Game Thread: SEC Lady Vols v Lady Tigers

Candace Parker NEVER played scared. The ball didn't slip through her fingers, nor did she stumble around or get pushed around. She was a baller who made her teammates better. And she could put the team on her back if need be. A winner..in every sense of the word.

Which Tennessee will we see? the napping one or the clapping one. lol. That's classic.

Does UT just not practice last 10 seconds of a quarter or half? Game after game after game after game after game its like either a game of hot potato, Where's Rennia?, or jack up a shot with 1 or 2 seconds. What gives? I want an explanation. This is postseason as well. The entire bench doesnt need to play. Its maddening watch teams with less talent give us fits. Plus UT hasnt been able to guard the 3 point line in a good decade. Quit going under screens, I mean its common knowledge. Just all around maddening to watch with zero adjustments. Not everything is on Harper, but a good majority is.

Maybe we recruit speed and some shooters and find a “dog” that will get in their players face when they become lazy or make ridiculous turnovers
TN can’t be the only team that has players that lack compassion or speed... “if only” we had this or that has been the excuse for years.

Players come and go and the same issues continue to plague the program.

Reactions: Caz
Guards Guards Guards. We have to recruit some. JH does have a future here. But wow really bad performance.

I said if we lost tonight we'd have to beat ourselves and we're doing a great job of it.

If this is a loss, it was lost in November. Shots are being missed because the casualness was never remedied and exorcised from the players. They don’t know how to dial up an answer.

Streaming vol nation from an airplane w no way to watch . Can someone tell me how Burrell is 1-7 when none of them are 3s?? Is she missing layups ??
Say what you will about KK but she has 9 points . Bless .
Her shots seemed rushed and it my be is she’s plying too hard. KK, has had the fortune of some rebound put backs, but she looks clearly lost out there

Jeezee ya'll. I think we might still pull it out. 2nd qtr was much better, our press was effective for a stretch, we're getting better shots, just still missing them. We'll start hitting a few, they'll cool off, Rennia will get going. Except for that last all too familiar cluster, I thought Horston played pretty well and under control. Obs we need a scoring option when Davis is off.

Reactions: mcannon1
Well, on the bright side if we play just a little better we are back in this one. Bad news is in the next round we wouldn’t be so lucky. TO malaise continues. Go Vols!

TN can’t be the only team that has players that lack compassion or speed... “if only” we had this or that has been the excuse for years.

Players come and go and the same issues continue to plague the program.
I agree. It’s been the same for years.

VN Store

Back