Game Thread Lady Vols at Virginia Tech

Tennessee got lucky to get that lead. Hokies were missing a lot of shots that 2nd quarter.

For the life of me I don't get the Lady Vols lackadaisical attitude. Smiles, giggling, plotting, turning the ball over.

You're right, amd vt has missed a bunch of open look threes, which is weird because the trend in almost every game is that tennessee gets scorched by either one loan player or the team has multiple players who light them up from the perimeter.

I really think your last point comes down to discipline, or lack thereof. I wonder how much better this team would look like with an assistant coach who has a more drill instructor like attitude approach..

Reactions: 1 person
10 turnovers and I don't think over one was forced. We are a sloppy basketball team and some of the players looks stiff and slow footed.

Reynolds has only led the team in assists the last two years.

Which is an indication of how bad Tennessee's passing is. What does she average, around 2.5-3 assists per game? Baylor's PG last year amassed more assists in one season than Reynolds did over three years.

I just threw my hands up in the air.

Hokies with the lead.

Timeout.

For sure.

nared needs to quit *****ing about not getting the foul call and move her arse!

Nared misses an unguarded layup, gets blocked on the putback by a midget, and then VT with an and-1 opportunity at the other end...

Where is the desire/will to win?

Nared misses a point blank layup and gets her own rebound only to have it taken out of her hand and instead of her sprinting down the court to make a play (like Diamond did a few plays before) she jogs down barely making it past half court.

That says it all, Va Tech has the swagger that they wont be beat and UT is just going with the flow

We've actually lost the ball more times than that turnover count would indicate. DD was just stripped twice and that's not in the totals. And an airball from 3' from the basket ought to be a TO as well.

You're right, amd vt has missed a bunch of open look threes, which is weird because the trend in almost every game is that tennessee gets scorched by either one loan player or the team has multiple players who light them up from the perimeter.

I really think your last point comes down to discipline, or lack thereof. I wonder how much better this team would look like with an assistant coach who has a more drill instructor like attitude approach..

Uh huh

Smh! some of these turnovers just makes you change your head, at times the VA Tech players just take it right out of their hands.

This is going to be the worst Lady Vol team ever. They can't guard anybody don't know why holly is letting Middleton guard number 12 she is getting killed.

Reactions: 2 people
Can someone explain to me why we are ranked in the Top 25? I don't get it.

Hokies go on a 7 point run. Time out Tennessee

CHW will have an answer and get the Lady Vols back on track to take the lead entering the 4th quarter.

I am being serious.

That little PG for VT has really good court awareness. That one play a few minutes ago, you could see in her body language that she fully intended to pick off Jackson's pass, and she made good on that. She always seems to be aware of where her teammates are to set thrm up with easy shots.

Hart needs to meet the team plane with a firing notice for Holly and leave her t the airport.

Reactions: 3 people
Mercedes was wide open right there but they don't trust her hands enough to lob it to her... (or their own passing skills) smh

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back