Game Thread Lady Vols vs Stetson

Why schedule a game like this? Sure win? Play some bench players? Warm up scrimmage? I suppose there is a reason.
So far the game is embarrassing, if Holly loses this one, they should fire her butt on the spot. Down 14 to Stetson is awful. Holly is simply clueless.

Reactions: Sportslady
What an embarrassing performance. A 1-6 team with a 16 point lead on our home court. We look terrible on both ends: no defense, no offense, no passing the ball, no discipline.

Reactions: cutiepie5
This could definitely be a loss if we stay in the man to man and keep fouling. If we can't make some outside shots. This one may go in the loss column. The fact that we can never attack a zone no matter how many we play against just continues.

I don't even care if we come back and win by 50. Holly should be gone as soon as that clock hits 0. Heck maybe at HT

And for those that will say I'm overreacting or a hater, I was a Holly "backer" until last year.

Down by 16, and holding for the last shot. Really?

Lady Vol Defense = Stetson Offense

Fouls and turnovers!

Notoriously awful!

Our best defense is the zone extending on the three point shooter and we never play it. Our player getting beat off the dribble in the man to man and we let them get off by giving the girl that is a superb 3 point shooter open looks. Not easy to come back from sixteen down we better get a lot of it back in the third quarter.

They are a good 1 and 6 team lost a couple games by one and three lost to Bama by 12. The fact is we should still have a double digit lead on them and should've been able to win by at least 25. Just winning now will be difficult.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
Guys calm down fan, I said it that the lady Vols season starts on the 9th and because Holly likes to schedule bunch of division 3 teams, and one is about to expose her.

I think holly likes the idea of being the lady vols head coach more than she actually likes being the head coach.

Reactions: sisaq
Our best defense is the zone extending on the three point shooter and we never play it. Our player getting beat off the dribble in the man to man and we let them get off by giving the girl that is a superb 3 point shooter open looks. Not easy to come back from sixteen down we better get a lot of it back in the third quarter.
I agree that we play better in zone, but that's just sad. We should have the effort and discipline from our FIVE and FOUR star athletes to play man to man well against a 1-6 STETSON team. Just sad, sad, sad. There should be no Holly supporters after watching that half.

I don't mind having these type of games. The problem is not the opponent, it is coaching.

Guys calm down fan, I said it that the lady Vols season starts on the 9th and because Holly likes to schedule bunch of division 3 teams, and one is about to expose her.

Holly has already been exposed for a few years. Some are just too optimistic to believe the telling evidence.

Our offense right now is pass from side to side and the post show at the key. We're still struggling to hit point blank shots.

We've never been any good in the man to man since Holly became coach. Player always going for steals and fakes and giving up easy layups or just getting beat off the dribble. Somebody better get hot from the three for us or this will be a loss they hare jamming it in and were not moving the ball fast enough to get a decent shot.

Reactions: Undercovervol

VN Store

Back