Game Thread: Lady Vols v UCONN; Thurs. 8PM; on ESPN

this is who UConn is, similar to what the Lady Vols once were. while we don't want to admit it, much of it has to do with coaching. we can't expect Coach Harper to be PS or Geno, but she can definitely learn from both, what makes great teams. the conditioning of UConn vs the Lady Vols was evident. great teams play every possession as if it were the last. many will argue that PS was too hard on players and that Geno is as well, but PS got the top recruits because they were willing to accept a coach being tough to help them to take their game to the next level. i don't think Coach Harper has that toughness. Dawn Staley came into the SEC and started scooping up all the 5star recruits, and not LSU is starting to do the same. common trait that they all (Pat, Geno, Dawn, Kim) possess - toughness, and those who play for them carry it to the floor.
i was hoping someone would tie-up Muhl given how she was pushing the Lady Vols off.

Hate losses, hate losses with off the wall bad officiating even worse. No doubt their ladies deserved a win, by running plays and hitting a ton of big shots, but sure would like to see a game of this magnitude have better guys and gals in the striped unis. Not sure what the distribution of bad calls was, but the no calls were way in favor of Uconn.

Kellie, bless her heart, cannot coach at the elite level. Watch what happens when UConn plays SC. LSU is going to destroy the Lady Vols.

LSU has the 301st ranked non conference schedule in the nation. They’ve stacked their 20-0 record with cupcake wins over Texas am community college. Our record would be 17-3 at worst with their schedule.

Other than Rickea our portal additions under Kellie have ranged from ok to awful. She has to get off her ass and get some real high school talent in here or she’s done. And more than just one great player that we have to wait 4 years for.
I think Franklin and Hollingshead provided great sparks off the bench tonight. Both were active on rebounding, Franklin brough defense and Hollingshead brought needed offense to offset the attention of Jackson and Horston.

Hate that the game ended that way (and hate all of those horrible charge calls that disrupted the game, in both directions). Horston did everything she could. She looked elite out there and like a player who's ready to have a serious impact in the WNBA. Really impressed with Hollingshead, too, and hope this is just the first of many big games for her this year.

Everyone talking about how this game is an embarrassment can grow up or just stop posting here and watching the games. Have you all watched any of the other top 25 teams this season? There are a lot of teams in the top 25 I see and think, well that's not a top 25 team. I still think we look like a Sweet 16 team (especially if we get a good matchup in the bracket), and if we keep improving as we have since December, who knows.

I'm still excited to see what we do at LSU on Monday, but I think the games at Mississippi State and Arkansas are more important for tournament seeding.

This team/coach may tell us what kind of Patience AD White has for his goal of every sport competing for championships.

Don’t see it happening anytime soon. Tonight showed us a real offense and it wasn’t wearing orange and a weak defensive performance failing to cover the cuts and 3s.

Wonder how White sees it?

In the age of the transfer portal, that’s never true.

But we do need to force some of our duds into the portal themselves
But you have to replace warm bodies. Who do we have onboarding? Any transfers? I don't think freshmen are going to be the answer.

Reactions: Voluble2
I think Franklin and Hollingshead provided great sparks off the bench tonight. Both were active on rebounding, Franklin brough defense and Hollingshead brought needed offense to offset the attention of Jackson and Horston.
Don't guess I know who Franklin is.

This was low key embarrasing reason being these people played basically 5 people all game long and we are the ones huffing and puffing looking lethargic, slow, and unathletic....this is why i couldnt be in coaching i would lose my mind in that locker room after this game....jus pathetic if theyre better than us fine but this was taking yo womanhood being tougher than you...Senechal i guess we have nobody on this roster that can guard her huh ok im done lol

I am so proud of this team. I know they lost but the effort. When a team hits such a high percent of their shots it's very hard to win. As always go Lady Vol's.
I love your take. We just need to be able to get some of these key wins again

ESPN has always been in UConn corner... Based there in same state. Didn't UConn take recruits to ESPN headquarters and it was a violation but nothing ever happened?
Facts available on request…about everything you raise. Would think any 20,000 posts person won’t have any trouble gathering the facts. Have fun.

Tough loss great crowd difference is guard play Walker and Darby were no match for there 2. Edward's wow really good at 5 position. Love the fight go back to practice get better. Go Lady Vols. In CHRIST Alone
We lost by 17 at home to their B team and we’ve got people claiming a moral victory. Jeez this program has cratered.

VN Store

Back