Game Thread: Lady Vols v TAMU; Thurs Jan 12 @ 9PM on SECN tv LV's 62-50

Gotta feelin'.....I think we will see the reemergence of Sara "Buckets" in this game
Sure hope so. Kelly talked about Sara in the video linked on the news thread. Said she's sometimes too hard on herself but sometimes needs a kick in the butt. Interestingly to me, KJH said what Sara needs is to be on the floor with RJ. Said she meant to play them together more at Vandy but RJ mins got dictated by foul trouble. Didn't specify why, but the obvious is RJ on the floor makes it easier for everyone on offense.

I could have sworn it was JH and RJ that needed mins together, that's why I'm not coach. Whatever, we need Sara to get fixed, like tonight. Not only for this year, but Sara is going to be vital next season. Need her trajectory this season to be up.
Battered Vol Syndrome. Building unrealistic expectations prior to an inevitable fall.
You mean like exactly what happened to us this preseason?

75-54 LVs

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
Sure hope so. Kelly talked about Sara in the video linked on the news thread. Said she's sometimes too hard on herself but sometimes needs a kick in the butt. Interestingly to me, KJH said what Sara needs is to be on the floor with RJ. Said she meant to play them together more at Vandy but RJ mins got dictated by foul trouble. Didn't specify why, but the obvious is RJ on the floor makes it easier for everyone on offense.

I could have sworn it was JH and RJ that needed mins together, that's why I'm not coach. Whatever, we need Sara to get fixed, like tonight. Not only for this year, but Sara is going to be vital next season. Need her trajectory this season to be up.

75-54 LVs

Hey @sisaq ;o)

Last edited:

75-54 LVs

I've heard CKH looks at a lot of analytics with her line ups. I'm guessing there is something there with RJ + SP together.

View attachment 530490
View attachment 530494

v
Texas_AM_2022.png

College Station, TX
Jan 12 (Thu)
9:00 P.M. ET
SECN-tv

TAMU 5-9 overall 0-4 Conference
Lost 8 of last 9 games
Lost last game to Ole Miss 57-38
Last game recap:
Playing with just seven players available for the fourth time this season, the Aggies once again got the job done on the defensive end but were unable to convert on the offensive opportunities. The Maroon & White held Ole Miss 16 points below its season scoring average. For the 2022-23 campaign, Texas A&M has held every opponent under their average scoring output. The Aggies limited the Rebels to 35.1% (20-of-57) shooting from the field, their second-lowest percentage of the season.

The Aggies are in last place in the SEC
Not a whole lot I can add to this, except Vanderbilt is 0-4 in the SEC as well and look at the game they gave us.

That said, we cannot overlook them Thursday,,,in a season like they're having a win (or even a close loss) against a team like the Lady Vols, would be among their season highlights...

That said, I don't think we will blow them completely out of the water bc we will most probably play with a deep bench for a good portion of the game

Predictions
Lady Vols 99, TAMU 55
Sara "Buckets" will reemerge
we mat break the century mark tonight

FmH2IPmXgAAhuUK

Karo has her 'War Face' on.
OIP.XyUPLF4wdkk03Pnh6cf-TwHaHa

Why is she wearing # 15?

As far as NET Rankings, RPI, and SOS this is the worst game we have left on the schedule. Almost totally a must win game and even then look for your ranking in both NET and RPI to drop as well as your SOS. You would have to win the game by 40 points to keep the same NET Ranking we have now. I don't think the RPI deals much with amount you win by. Our SOS probably goes down from three to five as were playing a nine loss team with only five wins. Hopefully we can get this in the win column and back to better schedule. At least playing at their place makes them a Q3 team if we win. Losing a game like this would set us way back and eliminate all the ground we've gained.

Gotta feelin'.....I think we will see the reemergence of Sara "Buckets" in this game

I think we might see the emergence of………….Eddie Darby.
I think we will have a 25 point lead at the end of the 3rd quarter but I won’t predict the final except to say we win.

75-54 LVs

Sara needs to grab the brass ring. She would have splitting time with Marta and now she can make it all her own. She has had some bright moments this season but too often she looks lost on the court. Hopefully, a more consistent line-up will help her find her niche.

Honestly I just hope to win. I used to hope for blowout wins in games like this, but it doesn’t seem to be in this team.
I am with you all the way.This game is on the road at 9PM EST and A&M is apparently down to 7 players but this game will probably be way closer than mny are predicting .....i just hope for a win.

View attachment 530490
View attachment 530494

v
Texas_AM_2022.png

College Station, TX
Jan 12 (Thu)
9:00 P.M. ET
SECN-tv

TAMU 5-9 overall 0-4 Conference
Lost 8 of last 9 games
Lost last game to Ole Miss 57-38
Last game recap:
Playing with just seven players available for the fourth time this season, the Aggies once again got the job done on the defensive end but were unable to convert on the offensive opportunities. The Maroon & White held Ole Miss 16 points below its season scoring average. For the 2022-23 campaign, Texas A&M has held every opponent under their average scoring output. The Aggies limited the Rebels to 35.1% (20-of-57) shooting from the field, their second-lowest percentage of the season.

The Aggies are in last place in the SEC
Not a whole lot I can add to this, except Vanderbilt is 0-4 in the SEC as well and look at the game they gave us.

That said, we cannot overlook them Thursday,,,in a season like they're having a win (or even a close loss) against a team like the Lady Vols, would be among their season highlights...

That said, I don't think we will blow them completely out of the water bc we will most probably play with a deep bench for a good portion of the game

Predictions
Lady Vols 99, TAMU 55
Sara "Buckets" will reemerge
we mat break the century mark tonight

FmH2IPmXgAAhuUK
Thx CJ, not sure I’d go with 99 points versus that defense but understand the excitement for your LV team that has turned the corner…gl tonight LV fans. I’ll guess a 76-45 LV victory ✌️, Horston and Jackson are the dynamic duo. Good game for Justine to make a mark tonight also..

Last edited:
Thx CJ, not sure I’d go with 99 points versus that defense but understand the excitement for your LV team that has turned the corner…gl tonight LV fans. I’ll guess a 76-45 LV victory ✌️, Horston and Jackson are the dynamic duo. Good game for Justine to make a mark tonight also..
I was going to go this high initially, but often the OP sets the guideline for the predictions
It will be interesting to see if I am on par as I have been very close the last two games
and also if it affects predictions after this one

VN Store

Back