Game Thread Lady Vols at the JUNKANOO JAM

Do you really believe that game was a fluke? I guess the past several years have just been a crazy long streak of fluke game after fluke game.

I don’t think this was a fluke game turnovers have been an issue and so have free throws. But unlike years prior where we would have had an upwards of 20+ turnovers this team adjusted and only had 6 in the second half.

Also, while this team may not have started off with a bang their body language doesn’t change and their heads don’t hang like prior teams that would have folded. That is when we would have been talking about a terrible loss instead of an ugly win.

Reactions: Pat4life and ruvol
Warlick may start with a W, but it continues with is an a not double o's

What worked for him, will not automatically work for her

My thoughts exactly those two names have no place in the same sentence. At least not until Holly has won 10 national championships. Then not calling a necessary timeout can be called a “mind game” for now it’s just mind boggling.

Do you really believe that game was a fluke? I guess the past several years have just been a crazy long streak of fluke game after fluke game.
I have my doubts, however, I am trying to look at the glass as being half full. I simply do not believe that Holly is the answer. I keep hoping she proves me wrong, however, each year I end up a doubting Thomas. If Holly is fired, or quits, I cannot think of a single top 10 team that would knock on her door if their coach retired or went to the WNBA.

Reactions: Momto2
I have my doubts, however, I am trying to look at the glass as being half full. I simply do not believe that Holly is the answer. I keep hoping she proves me wrong, however, each year I end up a doubting Thomas. If Holly is fired, or quits, I cannot think of a single top 10 team that would knock on her door if their coach retired or went to the WNBA.

Say the truth!

LOVE THIS lol
Holly could lose 12 straight games, by 50 points, and some posters would still believe she is a good coach. They refuse to accept reality when it is in front of their face. There has been several teams which have been builted up with far less talent than what Holly has had at her disposal. In seven years Holly has had a boat load of McDonald All American players to work with, however, they seem to hit a stone wall and fall short of expectations. I, for one, believe it is unfair to compare her to Pat Summitt, however, I expect her to coach her existing talent up to their potential. We have had three good recruiting years now is the time to play like it.

This team gives effort and anyone who watches them play would know that. Maybe you should reduce your paw-pawing and tune in. Also, I think you will be happier if you are a South Carolina fan so feel free to move on over to chicken land. I hope you have a ball.

Dead. ,o_O

Cooper not the answer for SC shooting 42 percent and 26 percent from the three. She likes to shoot so her average is 17 a game most players could average that much if they take 20 or more shots per game. Their team is a mess far worse than where we are right now. They certainly can improve but so will we.

Cooper has to take those shots, it's built in their offense. If she don't score who will she's surrounded by young and poor playing guards. Cooper is a baller. I wish Davis hunt shots like Cooper. She taking as many shot attempts as Arike, Durr, etc ijs

It will come down to guard play, right now USc is saying we have a stud at our league guard spot, the others guards on the team have to match her level of play.

I saw it, USC guard play hasn't been good for two years, the same as ours...only difference they had Aja.

Davis, step it up young lady.

Last edited:
Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
Holly could lose 12 straight games, by 50 points, and some posters would still believe she is a good coach. They refuse to accept reality when it is in front of their face. There has been several teams which have been builted up with far less talent than what Holly has had at her disposal. In seven years Holly has had a boat load of McDonald All American players to work with, however, they seem to hit a stone wall and fall short of expectations. I, for one, believe it is unfair to compare her to Pat Summitt, however, I expect her to coach her existing talent up to their potential. We have had three good recruiting years now is the time to play like it.

No that coach would suck.

Like all recruits are great recruits Baylor, Texas, Stanford, Maryland, Ohio State, Duke they all are getting Top recruits Wuteva.

I like this group of young ladies, and no matter what Holly does she will never be a good coach to some of you.

Really, why would Holly leave the most recognizable brand in women basketball. Holly would get a job easily, her success would be acceptable at any program, except at UT. Wuteva.

I back Pat and roll with Holly.

Last edited:
Wooden used to have a battle of wills with the opposing coach by not being the one to call the 1st time out. He was considered the best if not the best.

A lot coach empowering their players to figure it out, especially a young team.

Mike at Duke, Roy at UNC. Aye but they can't coach either...

Cooper has to take those shots, it's built in their offense. If she don't score who will she's surrounded by young and poor playing guards. Cooper is a baller. I wish Davis hunt shots like Cooper. She taking as many shot attempts as Arike, Durr, etc ijs

It will come down to guard play, right now USc is saying we have a stud at our league guard spot, the others guards on the team have to match her level of play.

I saw, their guard hasn't been for two years, the same as ours...

Davis, step it up young lady.

Maybe so but she is going to lose them as many as she wins. Second she is not in Davis class as a talented player. Davis should be a star whenever she decides to be one. She is reluctant to shoot the ball to much until the game is on the line then she decided she had to take the shots. Davis better three point shooter than Cooper, better rebounder, and has the height to make plays inside over almost anybody. Davis just has to take the lead and I think she will soon.

Reactions: ruvol and Pat4life
When I went back and look at the box score the only questionable one would be Evina. Cheridene was having an off night and she played 19 min...

Jaz Massengill played 30

Zaay Green played 16

Mimi Collins played 10

So CHW employed a smaller line using these young ladies and cut back on C. Green a bit to match the smaller team I would guess ?

I think CHW should have sat Evina earlier but towards the end of the game she seemed to steady herself (EXCEPT FTs) from what I heard on the radio so she helped them get back into the game.

You didn't watch game. Oh, we played the smaller lineup too, it was hard for a while to find the right combination, the flow especially defensively, we couldnt guard a soul, she finally found the right five players in the 4th and OT.

Last edited:
Maybe so but she is going to lose them as many as she wins. Second she is not in Davis class as a talented player. Davis should be a star whenever she decides to be one. She is reluctant to shoot the ball to much until the game is on the line then she decided she had to take the shots. Davis better three point shooter than Cooper, better rebounder, and has the height to make plays inside over almost anybody. Davis just has to take the lead and I think she will soon.

Cooper is the only reason they were in them games. Cooper is in the same class of player, and she is athletic. Cooper has decided she wants to be a star.

No one is comparing the two players essentially, we are comparing a forward and a guard. Ijs

I agree with you assessment of Davis, but to say Cooper or (some say) Annie ain't ballers is crazy. Ball ladies just not against us. Lol

Last edited:
Back to the Lady Vols cos I think we are a better team than USC at this point in time and love our chances playing them this year.

Go Lady Vols.

Reactions: xtpsrh08123

Bless u..

Another good thing, the Lady Vols young team played games every other day just like the first week of the NCAA tournament.

No that coach would suck.

Like all recruits are great recruits Baylor, Texas, Stanford, Maryland, Ohio State, Duke they all are getting Top recruits Wuteva.

I like this group of young ladies, and no matter what Holly does she will never be a good coach to some of you.

Really, why would Holly leave the most recognizable brand in women basketball. Holly would get a job easily, her success would be acceptable at any program, except at UT. Wuteva.

I back Pat and roll with Holly.
You are delusional!!!!!! I guess we recruit a bunch of bad Mc All American!!! I guess when we go South it is all on the players, get real!!!

Reactions: sisaq
Maybe the glass is too big. Just saying.

Reactions: Bret178 and Texas
Yes. I am delusional. Lady Vols suck. Holly suck. Holly and team just quit.

Lady Vols you cannot get better. The players can not improve their free throws for some players it just won't happen. They can not improve their defense. They can not improve their shooting. They cannot improve their team play. We cannot get better. 6 turnovers after halftime, Kasi knocked down a huge free throw

The season and players are too young to write them off...

Yes, everyone recruits players who just don't develop like the coaches hope, e.g. look at Meghan Walker, Mikayla Combs, etc at Uconn, at this point I'll take Evina and Davis. ijs

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Monkey see. Monkey Follow. Monkey have no clue. And their words are usually read/smell like doo-doo, cos most of the time they/posts are full of sh**.

Most of them prolly didn't even watch the game, the sad part. Who all paid that 29.99 to actually watch them play?

Raise hands. wuteva.

Here is a clip to help you substantiate yall arguments: Lady Vol Basketball (@LadyVol_Hoops) | Twitter

lol :p:cool:

Those who watched game saw improvements, during the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolBall09

VN Store

Back