Gator Bowl web site.

Not taking a chance - I have been told on here that its the MCB no matter what

Nah, it’s the Gator Bowl. They want the Vols as we travel well. They wont take a Texas A&M team coming offf two consecutive losses, plus played there last yr.

Reactions: NATHAN05 and MAD
I think this team will have one of its best games when they play Vandy. I believe they will play hard.
Amazing what they have done and I don't think they will in any way let Vandy spoil that this year.
8-5 it will be imo

I prefer the Gator too but Deerpark said it will be the MCB and he is an AD insider about this stuff -- all about money according to him

MCB payout is $2M higher and so it gets the first pick. Unless they take TAM, I would venture to say we bowl in Nashville. What would be sweet would be TAM and Auburn both being blown away next week and the Outback Bowl getting cold feet over discontent fan bases and them sntaching us up. Unlikely, but attractive.

MCB payout is $2M higher and so it gets the first pick. Unless they take TAM, I would venture to say we bowl in Nashville. What would be sweet would be TAM and Auburn both being blown away next week and the Outback Bowl getting cold feet over discontent fan bases and them sntaching us up. Unlikely, but attractive.
Either way UT would sell out the Outback before AM or Auburn

According to the SEC website, other than the Citrus the bowls do not pick teams:

After the Citrus Bowl selects a team, there will be a pool of six bowls and the Conference, in consultation with the institutions and the bowls, will make the assignments for these six bowl games from all eligible SEC teams.
BOWL DATE, TIME (ET) NETWORK
Outback Bowl (Tampa, FL) vs. Big TenJan. 1, 1 p.m.ESPN
TaxSlayer Bowl (Jacksonville, FL) vs. Big Ten/ACCJan. 2, 7 p.m.ESPN
Music City Bowl (Nashville, TN) vs. ACC/Big TenDec. 30, 4 p.m.ESPN
Texas Bowl (Houston, TX) vs. Big 12Dec. 27, 6:45 p.m.ESPN
Belk Bowl (Charlotte, NC) vs. ACCDec. 31, NoonESPN
Liberty Bowl (Memphis, TN) vs. Big 12Dec. 31, 3:45 p.m.ESPN

VN Store

Back