Gator fans smell like **** thread

Finished the season ranked #7.

2019 recruiting class ranked #8...2020 class currently ranked #6.

This thread continues to age about as well as Mickey Rourke.

Last edited:
And no championships.

We will see. But I don’t see any in your future.
(Mine either for what it’s worth)

Maybe in basketball

So you don’t apply the same “logic” to your basketball coach, who has yet to win a national title coming from Texas of all places, to our football coach who had Mississippi State ranked #1, but he’ll never win a championship in your opinion.

Solid argument. :cool:

So you don’t apply the same “logic” to your basketball coach, who has yet to win a national title coming from Texas of all places, to our football coach who had MSU ranked #1, but he’ll never win a championship in your opinion.

The basketball was a joke dufuss.
It takes a great Deal of luck to win a title. More so in basketball than football. But yes our BBall coach is waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy more accomplished than you dip **** football coach.
Our BBall coach could win a title. Your football coach will never win the sec.

And we should absolutely send Texas a fruit basket. Our guy is the best thing to ever happen to Tennessee Basketball.

So you don’t apply the same “logic” to your basketball coach, who has yet to win a national title coming from Texas of all places, to our football coach who had Mississippi State ranked #1, but he’ll never win a championship in your opinion.

Y'all are definitely returning to pre Spurrier retirement form.

The basketball was a joke dufuss.
It takes a great Deal of luck to win a title. More so in basketball than football. But yes our BBall coach is waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy more accomplished than you dip **** football coach.
Our BBall coach could win a title. Your football coach will never win the sec.

And we should absolutely send Texas a fruit basket. Our guy is the best thing to ever happen to Tennessee Basketball.

We can agree to disagree on Barnes vs Mullen. That’s a different thread for a different day, considering Barnes’ reputation has been an underachiever who squandered talent on a consistent basis at Texas.

But he’s got UT ranked #1, so good luck with the rest of the season. UF will offer little resistance this weekend at TBA.

We can agree to disagree on Barnes vs Mullen. That’s a different thread for a different day, considering Barnes’ reputation has been an underachiever who squandered talent on a consistent basis at Texas.

But he’s got UT ranked #1, so good luck with the rest of the season. UF will offer little resistance this weekend at TBA.

I expect this to be a good game after the chomp on your floor. I think it will closer than most expect.

I expect this to be a good game after the chomp on your floor. I think it will closer than most expect.

And I expect UF to lose by 15+

The chompfest in the O’dome was a compliment of sorts...but it will have no bearing on the game. UT is clearly the better team.

The main difference being Florida football expects championships. Tennessee basketball has never had any so we’re just happy to be here.

Mullin doesn’t survive year 3 if he doesn’t win the SEC. not just the east.

You have to win championships at Florida or you won’t be there.

The chompfest in the O’dome was a compliment of sorts...but it will have no bearing on the game. UT is clearly the better team.

Don’t get me wrong. As I’ve said many times I wish Tennessee wanted to win as much as Florida does. But we don’t. The fans do but the university isn’t as committed.

Mullen just isn’t the guy to get you there. He’ll set the next guy up really well though

The main difference being Florida football expects championships. Tennessee basketball has never had any so we’re just happy to be here.

Mullin doesn’t survive year 3 if he doesn’t win the SEC. not just the east.

You have to win championships at Florida or you won’t be there.

Disagree with the second paragraph.

Agree with the third paragraph, but Mullen’s got a rabbi in Stricklin, so he’s not going anywhere as long as Stricklin is there.

It’s ridiculous to suggest Mullen will be given less time than Muschamp or McElwain given the improvement we saw from 2017 to 2018...but to be fair, you’re no stranger to ridiculous posts.

Last edited:
Don’t get me wrong. As I’ve said many times I wish Tennessee wanted to win as much as Florida does. But we don’t. The fans do but the university isn’t as committed.

Mullen just isn’t the guy to get you there. He’ll set the next guy up really well though

Your opinion is noted.

UF will fire Mullen in 3 years following two consecutive Top 10 recruiting classes and no SEC titles, setting up (insert next coach’s name who will also be fired in 3 years for not winning the SEC due to instability in the program because we keeping turning over the coaching staff every three years).

Reactions: Gatorsec
Your opinion is noted.

UF will fire Mullen in 3 years following two consecutive Top 10 recruiting classes and no SEC titles, setting up (insert next coach’s name who will also be fired in 3 years for not winning the SEC due to instability in the program because we keeping turning over the coaching staff every three years).

The good old stability argument.
You’ve been posting on a Tennessee board for too long. You’re starting to say the dumb **** we do.

The good old stability argument.
You’ve been posting on a Tennessee board for too long. You’re starting to say the dumb **** we do.

Actually, I was restating your weak argument.

You’re not very good at this, but you get credit for keeping the place warm with that smoking hot take about UF firing Mullen in 3 years if he doesn’t win the SEC.

Right, because Clemson got where they are by flipping coaches every 3-4 years. :)

You’re not very good at this.

You’re either dumb as a bag of hammers (typical Florida fan) or ...no,I think that’s it.

You don’t follow your own team.
I think a coach should get 4-5 years. But that’s not what Florida does. Florida pulls the trigger quickly. Tennessee gives too much time and isn’t willing to pay either. I think Mullen is good but not great. I’m glad you have him because if he’d come to Tennessee he’d win enough we’d be stuck with him forever.
If he doesn’t win big he’ll be out at Florida. That’s what Florida’s history teaches.
I’m sure you were just as excited about other 1st year 10 win coaches that were quickly shown the door.
It’s sad how much you understand about your team which is clearly very damn little.

Time will tell but Danger Mouse isn’t the first guy recently to start off good
DA3F7410-CC69-4EBA-9C8E-5A924481A68A.jpeg

Unless Dan Mullen becomes the third consecutive UF coach to post a 4-win season in the next two years, he will not be fired.

I bet you guys wish you’d have given Ron Zook more time .....for the stability of the program

I bet you guys wish you’d have given Ron Zook more time .....for the stability of the program

Nope, everything worked out in that situation.

After Zook we hired a guy many people said would never succeed in the SEC. He did okay.

Last edited:
Meyer never went undefeated at FL? Huh, I thought he did. Did Spurrier? Can't remember.

Time will tell on Mullen. And I don't think the chomp was a compliment. Pretty sure your fans are a##holes and were spouting off their typical drivel. I hate Duke but their fans do it right and have fun. Guess it's just the culture difference.

Meyer never went undefeated at FL? Huh, I thought he did. Did Spurrier? Can't remember.

Time will tell on Mullen. And I don't think the chomp was a compliment. Pretty sure your fans are a##holes and were spouting off their typical drivel. I hate Duke but their fans do it right and have fun. Guess it's just the culture difference.

UT’s student section chanting “f*** you Florida” every other year in Neyland agrees with you about Duke’s student section.

Regarding Spurrier and Meyer, both had undefeated regular seasons (‘95 and ‘09), but Spurrier got destroyed by Nebraska and Meyer lost to Bama in the SECCG.

Time will definitely tell on Mullen, but our offense has a pulse again with Feleipe Freaking Franks playing QB. In another year Franks might be our third best QB on the roster. The biggest knock on Mullen was recruiting, and it appears he’s figuring that out.

Muschamp only recruited one side of the ball and presided over our first losing season in 35 years. Like Zook, he was another failed Jeremy Foley experiment hiring a first time head coach.

McElwain inherited Muschamp’s castoffs on offense and let our defensive recruiting slip, while all but ignoring the S&C program and lying about death threats...and doubling down on another 4-win season in 2017. McElwain’s two East titles were smoke and mirrors thanks to the weakest Eastern division in conference history.

I get OS13’s take that our administration doesn’t put up with underachieving coaches for long, but he’s dead wrong about UF firing Mullen in three years if we don’t win the SEC, barring a repeat of our 2013/2017 seasons...not likely.

Last edited:

You have not been watching. The Gator bball team has given up this year. It is going to be a massacre.

I'd be tempted to take the over just because the crowd will be egging the UT players to pour it on at the end. I expect Barnes will try to keep them in check, but yeah, its going to be ugly.

VN Store

Back