Gator Bowl ranked 3rd best by CBS

Special Ed

VFE: Vol For Eternity
Ranking all 39 college football bowl games for 2019-20 from worst to best

3. Gator Bowl (17) -- Tennessee 23, Indiana 22: If you'd have asked me in the first half of the Gator Bowl if it was destined to be a top-five bowl in 2019 (2020, technically) I'd have assumed you were still drunk from New Year's Eve. It was a 6-3 game at halftime, but the second half went nuts. Indiana scored 16 points in the third quarter to take a 19-9 lead after three and then got another field goal early in the fourth to extend it to 22-9. That was the score with 5 minutes left, but then Tennessee managed to score two touchdowns within 30 seconds of game time thanks to a successful onside kick to steal the game. In a bowl season desperate for late drama, this game not only had it but sprung it on us out of nowhere.

Last edited:
Well, it was a boring game up until the last 5 minutes. We should have lost that game many times. It was an unbelievable win! What was really frustrating was knowing that the VOLS had the potential all the time but couldn't get it done--should have been able to run Indiana out of the stadium. Indiana was no slouch and they were very prepared but especially our QB play was terrible--until the last 5 minutes. Give Pruitt & staff all the credit & JG & company for coming back to get the W. Just unbelievable! 2020 is looking pretty darn good now with which should be a dominating OL and more depth everywhere. What a difference a couple of years can make with a new coach & great staff recruiting players that can compete! Go VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, it was a boring game up until the last 5 minutes. We should have lost that game many times. It was an unbelievable win! What was really frustrating was knowing that the VOLS had the potential all the time but couldn't get it done--should have been able to run Indiana out of the stadium. Indiana was no slouch and they were very prepared but especially our QB play was terrible--until the last 5 minutes. Give Pruitt & staff all the credit & JG & company for coming back to get the W. Just unbelievable! 2020 is looking pretty darn good now with which should be a dominating OL and more depth everywhere. What a difference a couple of years can make with a new coach & great staff recruiting players that can compete! Go VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!
We also should have been up by 21 early on as well. So frustrating. But at least we got the W and the future is bright! šŸ˜Ž

We are ranked behind Kentucky vs Virginia Tech at number 1. Verdict: Disappointing bowls season.

Reactions: Remy
I never took the time to count how many bowl games there are, 39 is a lot.
If you have a cool couple Mil on hand, then you too could have your own bowl to make it an even 40. I can see it now, the "Volgrad98 VolNation.com Bowl" šŸ˜‚

But you might have to fend off @Freak for copyright use authorization and a share of the profits. šŸ˜Ž

If you have a cool couple Mil on hand, then you too could have your own bowl to make it an even 40. I can see it now, the "Volgrad98 VolNation.com Bowl" šŸ˜‚

But you might have to fend off @Freak for copyright use authorization and a share of the profits. šŸ˜Ž

haha you know I'm almost tempted to start a gofundme and try to make it happen. I would have it in Hawaii and invite the Vols every year. Mo you'd get complimentary box seating.

Ranking the bowl games before they're all done is pretty dumb IMO
Wait, there's another game? I just think the normal college football fan has moved on to NFL and CBB, but will watch it. Two week break for this game totally killed momentum of college football championship...unless you're clemson or lsu fan.

Wait, there's another game? I just think the normal college football fan has moved on to NFL and CBB, but will watch it. Two week break for this game totally killed momentum of college football championship...unless you're clemson or lsu fan.

What was the size of the sampling you took to ome up with your conclusion.

It was a great game to watch with great team effort, which is something we haven't had a lot of in a while.

Oh who am I kidding, its way more fun to cry like a little girl. If, we had a better QB, if our Online was better, if our punter was better, if the coaches managed the clock better, if we had a better running game, if we didn't lose to GaSt, if we hired Leach, if we hired someone else instead of Chaney, if it hadn't been so warm, if I had drank more beer.....Lol, this team was not built to come back, there is no "IF we come back".... Oh wait.

It was a bit "ho-hum" in the stadium until about 7 minutes left. Then it cranked up like a rock concert. UT had the stones to hang in there!

Reactions: NATHAN05

VN Store

Back