Game Thread Lady Vols at Texas

I am not talking about Offense. We are talking about her lack of Defense.

And most of those stats you mentioned are late in the game. Let's see her stay on the floor and be in attack mode for 40 minutes on both sides of the ball. You would think two fouls and you sit would be incentive.

Her play has been ok, and getting more attention, All Star , All Conference 1st team players get that treatment and they still ball. Ijs.

Rennia needs to play better defense and use her size and length more. Rennia has the potential to be one the greats but it won't happen if she don't defend or rebound and get tougher.

We are trying to get back playing for Championship, this team can be there this year, one yearly in my opinion. Rennia has play like she is the best player on the court on BOTH sides and we have that chance to make Championship noise thgis year. Go Rennia.

Do I believe she can get better? Yes, all those things are mental.

Right? I'm not understanding some people's intense frustration. Sure she can improve on defense but I don't see an attitude problem. She is the most efficient player we have, she has an incredibly soft shot and she is a match-up nightmare. She is a sophomore, as she develops she'll be one of the best players in the nation. I actually think she is showing some big signs of maturity. We wouldn't have won that Stetson game if her and Evina had not come out and owned the second half, even if she was partly to blame in the first half, she corrected her mistakes.

She is drawing a much better defender this year due to the hype around her game, but she isn't forcing it which I love. Take Nared for example, even as a senior she was either on or not, she took the same shots every game whether they were going in or not, she was lucky to have been fouled as much as she was or her numbers would have been average at best. The other night against Texas Rennia couldn't ever get going, but she didn't just jack up 10 bad shots to try to get her numbers up. To me that shows a player who is growing, understands their roll on the team and trusts their teammates.

She also made about 3 or 4 other buckets that were waived off due to illegal screens or other turnovers. She is shooting 51% from the field, 47% from 3 and 77% from the line, up from 48%, 32% and 74%. How about we talk about how these ladies were obviously in the gym over the summer working on their game!

I've got no problem with Rennia at all.
But understand ... The same proficiency and expectations I have for the Coach, I have for the player.
I expect the coach to have a top four program and I expect the players to give 100%, 100% of the time.

I think her attitude is great, always been, and always been a great teammate and/but she's hard on herself too, cos she's kinda a perfectionist, lol (which is the mental part, and for a coach the tricky part), and you can talk to Rennia like that, and she can take it. She don't mind being called out. Brdigette get her. See Pat developed yo mind, made ladies believe they can be better than they ever imagine. Mental Giants or mental midget?

Anywho? Nice win in Austin Lady Vols.

Please explain to me how we won this game in spite of Holly. Or, STFU and quit posting.
Kiss my butt....Holly has done less with more talent than anyone else I can think of if Pat hadn't handed her the job she never would have got it I say she's getting a little bit better of being the coach instead of the players friend but she's still got a long way to - after they once again get knocked out the big show with all this talent maybe you can shut the STFU if they show up I will.

Kiss my butt....Holly has done less with more talent than anyone else I can think of if Pat hadn't handed her the job she never would have got it I say she's getting a little bit better of being the coach instead of the players friend but she's still got a long way to - after they once again get knocked out the big show with all this talent maybe you can shut the STFU if they show up I will.

No need to insult anyone. We all can disagree and agure about everything, but at the end, we're here to support one team and that is lady Vols. why's the need of insulting someone who nicely asked questions.

You didn't answer the question, but that's OK.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
After watching the game a couple more time our transition defense was really terrible and we really need someone inside that can switch on a driver. The one Texas girl was beating her man and was unabated to the basket. Looks like KK will be back for the Stanford game. I don't know how she will play since she has been out a couple weeks. She has practiced all week looks like she is ready to go. Even ten of fifteen minutes will be big for us.

Reactions: Ladyvol777
Not really. Ren is just smooth and mellow, that's just her personal.
Remember when she shot that game winner three ball last year, she never showed emotions.That's her. On the Florida beach cool. Sometimes I think her leg injury is still bothering her.

How could anyone hope to know the workings of another’s mind. Now players are being accused of sulking. Maybe You feel bad when you let your team down maybe sulking is another term for suspicious. Just basketball

OMG you guys beat all I've ever seen. We finally got players with energy and effort and you want to put them down. Don't tell me let me guess you are a D1 coach or former D1 player. My guess is neither. A couple weeks ago it was Evina and now it's Rennia. SMH

And next week it will be anybody else who plays under their capabilities. Or no one, if everybody gives full effort.

I don't expect 110% (110% .. Which is ludicrous anyway (( I have seen 110% only one time in my life as a coach...Fully 10% more than that girl was capable of and had ever done, she did in a championship game.)...But I demand 100% unless there is a reason you can't....Even then I better see 100% effort when you are on my floor.

Evina was called out last week,
correct,
and look how she responded.

No,
I'm not a D1 coach or athlete....But I create D1 players

OMG you guys beat all I've ever seen. We finally got players with energy and effort and you want to put them down. Don't tell me let me guess you are a D1 coach or former D1 player. My guess is neither. A couple weeks ago it was Evina and now it's Rennia. SMH

Thanks, this chat room has turned into bash the Vols room. We “UT” are a top institution for education beyond a shadow of a doubt. Our sports are top tier programs we win more than we lose yet it seems that we love to thrash the people that we asked to come play for us. They could have chosen anyone of hundreds of other schools but chose UT. We, if we are truly vol fans should never dog the young person that believed us when we said we want you. I love Tennessee, Go Big Orange!!!

Nobody bashing our kids here.
(Well, except for the more uncooth posters).

But other than that, RIGHT, this is the U of T...And ... winning "more than we lose" is not our standard,, we better win, a hell of a lot more than we lose, or heads roll. . . And even in a loss or blowout, this fanbase will expect fight from the opening buzzer till the final buzzer.

This is something this year's team has gotten right.
They don't let up just because they are ahead and they don't quit until the game is over.

We've got our foot on the gas and unlike last year(s),, We need to keep our foot on the gas till each race is finished

Reactions: Benionsopinion
I like watching the games over and I noticed that Danni Williams was aggressive and was trying to bully the Tennessee players from the very start of the game and she should have been ejected. She led with her elbow to Evina head area. And pushed and attempted to intimidate the TN players. Look at the replay and see if you agree.

I watched it and never saw Danni do anything other than the elbow thingy. Playing hard is not a crime.

I watched it and never saw Danni do anything other than the elbow thingy. Playing hard is not a crime.

Yeah she is just a competitor. I do believe she was given a verbal warning after a tie-up with Rae Burrell under the basket before that play though. I think that played a factor in upgrading the foul she committed on Westbrook to a flagrant. She didn't stop on the whistle after Burrell tied up the rebound, it appeared the official spoke to Williams directly.

I like watching the games over and I noticed that Danni Williams was aggressive and was trying to bully the Tennessee players from the very start of the game and she should have been ejected. She led with her elbow to Evina head area. And pushed and attempted to intimidate the TN players. Look at the replay and see if you agree.

Danni Williams didn't really bother me, but I'll tell you which player DOES bother me: Sophie Cunningham of Mizzou. She's a fiery competitor and I can appreciate her to a certain extent, but sometimes there's no other way to describe some of her more aggressive play but dirty.

Danni Williams didn't really bother me, but I'll tell you which player DOES bother me: Sophie Cunningham of Mizzou. She's a fiery competitor and I can appreciate her to a certain extent, but sometimes there's no other way to describe some of her more aggressive play but dirty.

Lord, I really do not like the way she plays.

Reactions: Orange Maniac
Hey you still think Holly can coach? Couldn't coach her ass out of a paper bag. She had absolutely no answer for what Stanford was doing not a damn thing. Typical Holly coached game..clueless!

Reactions: sisaq
You didn't answer the question, but that's OK.
I guess after last nights game you have the answer - Holly was clueless she couldn't coach her way out of a paper bag if you don't see that then I really don't know what to say....terrible coach, great person but she's paid to coach not coast!

Nobody bashing our kids here.
(Well, except for the more uncooth posters).

But other than that, RIGHT, this is the U of T...And ... winning "more than we lose" is not our standard,, we better win, a hell of a lot more than we lose, or heads roll. . . And even in a loss or blowout, this fanbase will expect fight from the opening buzzer till the final buzzer.

This is something this year's team has gotten right.
They don't let up just because they are ahead and they don't quit until the game is over.

We've got our foot on the gas and unlike last year(s),, We need to keep our foot on the gas till each race is finished

Regardless we should not be bashing the players. Then some will get mad if they decide to leave.

VN Store

Back