Game Thread Lady Vols at the JUNKANOO JAM

So my stupid internet connection dropped or something did Meme hit a game changing 3? It literally said “ Jackson takes a 3 from the corner” then .... I have no clue if she hit that three to tie the game up or not

So my stupid internet connection dropped or something did Meme hit a game changing 3? It literally said “ Jackson takes a 3 from the corner” then .... I have no clue if she hit that three to tie the game up or not

I don’t recall the specific play you’re referring to but I don’t think so. Davis his 2 big 3s that were game changers.

I don’t recall the specific play you’re referring to but I don’t think so. Davis his 2 big 3s that were game changers.

Ok maybe he said Davis all I know it was towards the end of the game before the radio crapped out I think it was 65-62 them...

Thank you!

There is no hate here! most here are lady vol lovers.... The comments come from fans that loved Pat Summitt and all of the past players and the National Championships, etc. However, some here are X-Players and X-Coaches, and know what a Basketball game should look like! We were down 9 to zero and Holly is standing on the sidelines with her arms folded and the girls are looking for her to tell them something...... call a time out for goodness sakes ..... Twice the other coach called a time out when we were coming back or making an effort,,,,, Holly used NO time outs in the first half ?????
How many turnovers does it take to talk about it ???? Two times in a row the guards threw the ball over KK's head before she could get ready to catch the ball..... E caught a pass from MeMe and just tipped it towards KK with a girl fronting her so they stole the ball.... Just silly mistakes that we need to settle down and quit making mental errors.... Maybe we could of got our focus before the Overtime? Just saying,,,

Example: E played 35 minutes and had 7 turnovers
MeMe played 37 min. and had 3 turnovers
Jaz played 15 min. and had 2 turnovers
Zaay played 16 min. and had 1 turnovers
E is shooting 27% from the foul line,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The Freshmen are having less turnovers (Which is not normal) verses the veteran guards !!!!
Your Point guard is shooting 27% from the freethrow line... (Not Normal)
Something is wrong with this scenario ?

No Hate...... But this is a bad situation that needs attention ....... Just Saying

Good post and to me Holly is rewarding veterans even with there awful play and that`s not good coaching at all.

Regardless of the ugliness, UT came back from 12 in the 4th Q to win. TO after TO and terrible FT% and still found a way to win. If I were Holly the team would have to make 50 layups and 50 FT each the next practice. Nothing else but FT, lay ups, and a speech about forcing the ball into the post. Use a bounce pass or drive to the elbow. Just basic basketball. Zay is too good to continue her slide. KK and Green dont need to be in together against smaller teams. Use the athleticism of the roster.

Good post and to me Holly is rewarding veterans even with there awful play and that`s not good coaching at all.

Yepp.. By next week South Carolina will be out of 25 poll after loosing to 2 ranked teams and one unranked team..But they're going to be way better than lady vols even this year because they fight hard. Cooper is now a star player out there averaging 20 point a game. That's a way to develop players

Reactions: Only1COJ
Yepp.. By next week South Carolina will be out of 25 poll after loosing to 2 ranked teams and one unranked team..But they're going to be way better than lady vols even this year because they fight hard. Cooper is now a star player out there averaging 20 point a game. That's a way to develop players

So we don’t fight hard? 🤔 😂

You may not like Holly or this team but them not fighting hard is something you CANT possibly be saying is going to be the difference between the LV and SC?!? SC might be better but this team fights. That is maybe the ONE positive we can take away so far. My worry is that SC might not even be valued as a good win by the time we meet them in the SEC 😂 JK I am sure Dawn will have that ship going in the right direction as the season progresses.

As always Go LV!

Regardless of the ugliness, UT came back from 12 in the 4th Q to win. TO after TO and terrible FT% and still found a way to win. If I were Holly the team would have to make 50 layups and 50 FT each the next practice. Nothing else but FT, lay ups, and a speech about forcing the ball into the post. Use a bounce pass or drive to the elbow. Just basic basketball. Zay is too good to continue her slide. KK and Green dont need to be in together against smaller teams. Use the athleticism of the roster.
Ditto to your last 2 sentences! When I look at the box scores of several games and minutes played this weekend looks like a lot of teams are going small

Ditto to your last 2 sentences! When I look at the box scores of several games and minutes played this weekend looks like a lot of teams are going small

And winning ugly 😐 There were a multitude of close calls for top 25 teams this weekend.

When I went back and look at the box score the only questionable one would be Evina. Cheridene was having an off night and she played 19 min...

Jaz Massengill played 30

Zaay Green played 16

Mimi Collins played 10

So CHW employed a smaller line using these young ladies and cut back on C. Green a bit to match the smaller team I would guess ?

I think CHW should have sat Evina earlier but towards the end of the game she seemed to steady herself (EXCEPT FTs) from what I heard on the radio so she helped them get back into the game.

The lineup that really clicked had Massengill, Westbrooks, Davis, Jackson, and Green late in the game fourth quarter and overtime. KK played as well but they took her out for some time to prevent her getting fouled 35 percent foul shooter. They left Westbrooks in 45 percent and she made a couple big ones.

Reactions: Pat4life
Do you mind switching teams for us?!?!

So we don’t fight hard? 🤔 😂

You may not like Holly or this team but them not fighting hard is something you CANT possibly be saying is going to be the difference between the LV and SC?!? SC might be better but this team fights. That is maybe the ONE positive we can take away so far. My worry is that SC might not even be valued as a good win by the time we meet them in the SEC 😂 JK I am sure Dawn will have that ship going in the right direction as the season progresses.

As always Go LV!

I respect ur opinion.

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
But they're going to be way better than lady vols even this year because they fight hard.

This team gives effort and anyone who watches them play would know that. Maybe you should reduce your paw-pawing and tune in. Also, I think you will be happier if you are a South Carolina fan so feel free to move on over to chicken land. I hope you have a ball.

I’m sorry but Copper put on her best Diamond Deshields show last night. She got her shots at the expense of the rest of the team. Same problem we had 3 years ago, one players playing hero ball and the rest of the team not involved most of the time. As it turns out basketball is still a team sport and one player can’t win a game at the college level like you can in high school. At least our scoring has been balanced and we’re sharing the basketball.

There are a bunch of things you can criticize this team for, but effort is not one of them. Sometimes they look confused about what they should be doing, but they're not afraid of contact nor are they standing around taking plays off like some of our recent teams. Given their effort and athleticism, I am very optimistic about the future, even if I'm not happy about their FT shooting and M2M defense at present.

This team gives effort and anyone who watches them play would know that. Maybe you should reduce your paw-pawing and tune in. Also, I think you will be happier if you are a South Carolina fan so feel free to move on over to chicken land. I hope you have a ball.

Paw-pawing hahaha ok

We won but it was an ugly win. I am glad we won and hope this was a fluke that UAB played so well or we played so worse. We have some things to cleanup.
Do you really believe that game was a fluke? I guess the past several years have just been a crazy long streak of fluke game after fluke game.

Cooper not the answer for SC shooting 42 percent and 26 percent from the three. She likes to shoot so her average is 17 a game most players could average that much if they take 20 or more shots per game. Their team is a mess far worse than where we are right now. They certainly can improve but so will we.

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
I can never hate u, this is a fan comment board and I respect every comments and opinions, however when u want the best from ur child u don't lie to ur child like others do when the child is not doing rite.Showing love is also same as being hard on them and wanting the best out of them. Respectfully..

I have to agree with your statement the key word being respectfully.

Wooden used to have a battle of wills with the opposing coach by not being the one to call the 1st time out. He was considered the best if not the best.

Warlick may start with a W, but it continues with is an a not double o's

What worked for him, will not automatically work for her

VN Store

Back