Game Thread - Tennessee Lady Vols vs #2 Shady Trees & Referees

People are overestimating the SEC and how many teams that will likely make the tournament. They have been terrible this season. SC, LSU and Arkansas are the only teams receiving votes from the pollsters, when they typically have about 7-8. Outside of SC and Arkansas, no one has any signature wins, with LSU's win over Oregon State being the best OOC win. If SC, LSU and Arkansas only lose to themselves, I don't see any other conference teams making the tournament if their best wins are only in conference against a bunch of other mediocre teams. Tennessee has a chance by virtue of their high-ish NET ranking, but that's far from a given if they can't find a way to beat one of the top 3 SEC teams and/or UConn by the time Selection Monday rolls around.

That`s my point you just can`t say we have a high net ranking so we are in. Not so fast !

How do you know it was Abby Conklin sitting behind the bench and how do you know that it was the real Abby Conklin on twitter ?

I don't. What I saw was the camera on RJ all sprawled out in her chair and three people working on her.

Might of been punched in stomach like Jordy earlier in game, might of been gassed.

She took over our offense for several minutes in third quarter which was great. But, then seemed to be trying to get breath on defense. They took her out, the coaches seemed mad about something, then she was never really the same for remainder of the game.

Maybe before next year, we need to reevaluate our nutritionist, strength coach, all the various support people of that nature?

Last edited:
I don't know what happened to Powell in the last month, but her performance has taken a dive off the cliff. Even with the early season losses, it looked like the PG spot was solid. That has not been the case at all in the last few games, and that includes vs. the cupcakes that preceded Stanford.
What aspects of JP's performance would you say have suffered? Team's offense is far better now, turnovers way down. Her defense is spotty, to put it mildly.

I am done with this back and forth.The record is clear about taking the hot shooters out of the game when they are red hot and for that matter when a rotation has gained a good lead over the good teams that we have played and then substitutions were inserted ( sometimes wholesale ) and the leads were lost and went on to lose ALL of those games. No need to keep one's head stuck deep in the sand on that issue. If Jackson was " gassed " call a 30 second timeout to give her a breather.....if she was hurt do the same thing......
I'm not even commenting on Rickea. You asked if that was the real Abby Conkin and I answered that question :rolleyes:

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Just read this entire thread for the first time and wanted to post this comment. Lot of posts, equally both positive and negative, and most if not all the responses have been civil and good responses. None of this, your an idiot, a negavol name calling stuff. Everyone just responded to what they believed to be a negative posts with, I don't think that's a fair assessment or I don't agree, and said why. Gives me hope this forum can be the equal opportunity opinion forum its supposed to be. Good job by all.

Last edited:
People are overestimating the SEC and how many teams that will likely make the tournament. They have been terrible this season. SC, LSU and Arkansas are the only teams receiving votes from the pollsters, when they typically have about 7-8. Outside of SC and Arkansas, no one has any signature wins, with LSU's win over Oregon State being the best OOC win. If SC, LSU and Arkansas only lose to themselves, I don't see any other conference teams making the tournament if their best wins are only in conference against a bunch of other mediocre teams. Tennessee has a chance by virtue of their high-ish NET ranking, but that's far from a given if they can't find a way to beat one of the top 3 SEC teams and/or UConn by the time Selection Monday rolls around.

This by Volfan2012 in a different thread. Apparently, outside of SC and Arkansas, LSU ‘s win over Oregon State is not the best OOC win.

“Strange to see the LSU Net ranking and their ranking in the polls. We have beat a team better than any they have played. We have wins over number 39 Net ranked Colorado and number 59 UMass. Their best win is against number 64 ranked Oregon State.”

This by Volfan2012 in a different thread. Apparently, outside of SC and Arkansas, LSU ‘s win over Oregon State is not the best OOC win.

“Strange to see the LSU Net ranking and their ranking in the polls. We have beat a team better than any they have played. We have wins over number 39 Net ranked Colorado and number 59 UMass. Their best win is against number 64 ranked Oregon State.”
Me pointing out LSU's win over Ore St wasn't a compliment to LSU. It was to highlight just how bad SEC OOC wins outside of those by SC and Arkansas have been. Whether it's Ore St, Colorado or UMass...none of those are good wins given that those teams aren't likely to get at-large tournament bids. Having wins over them won't do anything to make an argument for an at-large bid. Beating up on the rest of the SEC also rans probably won't either. They pretty much need to beat SC, Arkansas or LSU (or UConn) to feel good about their chances of getting in the tournament.

Reactions: 1reVOLver and djtee
Me pointing out LSU's win over Ore St wasn't a compliment to LSU. It was to highlight just how bad SEC OOC wins outside of those by SC and Arkansas have been. Whether it's Ore St, Colorado or UMass...none of those are good wins given that those teams aren't likely to get at-large tournament bids. Having wins over them won't do anything to make an argument for an at-large bid. Beating up on the rest of the SEC also rans probably won't either. They pretty much need to beat SC, Arkansas or LSU (or UConn) to feel good about their chances of getting in the tournament.
You said that other than SC (your team), and Arkansas, LSU had the best OOC win, which was incorrect.

You said that other than SC (your team), and Arkansas, LSU had the best OOC win, which was incorrect.
I see reading comprehension isn't your strong suit (along with understanding the basketball rules of the game). Yes, I incorrectly pointed out that Ore St was the best OOC win other than those by Arkansas or SC. But my point still sounds. That's an unimpressive win...as is Colorado...as is UMass. It doesn't matter which of these 3 cupcakes is the best team because they are all bad and none of them makes for a compelling argument for an at large bid. Do you understand now, or do you need me to draw pictures.

I said that in another post the teams they have wins against will not get an at-large tournament bid not gonna happen.

I see reading comprehension isn't your strong suit (along with understanding the basketball rules of the game). Yes, I incorrectly pointed out that Ore St was the best OOC win other than those by Arkansas or SC. But my point still sounds. That's an unimpressive win...as is Colorado...as is UMass. It doesn't matter which of these 3 cupcakes is the best team because they are all bad and none of them makes for a compelling argument for an at large bid. Do you understand now, or do you need me to draw pictures.
You, a South Carolina fan, are posting on a Tennessee Lady Vol forum, and you are a rude guest.

Reactions: Jax_Vol

You scared of Lady Vols in NCAA tournament? You should be.

Can't spell Thug without UT.

Bet there are a lot of other things you can't spell

Last edited:
Reactions: Volfaninfl2
We got called for at least a dozen phantom foul calls...I rewatched game and some fouls never happened, but were called and the announcers kept talking about sewing or whatever....

If we touched them it was a foul on us....They knocked the hell out of us several times and no call...Brink was the main bruiser...She was protected when she was needed..

Our pg's have to stop driving into the lane to have their shot knocked out like a volleyball....Kick the damn ball out to a wing shooter waiting for the kick out pass..

Kellie get off your butt and get a damn technical...Your girls were being brutalized and you just sit there again....Inexcusable!

I would never go back to Stanford again...The refs will see to it we lose...

No moral victory, it was just another damn loss.
Like nfl grade they grade refs . Better refs make playoffs . Each round they give best graded refs the playoff games. Pick one of the best crew for superbowl

You, a South Carolina fan, are posting on a Tennessee Lady Vol forum, and you are a rude guest.
I suppose it's pointless trying to explain the tournament selection process to you. You watch basketball, but you don't even understand the basic rules of the game. It's kind of like trying to talk to a tree.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back