Game Thread: Lady Vols Vs Florida; Thursday 6:30 PM @ TBA; SEC+ LVs 74-56 win

Coach Jumper

I can be there tomorrow
Rickea blue.jpg
black lady vol B-ball.jpg
V
Florida.png

The Lady VOls played the Gatorettes December 29th, winning 77-67

Rickea Jackson had her season-high 28 points and pulled down a game-high nine rebounds. Jackson finished 10 of 13 from the field and eight of nine from the free-throw line, tallying 15 of her points in the second half on 5-of-5 shooting from the field and 5-of-6 accuracy at the charity stripe.

Florida had four players in double figures, led by 21 points from Alberte Rimdal. KK Deans added 16, while Nina Rickards and Ra Shaya Kyle tossed in 11 each.

Despite missing all but five minutes of the first half due to foul trouble, Horston finished the contest as Tennessee's second-highest scorer with 15 points. She has landed in double figures in every contest she's played this season with the exception of the UMass game on Nov. 10 when she exited in the first half due to injury.

The Lady Vols out-rebounded the Gators 45-27, resulting in 16 second-chance points. Tennessee has now won the rebounding battle in 11 of 15 games this season, including nine of the past 10.

Coach Jumper's prediction 90-71

@Coach Jumper 90-71
@VolBalls33 80-69
@Vols2015 75-60
@Volfan2012 83-62
@37620VOL 78-65
HHS 81-63
@Ladyvol777 76-66
@dillyo51 74-67
@glv98 80-62
@chuckiepoo 77-62
@J-Dog 1313 82-62
@Orange Maniac 74-62
@dillyo51 74-67
@Jax_Vol 77-69
@Amb3096 77-68
@BruisedOrange 63-57
@87&91ALUM 85-75
@xtpsrh08123 79-62

Final score: 74-56

Last edited:
If Horston ever breaks out of her slump and everyone else keeps up how they are playing now it could get ugly for Florida. We had Georgia by 23 at one time. Went the other way with them.
Don't know if "ever" is fair, it's been two off games for JH. She was awesome at Vandy a little over a week ago. But definitely she needs a bounce back game. I believe their leading scorer is back for tonight's game, JH could start by lock down defending her.
LVs 80 - 62

Don't know if "ever" is fair, it's been two off games for JH. She was awesome at Vandy a little over a week ago. But definitely she needs a bounce back game. I believe their leading scorer is back for tonight's game, JH could start by lock down defending her.
LVs 80 - 62
Was about her shooting not her whole game She had a bad shooting game at Vandy. She does plenty for us without scoring with efficiency. When she scores with efficiency and everyone else keeps doing what they are doing. We will beat teams like Florida by 30.

Was about her shooting not her whole game She had a bad shooting game at Vandy. She does plenty for us without scoring with efficiency. When she scores with efficiency and everyone else keeps doing what they are doing. We will beat teams like Florida by 30.
JH also got bitten by her old nemisis the t.o. bug the last couple of games, and foul trouble. She's been visably frustrated which is not a good sign from her. I agree, I just need her to relax and do the many things she does well and everything else will fall into place.

Last edited:
JH also got bitten by her old nemisis the t.o. bug the last couple of games, and foul trouble. She's been visably frustrated which is not a good sign from her. I agree, I just need her to relax and do the many things she does well and everything else will fall into place.
Get lost in defense, protect the ball…the rest will come. -Barnes

Reactions: Volfan2012
A question for any stat-heads:

Are there any season-long trends (for better or worse) evident for this LV team, or for individual players?

Her Hoop Stats - Lots of statistical analysis, if you are into that - $5/mo or $50/yr for the basic package, much higher if you want to use it for gambling purposes. Has a free 2-week trial offer. Has WNBA stuff too. I got the basic package and will cancel it after the NCAA tournament, which will be a total cost to me of about $15.

A question for any stat-heads:

Are there any season-long trends (for better or worse) evident for this LV team, or for individual players?

Darby always makes multiples when she shoots at least 7 threes in a game.
Since the start of SEC play, Walker is trending up. Powell is trending down.

Also, based solely on Player Efficiency Rating, several of our players have improved remarkably this year over last year:
(credit: herhoopstats)
1674076132353.png

Walker has averaged about 14 PER since SEC play started but Powell has been below 10 during the same timeframe.
Pretty good development, but we need it to show up on the scoreboard going forward.

Last edited:
Darby always makes multiples when she shoots at least 7 threes in a game.
Since the start of SEC play, Walker is trending up. Powell is trending down.

Also, based solely on Player Efficiency Rating, several of our players have improved remarkably this year over last year:
(credit: herhoopstats)
View attachment 531758

Walker has averaged about 14 PER since SEC play started but Powell has been below 10 during the same timeframe.
Pretty good development, but we need it to show up on the scoreboard going forward.
A BIG thank you, 37620VOL! (Bristol?) Maybe I miss them, but there don't seem to be as many stats bandied around in the LV forum as we see in the men's. Seems fans of female sports tend to be more personality and relationship oriented.

Maybe there should be a running thread in the LV Forum devoted to just stats and their updates, for us thing-oriented male types.
(But don't title the thread "For Lady Vol fans who love to look at figures...")

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back