of the tests being administered are 40--meaning that the test is TOO SENSITIVE, and results in an inordinately high amount of false positives.
Many experts in the field of testing for RNA-strand viruses believe that value should be more around 25-30 in order to have a test that is NOT OVERLY SENSITIVE.

Do the research

I know Froze Vol apologized for the headline and I thank him for it and this is not about you. But why does it seem everyone lately leads with a sensationalism misleading headline or don't word it right from the get go and gets misconstrued? Again not aimed at Froze Vol. GBO!

Reactions: Frozevol
I agree with you, SJT...and the experts do, too!

The CQ value of the tests being administered are 40--meaning that the test is TOO SENSITIVE, and results in an inordinately high amount of false positives.
Many experts in the field of testing for RNA-strand viruses believe that value should be more around 25-30 in order to have a test that is NOT OVERLY SENSITIVE.

Do the research
Well if everyone agrees I hope they do something about it instead of keeping on giving the same test that gives more false positives than anything else. GBO!

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I know Froze Vol apologized for the headline and I thank him for it and this is not about you. But why does it seem everyone lately leads with a sensationalism misleading headline or don't word it right from the get go and gets misconstrued? Again not aimed at Froze Vol. GBO!

Because we love the drama, and it sells mouse clicks.

Reactions: 08Vol

VN Store

Back