Gator Bowl…

Austin Price said on the VQ podcast that if UK lost to Louisville we could slide into the Outback Bowl. We should all be pulling for Louisville this weekend if we weren’t already.

I believe that. I watched Louisville play on Thursday and I think they beat KY. I know it was Duke, but they looked pretty good.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I believe that. I watched Louisville play on Thursday and I think they beat KY. I know it was Duke, but they looked pretty good.
I watched it too. Duke allowed the QB to set ACC records . First player to throw for 300 and run 200 w/ 7 TDs. In case anyone is still wondering about Michigan State’s defense, they’re still statistically worse than Duke’s pass D.

How is that a bad take? MSU is ranked last in the Big 10 in pass defense. OSU knew that and shredded them throwing the ball. The announcers made mention to that fact multiple times.
Hyatt would have to catch the ball is the only problem I see.

I wouldn't be surprised at all. Here is a realistic scenario:

If Ole Miss beats Miss St., then Miss St. drops out of the rankings. If Mizzou beats Ark, they drop but still might be ranked in the top 25. Assuming we beat Vandy, ours, Ark and Miss St. records are the same. If AL beats Auburn and T A&M beats LSU (which they both should) then the SEC positions would be:

1. Georgia - 8-0, 12-0
  2. Alabama - 7-1, 11-1
  3. Ole Miss - 6-2, 10-2
  4. TX A&M - 5-3, 9-3
  5. KY - 5-3, 8-3 (with a tough game with Louisville to go, but doesn't impact their SEC rank)
  6. TN, Ark & Miss St. - 4-4, 7-5

If GA wins the SEC championship:

• GA to the playoffs
  • AL to the Sugar
  • Ole Miss to the Peach
  • TX A&M to the Citrus
  • KY to the Outback
  • UT, Ark or Miss St. to the Gator - Travel does make a difference. If Ark isn't ranked, I say they take UT over both Ark and Miss St.

If AL were to surprise all of us and beat GA, I believe GA and AL both get into the playoffs, and everyone else moves up a bowl spot. I see this as very possible, but it all hinges on Ole Miss beating Miss St and Mizzou beating Arkansas.

I doubt that Mizzou will beat the Hogs, but heck, I spose it could happen.

What's a bigger bowl in yalls opinion? Gator or music city? I saw tennessee Minnesota in music city bowl this morning

The fact that the Vols are exciting to watch and sell out bowls with frequency makes them usually get a higher bowl seeding than teams like the Mississippi schools and Arkansas (considering similar records). Auburn falling out of the picture sure changed things. It is half the distance from Knoxville to Jacksonville as it is from Fayetteville, AR. No brainer for the Gator Bowl to grab the Vols and laugh all the way to the bank.
Arkansa would go to The Texas Bowl.

That would be a good match up for the Gator Bowl execs..
TN is the new hotness and UT fans travel good.
Those young men deserve some FL sunshine after what they've accomplished this season.

Even if you weren't a Vol Fan, locals might go just to see the Offensive Fireworks by the Vols!

Reactions: TheVolsFrog

VN Store

Back