Gators Grantham Talkin Smack Bout Our Vols

God he’s such a TOOL. Imagine talking trash about anyone after his pathetic defense derailed one of Florida’s most prolific offenses ever last year and are currently sitting at 12th in the conference. Having him wear the O&B is almost as bad as Charlie Weiss or Jim the Sharkman. Does he have no self awareness? 3rd and Grantham has been a thing his whole damn career. And to top it off he has one of the more punchable faces you will come across.

View attachment 397956
damn 😂 that surely is one punchable face. He’s definitely a Douche.

I remember when Georgia ran him off…nobody does less with more talent. It wasn’t his D that caused us to drop passes and overthrow a wide open receiver…

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
usatsi_13483763.jpg

I think Kentucky will beat FL. Not because they’re better but because I think Fl will have a let in this game.

Fans on here can’t accept the truth that Kentucky has been a better football program than UT now since 2017 and has two wins over the Vols to boot along with making a bowl every season since 2016 meanwhile we have only made one bowl since then. Kentucky embarrassed us last season in Neyland and they will probaly beat us again this year.

Reactions: uksam21
I’m not so sure letting guys run wide open with the hope we can’t hit them or they won’t catch it is the best plan. It worked for Pitt so maybe it is best plan.

I expect to start hitting those plays by the Ole Miss game. These next couple of weeks should get us ready for them and then Alabama.

We only scored 14 points on them so he's probably right. Ky has a better offense at this point. They should score more than 14.

Haha, even better! I think at the very least he's gone downhill since people have figured him out and his defense have become predictable.
I remember when he left UGA and went to Louisville and L'ville fans acted like they staged a coupe to get him. Then the CFB gods provided poetic justice and put UGA against L'ville in the Belk Bowl matching them against Grantham's defense that created great stats against a lot of bad teams .. Chubb ate him alive for north of 200 yards.

These type comments just don't move my emotions meter AT ALL. Plus, he's probably telling his defense the same thing so they will take Kentucky seriously. But for the habitually offended it's energy for the narcissist tank I'm sure. JMO

Reactions: tbh
Grantham is using this as a way to motivate his guys...there are issues on that Florida defense and he knows it.
Also, yeah Kentucky poses more of a threat to Fla than Tennessee did because we exposed all their weaknesses in the backend.

Ky is a much more accurate passing team than we are and if their WRs can get separation like ours were, Florida is going to go down.

I am surprised also. Wondering if the UK brand has just been so bad in the past that no one wants to be the AD that hired a coach from Kentucky. Then again, Bear Bryant coached there at one point. (-:

Totally agree, and I hope some program does scoop him up. Would love to see him gone from UK.

Why the concern with FSU? Are you a gator? (-:

:)

Grantham is using this as a way to motivate his guys...there are issues on that Florida defense and he knows it.
Also, yeah Kentucky poses more of a threat to Fla than Tennessee did because we exposed all their weaknesses in the backend.

Ky is a much more accurate passing team than we are and if their WRs can get separation like ours were, Florida is going to go down.

They may well be more accurate, as that's a low standard, unfortunately. But the UK passing game hasn't done dick since their opener, which was against an overmatched FCS school That's about like looking at our point total vs BG out of context and feeling good about it.

Let's see if UK can pass on Florida. Maybe they will surprise me, but the current SECN talking head consensus is "same ole Kentucky" regarding their pass game (and yes, those jackholes are wrong a lot, but we will see).

Reactions: IndianaVol
UK isn't fielding the team from the past 5 years. If you are Bama or UGA or even UF, LSU, and a few others and you lose 8 or 10 of your best players with several being drafted then you reload. If you are UK... you don't. They do not have a roster as good as what they've had the past couple of years.

Oh, they were 5-6 last year WITH all that additional talent and lost 34-10 to UF.

We also had 50 players for the Bama and Florida games last year due to Covid. We had a 10-7 lead with 43 seconds to go in the first half also. It wouldn't have lasted because C Rod was one of the Covid casualties so we couldn't really do our ground and pound game. But 34-10 last year is a bit misleading. We are also at a stretch where the blowouts for Florida are the outlier, the last 7 meeting the last 5 have been close with Kentucky winning one. We got to start winning these games!

We also had 50 players for the Bama and Florida games last year due to Covid. We had a 10-7 lead with 43 seconds to go in the first half also. It wouldn't have lasted because C Rod was one of the Covid casualties so we couldn't really do our ground and pound game. But 34-10 last year is a bit misleading. We are also at a stretch where the blowouts for Florida are the outlier, the last 7 meeting the last 5 have been close with Kentucky winning one. We got to start winning these games!

Well we will find out soon enough. For most of the close UF-UK games you mention, Mullen was not the coach. As much as I loathe him and them, UF is ALSO much better than they were five years ago. I think a case can be made that they have improved relatively more than UK.

I am on record as saying I hope they blow you out, because at this point in the season I want Kentucky to be Sucky.

But if you do pull an upset, I'm not going to be that upset that the Gators lost. ;)

Reactions: Jaws and sjt18
So Covid only hurt your side?

We will see soon enough but I'm going to guess that those 8 or 10 NFL type key players UK lost go a long way to explaining why UTC legitimately competed for 4 qtrs.

FWIW, UT with a thin roster had an opportunity to tie the game at the half last Saturday.

UF is significantly deeper with talent than UT and even more so UK.

I'm all for "hope" when it comes to UT's chances in games like this. I absolutely loath UF so nothing would please me any more than for you all to beat them this week. But realistically... prepare yourself for an absolute beat down. This is one of the better teams UF has had in a while.

Reactions: Jaws and BanditVol
I just hope Vanderbilt doesn’t leave the SEC anytime soon. Then the next one out or replaced might be us.

Grantham is pure trash! Don't forget this is the same guy that made a choking gesture at a Florida kicker several years ago. Just a gun. The newest version of Joe Lee Dunn.

VN Store

Back