Game Thread: Lady Vols v UCONN; Thurs. 8PM; on ESPN

It has to be said: This program is fairly desperate for a signature win.

We have't been to a Final Four in, what, 15 years. We just had a recruiting season in which we signed....NO ONE. We need to win some big games--and THIS YEAR. We will almost certainly lose both Jackson and Horston after this season, and fans can mull what that mean for next year's team. The time is now.

It has to be said: This program is fairly desperate for a signature win.

We have't been to a Final Four in, what, 15 years. We just had a recruiting season in which we signed....NO ONE. We need to win some big games--and THIS YEAR. We will almost certainly lose both Jackson and Horston after this season, and fans can mull what that mean for next year's team. The time is now.

this is fact

Lobo is fine, IMO. I've heard her analyze many games, including a number of Tennessee games.
As UConn gets little national coverage during the course of the year, she does fine doing SEC and other top games. But just pay attention tomorrow. She is definitely talented but there is history there. I’ve noted Andraya bend over backwards to flesh out opposing teams talents during broadcasts and during post game analysis. I’m definitely willing to observe with an open mind. Will have Brian’s audio on standby for sure.

Reactions: LadyVol1908
UConn 72 Tenn 61. Jackson and Horston will get their points, but won't get enough support from the rest of the team. UConn's inside players and balanced scoring will be the difference here.
Unfortunate score for Lady Vols, but true realistically. Could be UConn 82-60 if Horston cannot play.

After Horston and Jackson, where are 40 points coming from?
I believe Rickea and Jordan H will both come up big, scoring 45 points between them. Sara will score 15 and Tess will score 12. Jordan W, Jasmine P, and Jasmine F will score at least 8 points between them. GBO.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Abby Solutely!
I believe her name was Abby,,,
mqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Frederick (observing large door ornaments in awe): "What knockers!"

Inga (blushing): "Zank you, Doctor."

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
I have my tickets and will be heading down to Knoxville from Ohio in the morning.. haven’t been to a Tennessee /UConn game since 2006 when I took my high school girls basketball team to Thompson Boling Arena to a sold out loud and rowdy crowd .. Lady Vols won that one !I think UConn was ranked #1and Lady Vols were ranked #2.. Truly one of the best experiences of my life in sports as well as for those young players of mine.. that environment during the whole game was as good as it gets for any collegiate basketball game ! 😎🏀🧡Excited to be a part of this one as well! Go Lady Vols ! 🏀

I have my tickets and will be heading down to Knoxville from Ohio in the morning.. haven’t been to a Tennessee /UConn game since 2006 when I took my high school girls basketball team to Thompson Boling Arena to a sold out loud and rowdy crowd .. Lady Vols won that one !I think UConn was ranked #1and Lady Vols were ranked #2.. Truly one of the best experiences of my life in sports as well as for those young players of mine.. that environment during the whole game was as good as it gets for any collegiate basketball game ! 😎🏀🧡Excited to be a part of this one as well! Go Lady Vols ! 🏀
Wishing you a perfect day for the drive

After Horston and Jackson, where are 40 points coming from?

Sarah P- 10
Tess- 9
Jojo- 6
Karo- 5
Powell- 5
Franklin - 4
Hollingshead- 3

There's 42 points right there which looks feasible so we are asking essentially 12 from the post position and only 11 from the PG spot. the wings and forwards will most likely do the damage in this game. If Jordan plays it'll give Sara and tess more time to get shots off they just gotta be confident and hit them. Franklin is going to work and if she stays out of foul trouble can provide good energy in the post and kick outs for open shots. I have a feeling we will see the others step up because of the attention Rickea will attract. This is probably the biggest game she has played in yet as far as this type of coverage ...

VN Store

Back