Gator Bowl web site.

Deer park has been wrong tons of times

I think he might also be mistaken about something that Deerpark posted. He didn’t say anything about done deals, just that the Music City Bowl’s profile and payout have changed and under the newer setup, and its selection priority (with the SEC offices) is now higher than the Gator Bowl’s and Belk Bowl’s (because their payout is so much more money now).

But nowhere in any of it did DeerPark say we were a lock for the Music City Bowl because of money, either.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Not taking a chance - I have been told on here that its the MCB no matter what

I think you might be mistaken about something that Deerpark posted. I’m looking at that thread and he doesn’t say that it’s a lock; he just seems to be explaining how the bowl game isn’t the same low prestige, low payout game it was back in the 90s...and that it’s much higher payout gives its requested teams more weight with the SEC offices now (more so than the Gator Bowl’s and Belk Bowl’s).

Reactions: 508mikey
I’m still pissed about missing the Rose Bowl because of a backup LSU QB.

Yeah, me too! My wife and I were at the UT/LSU SEC championship game. We knocked out their QB, RB and were up @ halftime only to self destruct to a Saban coached team.

Miami had a ton of NFL players on their roster but still would’ve loved a shot to play against them in Pasadena.

Reactions: mickeyvol
I think he might also be mistaken about something that Deerpark posted. He didn’t say anything about done deals, just that the Music City Bowl’s profile and payout have changed and under the newer setup, and its selection priority (with the SEC offices) is now higher than the Gator Bowl’s and Belk Bowl’s (because their payout is so much more money now).

But nowhere in any of it did DeerPark say we were a lock for the Music City Bowl because of money, either.

Regardless I still think Gator Bowl bound. I may be wrong -time will tell.

Yeah, me too! My wife and I were at the UT/LSU SEC championship game. We knocked out their QB, RB and were up @ halftime only to self destruct to a Saban coached team.

Miami had a ton of NFL players on their roster but still would’ve loved a shot to play against them in Pasadena.
I had already bought plane tickets to Los Angeles where both my Grandmas lived.
It was heartbreaking.

Reactions: vol94
You guys are discounting the Outback Bowl, the Citrus Bowl is going to take a 8-4 Auburn team, Florida is headed to the Orange, LSU and UGA are playoff bound. Or if they can they'll swap Bama and UGA, then whoever's left out of the playoff will be headed to the Sugar.

Outback isn't going to want a struggling A&M team with little excitement surrounding it, so they will take the Vols.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
According to the SEC website, other than the Citrus the bowls do not pick teams:

After the Citrus Bowl selects a team, there will be a pool of six bowls and the Conference, in consultation with the institutions and the bowls, will make the assignments for these six bowl games from all eligible SEC teams.
BOWL DATE, TIME (ET) NETWORK
Outback Bowl (Tampa, FL) vs. Big TenJan. 1, 1 p.m.ESPN
TaxSlayer Bowl (Jacksonville, FL) vs. Big Ten/ACCJan. 2, 7 p.m.ESPN
Music City Bowl (Nashville, TN) vs. ACC/Big TenDec. 30, 4 p.m.ESPN
Texas Bowl (Houston, TX) vs. Big 12Dec. 27, 6:45 p.m.ESPN
Belk Bowl (Charlotte, NC) vs. ACCDec. 31, NoonESPN
Liberty Bowl (Memphis, TN) vs. Big 12Dec. 31, 3:45 p.m.ESPN
I would would love to see UT VS UT

You guys are discounting the Outback Bowl, the Citrus Bowl is going to take a 8-4 Auburn team, Florida is headed to the Orange, LSU and UGA are playoff bound. Or if they can they'll swap Bama and UGA, then whoever's left out of the playoff will be headed to the Sugar.

Outback isn't going to want a struggling A&M team with little excitement surrounding it, so they will take the Vols.
If Auburn is burnt by Bama why would citrus not take 7-5 Vols team on a 6 win out 7 games and 5 game winning streak.?

If Auburn is burnt by Bama why would citrus not take 7-5 Vols team on a 6 win out 7 games and 5 game winning streak.?
Because of the eye test and Auburn being 8-4. Also I don't believe for a minute that Bama will blow Auburn out Saturday.

There is a Citrus Bowl rep that post on this site, he's a UT grad maybe he will have some insight

UF will get the Citrus according to that ESPN CFP show last Tuesday

According to the SEC website, other than the Citrus the bowls do not pick teams:

After the Citrus Bowl selects a team, there will be a pool of six bowls and the Conference, in consultation with the institutions and the bowls, will make the assignments for these six bowl games from all eligible SEC teams.
BOWL DATE, TIME (ET) NETWORK
Outback Bowl (Tampa, FL) vs. Big TenJan. 1, 1 p.m.ESPN
TaxSlayer Bowl (Jacksonville, FL) vs. Big Ten/ACCJan. 2, 7 p.m.ESPN
Music City Bowl (Nashville, TN) vs. ACC/Big TenDec. 30, 4 p.m.ESPN
Texas Bowl (Houston, TX) vs. Big 12Dec. 27, 6:45 p.m.ESPN
Belk Bowl (Charlotte, NC) vs. ACCDec. 31, NoonESPN
Liberty Bowl (Memphis, TN) vs. Big 12Dec. 31, 3:45 p.m.ESPN

Ain’t gonna lie, I’d really like to play TexasBowl instead of another Big Ten bowl game.

payout is lower -- wont happen

I think a lot of people here are also confused on how the bowl payouts work in the SEC, especially with regard to the conference’s revenue-sharing.

The teams don’t keep the entirety of that bowl payout, how much they actually keep goes as follows (according to the information the SEC offices shared before the season, from the link below):

SEC BOWL REVENUE DISTRIBUTION:

(A) For bowl games providing receipts which result in a balance of less than $1,500,000, the participating institution shall retain $1,050,000, plus a travel allowance as determined by the SEC Executive Committee. The remainder shall be remitted to the Commissioner and shall be divided into 15 equal shares with one share to the Conference and one share to each member institution.

(B) For bowl games providing receipts which result in a balance between $1,500,000 and $3,999,999, the participating institution shall retain $1,325,000, plus a travel allowance as determined by the SEC Executive Committee. The remainder shall be remitted to the Commissioner and shall be divided into 15 equal shares, with one share to the Conference and one share to each member institution.

(C) For bowl games providing receipts which result in a balance between $4,000,000 and $5,999,999, the participating institution shall retain $1,525,000, plus a travel allowance as determined by the SEC Executive Committee. The remainder shall be remitted to the Commissioner and shall be divided into 15 equal shares, with one share to the Conference and one share to each member institution.

(D) For bowl games providing receipts which result in a balance of $6,000,000 or more and all College Football Playoff games, the participating institution shall receive $2,050,000 ($2,050,000 if the SEC team is a participant in the College Football Playoff semi-finals game; an additional $2,150,000 if the SEC team is also a participant in the College Football Playoff championship game, which determines the National Champion), plus a travel allowance as determined by the SEC Executive Committee. Institutions participating in a College Football Playoff game may also request additional travel expenses, which may be granted to such institution at the Commissioner’s discretion. The remainder shall be remitted to the Commissioner and shall be divided into 15 equal shares, with one share to the Conference and one share to each member institution.

(E) Bowl Revenue Protection Insurance shall be deducted prior to Conference distribution.

(F) The cost of unused tickets up to the contractually guaranteed ticket purchase number shall be deducted prior to Conference distribution., except as provided in subsection (g) below.

(G) For bowl games in which a member institution participates as an “alternate” (e.g., 5-7 team) under NCAA Postseason Bowl Game requirements, the participating institution shall retain all revenue distributed by the bowl. The participating institution shall not re- ceive a base retainage or travel allowance as set forth in subsections (a) through (d) above. The participating institution shall also be fully responsible for the contractually guaranteed ticket purchase number and any other expenses associated with participation in the bowl.

http://a.espncdn.com/sec/football/2019/Bowls.pdf

Had a great time at the Outback Bowl with tailgating right next to stadium. Plenty of sunshine and some great seafood at the beach. Prefer that over Nashville, Memphis, Charlotte, or Birmingham anytime. Also great to watch the game in short sleeves instead of being bundled up and miserable.
Ok.. then how about this... gator>outback

Reactions: 508mikey

VN Store

Back