Gator Bowl ranked 3rd best by CBS

Ranking all 39 college football bowl games for 2019-20 from worst to best

3. Gator Bowl (17) -- Tennessee 23, Indiana 22: If you'd have asked me in the first half of the Gator Bowl if it was destined to be a top-five bowl in 2019 (2020, technically) I'd have assumed you were still drunk from New Year's Eve. It was a 6-3 game at halftime, but the second half went nuts. Indiana scored 16 points in the third quarter to take a 19-9 lead after three and then got another field goal early in the fourth to extend it to 22-9. That was the score with 5 minutes left, but then Tennessee managed to score two touchdowns within 30 seconds of game time thanks to a successful onside kick to steal the game. In a bowl season desperate for late drama, this game not only had it but sprung it on us out of nowhere.
I don't know about that one. The game was definitely exciting.. but it was an ugly... ugly game from both teams.

We did some major league sandbagging against IU!

Seriously, glad we woke up and decided to play a motivated team!

Well, it was a boring game up until the last 5 minutes. We should have lost that game many times. It was an unbelievable win! What was really frustrating was knowing that the VOLS had the potential all the time but couldn't get it done--should have been able to run Indiana out of the stadium. Indiana was no slouch and they were very prepared but especially our QB play was terrible--until the last 5 minutes. Give Pruitt & staff all the credit & JG & company for coming back to get the W. Just unbelievable! 2020 is looking pretty darn good now with which should be a dominating OL and more depth everywhere. What a difference a couple of years can make with a new coach & great staff recruiting players that can compete! Go VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!

We should have beaten them by 28 points

VN Store

Back