Game Thread Lady Vols at Texas A&M ; Sunday 5PM; ESPN

My goalpost stays put!

this is the same team that was #11 in the eyes of the nation in the pre-season poll
It is a team with a projected lottery pick in R Jackson
For it to accept a NIT-wit bid would be a travesty and a step backwards that would cost us our reputation, our fanbase and our treasured predecessor coach's legacy

NOMFW !
I proudly wear your "crybaby" yoke
Now tell us how you would really feel if we didn’t even get a NIT invite? Just kidding…….mostly.

I feel confident that we will get a NCAA bid and it will be interesting to see where we will be seeded. There is no reason for us not to finish 4 or 5th in the SEC but that doesn’t thrill me after all the talk preseason. Right now I feel like I am ready for next season.

My goalpost stays put!

this is the same team that was #11 in the eyes of the nation in the pre-season poll
It is a team with a projected lottery pick in R Jackson
For it to accept a NIT-wit bid would be a travesty and a step backwards that would cost us our reputation, our fanbase and our treasured predecessor coach's legacy

NOMFW !
I proudly wear your "crybaby" yoke
Imagine the scenario of Tennessee accepting a NIT Bid and RJ decides to “get ready for the draft” like college football players and opts out. Someone has to be first to do it.

Reactions: Coach Jumper
Imagine the scenario of Tennessee accepting a NIT Bid and RJ decides to “get ready for the draft” like college football players and opts out. Someone has to be first to do it.
We talked about that the other day. I would bet that would happen and I wouldn't blame her. Don't think her agent would want her near that just a couple of weeks before the draft.

Reactions: Majors
Keep an eye out for the reporters!!!

Like I said, I consider this conversation to be an over reaction and a complete hypothetical. I am confident the LVs make the tournament.

But if they don't, missing the NCAA tournament for the first time ever is the thing that would damage the LVs reputation and deliver a massive blow to recruiting, requiring an immediate coaching change.

Whether or not the LVs play in the NIT is like worrying about deck chair arrangements on the Titanic.
Need a coaching change either way

We talked about that the other day. I would bet that would happen and I wouldn't blame her. Don't think her agent would want her near that just a couple of weeks before the draft.

If that happened, she shouldn't play in the NIT. It would be better to play only returning players and see what they got and see what holes you need to fill. (many many holes)

It’s a meaningless tournament…like players opting out of non-playoff bowl games.

VN Store

Back