Gator Bowl…

That would travel well and would be smart on their part. They know our fanbase likes a good excuse to go to sunshine. Would be a fun matchup and I think we clobber UNC.

community-ken-jeong.gif

Not sure why a probable 6-6 unc would play in the gator over a probable 9-3 Clemson. Maybe there are higher bowls than the gator for the ACC

Reactions: kcvols1
Latest Sports Illustrated projection has Vols vs. North Carolina in the Gator. Vols move up a level after Auburn loss to South Carolina and their beat down coming in the Iron Bowl.

Will be surprised if we get elevated to that level bowl, travel numbers or not. The only reason might be that the informed on their committee might be using our 7-4-1 record in the calculations. OH, the one is not a tie of course, it is an official muddled game that can be ignored as a real loss, though not a probable win either. They might have added back the TD that was officially taken away.

Reactions: volnut1
Will be surprised if we get elevated to that level bowl, travel numbers or not. The only reason might be that the informed on their committee might be using our 7-4-1 record in the calculations. OH, the one is not a tie of course, it is an official muddled game that can be ignored as a real loss, though not a probable win either. They might have added back the TD that was officially taken away.

I wouldn't be surprised at all. Here is a realistic scenario:

If Ole Miss beats Miss St., then Miss St. drops out of the rankings. If Mizzou beats Ark, they drop but still might be ranked in the top 25. Assuming we beat Vandy, ours, Ark and Miss St. records are the same. If AL beats Auburn and T A&M beats LSU (which they both should) then the SEC positions would be:

1. Georgia - 8-0, 12-0
  2. Alabama - 7-1, 11-1
  3. Ole Miss - 6-2, 10-2
  4. TX A&M - 5-3, 9-3
  5. KY - 5-3, 8-3 (with a tough game with Louisville to go, but doesn't impact their SEC rank)
  6. TN, Ark & Miss St. - 4-4, 7-5

If GA wins the SEC championship:

• GA to the playoffs
  • AL to the Sugar
  • Ole Miss to the Peach
  • TX A&M to the Citrus
  • KY to the Outback
  • UT, Ark or Miss St. to the Gator - Travel does make a difference. If Ark isn't ranked, I say they take UT over both Ark and Miss St.

If AL were to surprise all of us and beat GA, I believe GA and AL both get into the playoffs, and everyone else moves up a bowl spot. I see this as very possible, but it all hinges on Ole Miss beating Miss St and Mizzou beating Arkansas.

That's a bad take
How so? MSU allows about 340 ypg. Opponents complete 65% of their passes and have thrown 23 TD's against them. The only B-10 team not to pass for more yards vs MSU than their season avg is Nebraska. Only 2 opponents including their FCS opponent passed for less than 248 yds.

UT would destroy them throwing the ball.

I think the good news is UT has some buzz this year; their offense is fun and firing which is good for ratings; and therefore, they should get the higher of the available bowls when judgement calls are made. So I'm hoping that makes us one of the best 7-5,4-4 teams out there.

If Ole Miss beats Miss St., then Miss St. drops out of the rankings. If Mizzou beats Ark, they drop but still might be ranked in the top 25. Assuming we beat Vandy, ours, Ark and Miss St. records are the same. If AL beats Auburn and T A&M beats LSU (which they both should) then the SEC positions would be:

1. Georgia - 8-0, 12-0
  2. Alabama - 7-1, 11-1
  3. Ole Miss - 6-2, 10-2
  4. TX A&M - 5-3, 9-3
  5. KY - 5-3, 8-3 (with a tough game with Louisville to go, but doesn't impact their SEC rank)

• GA to the playoffs
  • AL to the Sugar
  • Ole Miss to the Peach
  • TX A&M to the Citrus
  • KY to the Outback
  • UT, Ark or Miss St. to the Gator - Travel does make a difference. If Ark isn't ranked, I say they take UT over both Ark and Miss St.

If AL were to surprise all of us and beat GA, I believe GA and AL both get into the playoffs, and everyone else moves up a bowl spot. I see this as very possible, but it all hinges on Ole Miss beating Miss St and Mizzou beating Arkansas.
Austin Price said on the VQ podcast that if UK lost to Louisville we could slide into the Outback Bowl. We should all be pulling for Louisville this weekend if we weren’t already.

The fact that the Vols are exciting to watch and sell out bowls with frequency makes them usually get a higher bowl seeding than teams like the Mississippi schools and Arkansas (considering similar records). Auburn falling out of the picture sure changed things. It is half the distance from Knoxville to Jacksonville as it is from Fayetteville, AR. No brainer for the Gator Bowl to grab the Vols and laugh all the way to the bank.

1. Georgia - 8-0, 12-0
  2. Alabama - 7-1, 11-1
  3. Ole Miss - 6-2, 10-2
  4. TX A&M - 5-3, 9-3

• GA to the playoffs
  • AL to the Sugar
  • Ole Miss to the Peach
  • TX A&M to the Citrus
  • KY to the Outback

I am all for it, just don't want to get my expectations up when there are so many possibilities.

VN Store

Back