Game Thread: Lady Vols vs. (13/13) Arkansas

Thats why I like the 3-1-1 halfcourt trap
3 set the trap once the ball passes midcourt (so they can't throw the ball backwards)...one at the top of the key and one in the paint

You just have to be patient and let them cross midcourt before you attack

Arkansas as a team rarely turns the ball over. They kept the TOs to a minimum against both Baylor and UK. Whatever Kellie draws up for a defensive scheme is hopefully one that she's planned specifically for Arkansas.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Arkansas as a team rarely turns the ball over. They kept the TOs to a minimum against both Baylor and UK. Whatever Kellie draws up for a defensive scheme is hopefully one that she's planned specifically for Arkansas.

Mike neighbors would rather see a shot from 3/4 court for absolutely no reason than a turnover lol. They get the ball up quick.

There is no reason that Darby or Rennie should see playing time in this game, unless there's foul trouble for Walker, Horston, Burrell, Davis and probably Salary. They would get abused on the defensive end, and I don't think they would be able to exploit Arkansas on offense.

Arkansas' advantage is that they have 4 great ball handlers that can bring the ball down. Pressing will probably lead to a lot of 3 point shots or interior drives. I agree that Tennessee's frontcourt should be able to control the boards vs. Thomas or Barnum inside pretty easily.
I still think Darby is going to be a player for us .

Arkansas 78
Tennessee 72

if we can cut down on the turnovers and have a good Offensive game in the post the results may be different.

One positive for us is that Arkansas doesn’t generally try to force you into too many turnovers. They like to bait teams into quick shooting the ball so they can collect long rebounds and get out in transition. Their defense at times is almost non-existent. So unless our decision making is incredibly poor (always possible) I don’t think we’ll have too many turnovers today.

One positive for us is that Arkansas doesn’t generally try to force you into too many turnovers. They like to bait teams into quick shooting the ball so they can collect long rebounds and get out in transition. Their defense at times is almost non-existent. So unless our decision making is incredibly poor (always possible) I don’t think we’ll have too many turnovers today.

Maryland punished Ark by making shots that the defense allowed ...especially from deep. Tennessee has to make their open shots in order to win.

I hope Kellie doesn't go with KK and Key together down low....Together they make way too many turnovers.....Our success to winning, does not rest in their hands, but they can be the author to losing.

In any event, good to be playing again...
125410_g-1_25125091_ver1.0-1.jpg

I hope Kellie doesn't go with KK and Key together down low....Together they make way too many turnovers.....Our success to winning, does not rest in their hands, but they can be the author to losing.

In any event, good to be playing again...
125410_g-1_25125091_ver1.0-1.jpg

Since when have you become judge and jury. ?

Reactions: tn4everlvfl
A little harsh, no ?
He was just expressing an opinion.

Yes he is entitled his opinion and so is everyone else ? I go after players but not like he do. I just think he needs to tone it down a little that`s all. It` s not what you say it`s how you say it. And if i came off a little to harsh i apologize.

Yeah the Big Line up wouldn't be ideal tonight versus a quick team like Arkansas. You see how they obliterated Baylor driving to the paint all night !

Agreed. I think Baylor would have faired a bit better if Richards were 100%. That was only her second game back and I was shocked she played 30 minutes that night. She definitely wasn’t as quick defensively as she had been in the past.

I think our interior defense is a bit better than Baylor’s this season, so far. Cox was an excellent defender so they lost a lot there with her graduation.

Don’t think Arkansas will get as much off the dribble against us. That is Indiana’s MO and we completely took that away. I’m far more concerned about getting lit up from 3. We can’t trade 2s for 3s today and expect to come away with a victory.

I would like for someone to take a charge or two from Arkansas’s driving guards. Marta would probably be willing.

VN Store

Back