Game Thread WCWS Lady Vols vs Oklahoma

I still don't understand why the CFer was playing so far in when it wasn't the tying run on 2nd.

This is what I was saying. If she was playing normal depth she might have been able to catch it or atleast make a quicker play on it, lessening the damage. That was a major mistake. She was 15 feet off the infield grass.

Last edited:
I don't understand how Ellen pitched that final inning.

This is not hindsight being 20/20 either, she was rocked the inning before and shouldn't have finished it. She did great tonight, but fatigue and/or nerves got to her at the end.

It wasnt nerves. Fatigue maybe (probably??) but not nerves. Those Renfrew girls are not going to have issues with nerves.

Got robbed, had an OF out of position, and then probably lost a little zip.

The Weekley's(sp) r horrible with pitcher management...they screwed it up with Monica and again tonight...we r up by 3 and he doesn't bring in a fresh Ivy to shut them down...then brings Ellen back in the 12th...smh...This loss is all on the Coaches...again

Reactions: 3 people
Nobody gave the lady Vols a chance and they ignored everyone. The gals took OU down to the wire. I think they should have finished. No excuses and I'm sad about it. Instead of pointing fingers like everyone on this board I hope the lady's get some rest and shake it off. It's not over yet. Kick some sooner booty tomorrow! I'm very proud of all the lady Vols!

Reactions: 3 people
The Weekley's(sp) r horrible with pitcher management...they screwed it up with Monica and again tonight...we r up by 3 and he doesn't bring in a fresh Ivy to shut them down...then brings Ellen back in the 12th...smh...This loss is all on the Coaches...again

Ellen did her job. OU did to UT in that 12th inning what they generally do to teams that give them a 4th out to work with.

Reactions: 1 person
Ya because I don't believe in blaming umpires (not officials) when we blew it with an error

I didn't call them officials dumbass, I said officiating, which is what they do.. Next time I'll say umpiring so you dont feel the need to correct me. FTR, I don't know of any sport where they're called officials anyways; referees and umpires.

Last edited:
Nobody gave the lady Vols a chance and they ignored everyone. The gals took OU down to the wire. I think they should have finished. No excuses and I'm sad about it. Instead of pointing fingers like everyone on this board I hope the lady's get some rest and shake it off. It's not over yet. Kick some sooner booty tomorrow! I'm very proud of all the lady Vols!
What is sad is that with all the good things Lauren Gibson has done in career, she will never ever forget that pop fly

Reactions: 2 people

if they had brought in Ivy and lost, would you of been complaining to keep Ellen in? come on be honest with us.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't understand why they sit there and pepper the outside part of the plate the last 10 to 15 pitches and never once came over the inside part of the plate.

What is sad is that with all the good things Lauren Gibson has done in career, she will never ever forget that pop fly

as a parent of an athlete (different sport) I can tell you that this will be a long night for her mom and pop.

Just get it back together and win the next two, this will all go away.

Ellen did her job. OU did to UT in that 12th inning what they generally do to teams that give them a 4th out to work with.

I'm not saying it was Ellen's fault...she pitched great...but as a coach, he should've recognized that by the 11th inning she wouldn't be as sharp...with a fresh Ivy on the bench, how can you not bring her in...

another view

BL4zwynCAAAYUgc.jpg

so many softball experts in here now that haven't watched the lady vols all year awesome! stop blaming the coaching geez and ellen was going to finish this game unless it went like 15 plus innings

I'm not saying it was Ellen's fault...she pitched great...but as a coach, he should've recognized that by the 11th inning she wouldn't be as sharp...with a fresh Ivy on the bench, how can you not bring her in...

so you bring in a cold pitcher over a pitcher that is throwing a shutout? its a tough judgement call that a rational person can not complain about what the coaches called.

Reactions: 2 people
so many softball experts in here now that haven't watched the lady vols all year awesome! stop blaming the coaching geez and ellen was going to finish this game unless it went like 15 plus innings

actually I have...every game that was on I watched....living 6 hrs away I cant come and watch...but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out...even Ricketts was struggling

This is not an excuse to screw up a routine play, but the girl who hit the first triple was out at 3rd. Donte Stallworth tweeted photo evidence proving it.

so you bring in a cold pitcher over a pitcher that is throwing a shutout? its a tough judgement call that a rational person can not complain about what the coaches called.

how am I not being rational? Bc I'm not agreeing with the coaches... nd why cant you compare...its a ball pitched against a batter trying to hit it...Ellen did awesome...Ivy brings in the power pitch...gives the batters a different view

VN Store

Back