Gator Bowl ranked 3rd best by CBS

I was there and I ranked it #1 Bowl Game this year. Tailgating with 1000's of Vol fans with alcohol? Check........Club seating at Jax stadium who have to have top of the line club seating and amenities with plenty of alcohol selections because no one in Florida goes to Jax games? Check .......Tito's vodka bar so wife can also have a good time because she didnt grow up a Tennessee or football fan so she doesnt "get it"? Check ..........with just the right amount of alcohol in our systems, section 111 bonded for a 14 pt comeback win for the ages? Check

Reactions: wlkx and DixieVol
You mean the Tech screw job.

I didn't even care. Hardly watched that one. Look at it from my well known viewpoint. I'm sitting here watching the game. Targeting is called. Announcers become obsessed with discussing targeting. Suddenly I am changing the channel to see old episodes of the Honeymooners or Gilligan's Island.

But one thing that I did take note of was alternate things to be dumped on coaches depending on the bowl. Cheezits being dumped on the coach at the Cheezit bowl. French Fries dumped on the winner of the Idaho Potato Bowl. This was a groundbreaking decision. Hopefully this line of thinking carries over to next year's Iron Bowl, and Egg Bowl. That, I shall watch with keen interest.

Wait, there's another game? I just think the normal college football fan has moved on to NFL and CBB, but will watch it. Two week break for this game totally killed momentum of college football championship...unless you're clemson or lsu fan.
I’d agree, since I’m also a big Titans fan. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen them do well late in the season so my attention is definitely focused there. On the other hand, I know LSU’s long snapper personally and he’s a really great kid, super smart, and does tons of community outreach to kids with diabetes (he’s diabetic as well). So for him, and to bring the trophy back to the SEC out of Bama’s hands, I’m gonna watch the natty. Plus I wanna see Lawrence lose. Great QB, but I’m still bitter about his decommitment from us a few years ago (even though I don’t blame him). 😂 I’m a selfish fan. 😎

I didn't even care. Hardly watched that one. Look at it from my well known viewpoint. I'm sitting here watching the game. Targeting is called. Announcers become obsessed with discussing targeting. Suddenly I am changing the channel to see old episodes of the Honeymooners or Gilligan's Island.

But one thing that I did take note of was alternate things to be dumped on coaches depending on the bowl. Cheezits being dumped on the coach at the Cheezit bowl. French Fries dumped on the winner of the Idaho Potato Bowl. This was a groundbreaking decision. Hopefully this line of thinking carries over to next year's Iron Bowl, and Egg Bowl. That, I shall watch with keen interest.

Next years egg bowl will have enough headlines without extra help lol

Iron bowl dump is just hoping Saban gets caught and has to retire

If you have a cool couple Mil on hand, then you too could have your own bowl to make it an even 40. I can see it now, the "Volgrad98 VolNation.com Bowl" 😂

But you might have to fend off @Freak for copyright use authorization and a share of the profits. 😎
Freak can sponsor it with a little help from his friends.

I was disappointed in the bowl games this year. Very few decent match-ups TBH. Gator Bowl followed suit until UT's last ditch effort which made that a great game. Also liked the Fiesta Bowl. Hoping the championship game is a knockdown drag-out type. NFL play-offs are looking good so-far.

Reactions: Offset Eye
I read this morning there was a 1.6% increase in actual attendance this bowl season over last year. Most of it was attributed to the Gator Bowl 61,789 vs 38,206 last year.

There was 40 bowl games this year and being reported there will be 42 next year with almost 65% of FBS teams going bowling.

Ranking all 39 college football bowl games for 2019-20 from worst to best

3. Gator Bowl (17) -- Tennessee 23, Indiana 22: If you'd have asked me in the first half of the Gator Bowl if it was destined to be a top-five bowl in 2019 (2020, technically) I'd have assumed you were still drunk from New Year's Eve. It was a 6-3 game at halftime, but the second half went nuts. Indiana scored 16 points in the third quarter to take a 19-9 lead after three and then got another field goal early in the fourth to extend it to 22-9. That was the score with 5 minutes left, but then Tennessee managed to score two touchdowns within 30 seconds of game time thanks to a successful onside kick to steal the game. In a bowl season desperate for late drama, this game not only had it but sprung it on us out of nowhere.

Certainly one of the better games and I have yet to see the SEC channel replay the game. Bama's game, UGA's game and even the Belk bowl has been replayed two to three times. Our game was more exciting than any of those games. WTF gives?

I am probably in the minority but these bowl games seem like high school volleyball games, the only people who attend are the parents. The only bowls I watched this season were the playoffs and the Taxslayer Bowl.

61,789 parents at Gator Bowl is impressive.

You thought I meant the parents of the football players LOL? FANS, no one but UT/UF FANS attended or watched the games for the most part, similar to how no one but parents watch HS volleyball. 10 years ago I watched almost every game and attended a few where my team was not participating.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
I'd say one of the most evenly matched in terms of team-performances of all of the bowl games this season.

Was still a very good show, almost as good as the one we put on with them at that racetrack.
I wasn't disputing anything about your post. It was meant in agreement because the teams acted and played like they wanted to be there and that it actually meant something to them.

You thought I meant the parents of the football players LOL? FANS, no one but UT/UF FANS attended or watched the games for the most part, similar to how no one but parents watch HS volleyball. 10 years ago I watched almost every game and attended a few where my team was not participating.
I knew what you meant. I was just trying to be funny:);):cool:

I was there and I ranked it #1 Bowl Game this year. Tailgating with 1000's of Vol fans with alcohol? Check........Club seating at Jax stadium who have to have top of the line club seating and amenities with plenty of alcohol selections because no one in Florida goes to Jax games? Check .......Tito's vodka bar so wife can also have a good time because she didnt grow up a Tennessee or football fan so she doesnt "get it"? Check ..........with just the right amount of alcohol in our systems, section 111 bonded for a 14 pt comeback win for the ages? Check

You're a horrible Vols fan. Whether she grew up in Tennessee or not, if your wife doesn't get it, you should give it to her. You thoughtless punk, you! ;)

Reactions: NATHAN05
Oh who am I kidding, its way more fun to cry like a little girl. If, we had a better QB, if our Online was better, if our punter was better, if the coaches managed the clock better, if we had a better running game.....

No, just if we had a better quarterback. Everyone else was fine. It was the quarterback that held us back. Crappy play behind center. Incompetence and outright buffoonery.

Again.

Reactions: BreatheUT

VN Store

Back