Gators Grantham Talkin Smack Bout Our Vols

They did make good corrections, but the article should really mention the injuries to Hooker and Mays.

Additionally there were drops, but a response to that is that maybe Grantham was counting on us dropping a few. Until we prove otherwise, that might be fair.

IMO UK will have some success, as they continue to rely heavily on the run game. I am down elsewhere as saying Florida's run D is above average, but not really that special.

OTOH, Florida D was godawful last year and held UK to 10 points. So maybe they will smack them.

TBH, as much as I hate the gators, I hope they shut UK out. We have already lost to Florida and UK lies ahead, so I am hoping UK sucks the rest of the season, starting Saturday.

I mean whatever, Tennessee is behind them now. Just typical coach speak bs whether you believe it’s true or not

We are a notch lower than UK, that's all. Talk that they might challenge for no. 2 in the East was very overblown.

Right now it's a scrum for who will be third, and we are in it.

Reality is besides SCarolina and Vandy, Tennessee is getting the weakest play at QB of anyone in the SEC. Decent execution could have added 2 tds but the offense stops itself. Grantham is correct. Its not that tough to stop a team if it consisently stops itself.

KY OL is better than Tennessee's also. The RB is a load. Their QB is inconsistent but not as bad as Tennessee's.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
When you win 15/16 you can talk all the Sh*t you want. I have no issue with what was said. Remember when Steve Spurrier was asked if he was going to "take his foot off the pedal" and his reply was (paraphrasing) "It is not my job to slow down it is their job to stop us from scoring". Well most teams never stopped the Spurrier led teams from scoring.

UF owns us. Until UT can compete with them again for 4 quarters, we'll have to sit back and take it for another year. Hopefully this staff and personnel can get a few W's against our rivals in the future.

This comment show how much of an idiot Grantham really is. Especially when you compare it to what Mullen said about our Vols after the game. The reason I find this odd is he didn't mention Alabama being easier to prepare for than Kentucky, which means he has not really compared the two games his defense played.

Tennessee gained 423 yards against his D and Bama only 331. We had more passing and rushing yards, with higher averages for both. We weren't as efficient on 3rd down going 5-13 whereas Bama went 7-13. The only difference is we shot ourselves in the foot at the most inopportune times. That resulted in Bama having more points and a win. Otherwise we were statistically in the game and certainly gave his defense some unique problems. Especially when we look at what we left on the field in terms of scores and yardage.

Then look at our Defense versus Bama. We gave up 38 points to there 29 (there was a meaningless score at the end by Florida). Florida gained 440 yards against Bama and 505 against us. The main difference was Florida went 4-12 on 3rd down against Bama and 9-14 against us.

Bottom line - we were in this game and had a chance to win if we capitalize on big plays on offense and get of the field on 3rd down by not missing critical tackles.

I am excited because the blueprint is there and the players are quoted as saying that it is frustrating because they know they are being put in the correct situation.

I just hope Grantham stays at Florida long enough to eat his words, maybe he will be the head coach when Mullen goes to Southern Cal.

Since when did factual statements become talking smack? Does every opponent, journalist or announcer need to pucker up and smooch our collective big orange backsides? UT is now seen as a homecoming level opponent....low hanging fruit. Until we do something drastic to change things like winning more than we lose, we've earned ridicule and shame. Then again, I don't really care about the opinions of the opposition. Could not care less.

VN Store

Back