Game Thread: Lady Vols vs. (13/13) Arkansas

When was the last time we heard announcers praising our team for execution, patience, and discipline?

I have to admit that I watched the last three quarters with a smile on my face. And actually got misty-eyed a few times. Watching them move efficiently on offense was a joy to see.

So dang proud of our ladies tonight!!! As Rennia says, "Good dub."

Re: Marta and Tamari. I'm sure that they're more disappointed than anyone when their game is off. But they have great potential, and I think how Rae has developed from a high-energy wild child into a confident, dependable star. Pulling hard for all our players all the way down the bench to blossom into solid contributors.

When was the last time we heard announcers praising our team for executing, patience, and discipline?

I have to admit that I watched the last three quarters with a smile on my face. And actually got misty-eyed a few times. Watching them move efficiently on offense was a joy to see.

Re: Marta and Tamari. I'm sure that they're more disappointed than anyone when their game is off. But they have great potential, and I think how Rae has developed from a high-energy wild child into a confident, dependable star. Pulling hard for all our players all the way down the bench to blossom into solid contributors.
The LadyVols are playing hard and i'm proud of them.

Hope someone posts the locker room celebration.
Me too, I loved the one from Indiana. Loved the way KJH did a little shimmy dance when she walked in and the kids went wild. Bet she absolutely moon walked on air into the room tonight. Everyone slapping heads around, which seems to be a thing with this team.

When was the last time we heard announcers praising our team for execution, patience, and discipline?

It's about time to go and watch the replay tomorrow ...... if it's been posted to watch. Good Times ya'll.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Hope some recruits tuned in to this one and stayed for the whole game. They'd have to be impressed with the game plan and preparation.

Doesn't hurt that the girls looked like they were having fun.

Hope someone posts the locker room celebration.
they did and its GREAT....Jordan said towels are overrated and nearly took Kasi out

Winning top teams, they suppose to jump up because teams are dealing with Covid and to pull up rank teams when they didn't respect them to rank u is the point they're making. I seen lots of teams that are not suppose to be on 25 rank.

Reactions: creekdipper
You can't quick shoot in a game like this and you have to get them in a half court game. If you try to run with them you will get burned badly. I think over 20 second possessions and hopefully some second chance points on offensive rebounds is the way the game needs to go for us. I would like to see our defense work them hard in their half court offense and a matchup zone that pressures them and makes them have to drive to the basket. Key just needs to get in front with her hands up when we get beat on drives. Less than 10 threes for them and very limited trips to the line will give us a great chance to win.

Solid prediction for the most part. Key wasn’t a factor, but KK was dominant. Good to see a solid inside presence offensively for a change. Rae and Davis were unreal and if they play like that on consistent basis, we will be a top 10 team before long. Only neg was Marta’s performance. Don’t know if she got exposed, had a bad game, or both.

Love to see them doing the Darth Shuffle. ;)

(Really, Darth is a true fan who will become a big Kellie supporter in time).

Best part of the dancing was seeing that Rae is moving just fine. As others have said (I didn't hear post-game remarks), likely just leg cramps.

In the last three quarters the Lady Vols showed Kellie what they’re capable of — playing consistently well on both ends — and so now there’ll be no excuse she’ll accept for them to not come with that effort and confidence EVERY game. :eek:

I sure wish we were playing another ranked team on Sunday to ride this wave.

Solid prediction for the most part. Key wasn’t a factor, but KK was dominant. Good to see a solid inside presence offensively for a change. Rae and Davis were unreal and if they play like that on consistent basis, we will be a top 10 team before long. Only neg was Marta’s performance. Don’t know if she got exposed, had a bad game, or both.

Marta will pay dividends against big-guards, not against tiny speed-guards.
This was not the type of team she would excel against
But, when we play a team with a 6' 175 lb big-guard, you will see why Coach K chose this kid

For sure. It's the magical part of coaching. Almost anyone with any coaching chops can come up with the x and o's but making the team implement them consistently is IMO the hardest part of coaching. It's what Geno does so well. It's what Holly could never do (along with player development). It's what KJH has been only sporadically able to do. May tonight be her great awakening.

Haha you just couldn’t do it could you 😂 you are consistent

Correct. They took it for granted that she would play for UT and did not recruit her as heavily as they recruited some other out-of-state players. This irritated Rhyne a lot.

Wasn’t it Rhyne who said her mom played in the SEC and couldn’t stand UT? Growing up her mom pretty much bad mouthed them was the feeling i got 😂

Reactions: ChattyVolfan
In the last three quarters the Lady Vols showed Kellie what they’re capable of — playing consistently well on both ends — and so now there’ll be no excuse she’ll accept for them to not come with that effort and confidence EVERY game. :eek:

I sure wish we were playing another ranked team on Sunday to ride this wave.

Playing LSU can be a good challenge too. See if they continue to play within themselves and not play down to the competition.

Marta will pay dividends against big-guards, not against tiny speed-guards.
This was not the type of team she would excel against
But, when we play a team with a 6' 175 lb big-guard, you will see why Coach K chose this kid

Would like to see her play the 5 a little. I believe her best attribute right now is rebounding and she could get 4-6 quick points around the rim at certain times. Also could stretch a defense if from the 5 position she steps out to the 3 pt line.

VN Store

Back