Game Thread Lady Vols vs Stetson

Excellent coach is Kentucky, Geno, etc... getting the best out of a player and not letting a star die in Holly's hand.Star players die flat as soon as they comes to Holly's hand. Kentucky coach can not recruit but always fight with what he has.

Reactions: Scissor Hands
I’m glad Holly sat London and decided to play Collins, it seems like her length at the top of that press really bothered Stetson in the second half. Great comeback by the ladies but the 1st half was rather embarrassing.

The only bright spot IMO was our Achilles hill in previous games, free throws. I’m glad we hit them, otherwise the “Fire Holly” sector of the board would be out loud and proud, cause we would have definitely lost that game.

Collins was the stabilizing factor. The box score doesn't tell the story of this game. Davis was schooled at least three straight times on defense in the first half. Davis has to play with more urgency. Jackson had zero points but at least she played defense in the second half. I thought Rae should have played more than Jaz. Jaz wasn't going to shoot last night no matter how open she was. She has to find her shot and TAKE IT. Zay played hard even though she was a little off. London was a no show. I was surprised at that. Westbrook took this team on her back and willed them to come back. She was the engine in the second half but I still feel Collins was the one that stopped the boat from rocking and steadied it up.

Holly did an excellent halftime adjustment in this game. The Lady Vols outscored Stetson 43-17 in the second half. I believe the first half discrepancy was due to the inexperience of a young team.
ac0c496cae1c3f53705c7f998e022c56.jpg

Reactions: stllvf
I consider it acceptably efficient if a player has at least as many points as shots taken. I'm good with their points per shot.
Well as a group they have taken 183 shots and scored 172 points which is very inefficient. 0.93 less than a point per shot. An efficient player needs at least a 1.2 per shot attempt.
Green 0.89
Burrell 0.96
Collins 1.19
Massengill 0.67

Only Collins is doing a decent performance. Gonna result in some losses if they either fail to become more efficient or stop taking so many shots. They are presently taking 26 shots per game and contributing 24 points.

Davis 1.35
Westbrooks 1.42
Jackson 1.24
C. Green 1.38
KK 1.30
Harris 0.75

I know Zaay Green does a lot of things on the floor like steals and defense that make her valuable but right now her shooting is a detriment as she and the other freshmen especially Massengill pick up their efficiency on offense certainly need less shooting from them when they are on the floor. You have to get the ball to people that can be efficient scorers. That is what we did in the second half of the game result was 43 points scored compared to 22 in the first two quarters.

One game does not have any effect on the next one. The problems in this game were terrible shooting almost unheard of terrible 13 percent from the three. Very poor defense and effort in the first two quarters of the game. Girls wanted a night off win without playing hard Stetson wasn't going to let that happen. In the future team needs to come out focused from the beginning especially on defense. They need to learn to drive the ball more than settle for outside jumpers. 25 of 30 from the free throw line shows they were driving the ball and getting on the offensive boards.

The first half! I was ready to put the next three point “shooter” in the corner! The good thing is they held on and came back...no excuse for the first 2 1/4 quarters, but I believe the teams of the last few years would have folded. So kudos to the freshmen (not taking anything away from E). Kamera gave some important minutes. I love Rennia, but her game last night was inexcusable for one with her athletic talent and mental acuity. Not happy with Meme either, a senior needs to produce more than one half, and her threes in the first half!!!! That said, it is Finals, we have a bunch of freshmen it is all new to, and they were NOT ready to play this game. I mean mentally/emotionally. They can’t go in and expect a “gimme”; teams play their best against the Ladys, have for years. And we are not yet the Ladys of years ago. And LOVED Evina and Mimi last night!

they dug deep and pulled it out...some nights are like that...good for the girls...;)

GO LADY VOLS!

I wonder what Pat Summit would have said if you look her in the eyes and said "some nights are just like that
" when playing a national power like Stetson.

the team was quick shooting (not successfully) against a stationary zone. obviously in the second half the "slow" movement and jogging was to focus on moving the zone and identifying openings. One possession basketball. For those new to the board - zones early in the season have previously had poor results.

Previous games - free throws missed ! I wonder if those who jump on the negatives - carry their life onto the board - or possibly from their feelings about football.

Well as a group they have taken 183 shots and scored 172 points which is very inefficient. 0.93 less than a point per shot. An efficient player needs at least a 1.2 per shot attempt.
Green 0.89
Burrell 0.96
Collins 1.19
Massengill 0.67

Only Collins is doing a decent performance. Gonna result in some losses if they either fail to become more efficient or stop taking so many shots. They are presently taking 26 shots per game and contributing 24 points.

Davis 1.35
Westbrooks 1.42
Jackson 1.24
C. Green 1.38
KK 1.30
Harris 0.75

I know Zaay Green does a lot of things on the floor like steals and defense that make her valuable but right now her shooting is a detriment as she and the other freshmen especially Massengill pick up their efficiency on offense certainly need less shooting from them when they are on the floor. You have to get the ball to people that can be efficient scorers. That is what we did in the second half of the game result was 43 points scored compared to 22 in the first two quarters.

Let`s be real Collins decent because it was Stetson. I`m not being hard on her just laying out the facts wait until we play the better teams.

A taller more powerful post would have completely changed complexion at least in first part of the game. In view of next year Jazmine's past high school team has
a player with great potential to fill the bill. Once awkward she now appears quite agile. Very tall!

Holly did an excellent halftime adjustment in this game. The Lady Vols outscored Stetson 43-17 in the second half. I believe the first half discrepancy was due to the inexperience of a young team.

Are you are you serious forget the adjustments UConn would have beat this team by 60 without any adjustments.

Reactions: flint and WVU05UT09
Let`s be real Collins decent because it was Stetson. I`m not being hard on her just laying out the facts wait until we play the better teams.
She has a 1.19 for the entire season I know she shoots layups for most of her points but for the shots she is taking she has been efficient. She isn't overshooting like the other freshmen without results.

Reactions: ruvol
I’m glad Holly sat London and decided to play Collins, it seems like her length at the top of that press really bothered Stetson in the second half. Great comeback by the ladies but the 1st half was rather embarrassing.

The only bright spot IMO was our Achilles hill in previous games, free throws. I’m glad we hit them, otherwise the “Fire Holly” sector of the board would be out loud and proud, cause we would have definitely lost that game.
With her leading the press we were able to corner them better prevent them from moving the ball up the middle of the floor. You can really trap effectively if you can get the ball moving on the side of the court instead of down the middle that is what we were doing. When they got trapped sometime they would turn it over right there or try to make a pass to the center of the court where one of our players could read it and make the steal. The defense in the second half is what we should've been doing all game.

Holly did not do any excellent adjustment. She's not supposed to be down at home with a division 7 team in the first place, what a shame.

Thank You ! Also because she is a senior MeMe should play 33mins for doing absolutely nothing but turn the ball over. Here is the problem i have with Holly she a coach with a double standard. Jackson has been awful and makes a ton of mistakes. But Holly continue reward her with 30 plus mins a game. Can`t no tell me that Meme level of play is that much better then Zay, Rae and Mass. When i look at the talent on this team and on the other top teams in the country everyone is pretty much on the same level. So to me it all about coaching, Case and point Meme would no be a starter on any of the top 10-15 teams in the country even as a senior.

Kudos to those of you who still watch. I assumed 90% of us had turned this hot garbage off by now.

Thank You ! Also because she is a senior MeMe should play 33mins for doing absolutely nothing but turn the ball over. Here is the problem i have with Holly she a coach with a double standard. Jackson has been awful and makes a ton of mistakes. But Holly continue reward her with 30 plus mins a game. Can`t no tell me that Meme level of play is that much better then Zay, Rae and Mass. When i look at the talent on this team and on the other top teams in the country everyone is pretty much on the same level. So to me it all about coaching, Case and point Meme would no be a starter on any of the top 10-15 teams in the country even as a senior.
Meme's defense also spurred the come back, she would rather throw a bad pass than shoot a layup but at least it took a scoring opportunity from them. No she didn't shoot well and had quite a few to's she still made things happen on defense.

The first half! I was ready to put the next three point “shooter” in the corner! The good thing is they held on and came back...no excuse for the first 2 1/4 quarters, but I believe the teams of the last few years would have folded. So kudos to the freshmen (not taking anything away from E). Kamera gave some important minutes. I love Rennia, but her game last night was inexcusable for one with her athletic talent and mental acuity. Not happy with Meme either, a senior needs to produce more than one half, and her threes in the first half!!!! That said, it is Finals, we have a bunch of freshmen it is all new to, and they were NOT ready to play this game. I mean mentally/emotionally. They can’t go in and expect a “gimme”; teams play their best against the Ladys, have for years. And we are not yet the Ladys of years ago. And LOVED Evina and Mimi last night!

Good summary right there. I was glad to see Evina take the team on her back and for Mimi to step up like that. Not to be confused with Meme, who did nothing except whine at the refs all night...0 points on 0-4 shooting, 5 RB's, 3 assts, 3 TO's in 33 mins, and kept losing her man on defense. And Davis's defense in the man-to-man is pathetic...I don't think she's ever seen a fake she didn't fall for, and the effort doesn't seem to be there. No excuse for that, and I hope CHW gives her a kick in the ***, and a seat on the bench the next time she plays like that.

I have to give the team credit for these comeback wins...recent LV teams would have just folded and slunk off to the locker room. Good to see some gritty play.

Meme's defense also spurred the come back, she would rather throw a bad pass than shoot a layup but at least it took a scoring opportunity from them. No she didn't shoot well and had quite a few to's she still made things happen on defense.

There are a lot of players that can get it done on defense and on offense.

This just in,

Gule has finished his Christmas shopping as of today, grand total of $44 spent. Wifey gonna be so surprised. lol

VN Store

Back