Game Thread Lady Vols at South Carolina

That wasn't the Championship game although it felt like it. That was the semi. The championship game that year against Stanford was a much easier game. I was sitting beside a UCONN fan and his feathers sure dropped when Lex hit that shot. Good memories. That was a great Final Four.

Was that the Ace vs Ice game? We blew them out and our Candace destroyed their Candice. Still think that Stanford band and mascot are the dumbest things I've ever seen:sick:.

I saw on the SC board where their AD is asking SEC office to review the fouls in game Monday night. Anyone heard anything about this?

I saw on the SC board where their AD is asking SEC office to review the fouls in game Monday night. Anyone heard anything about this?

If this is legit, it makes me wonder re Dawn Staley... That call didn't cost her the game, but it did seal the win.,,,BIG difference.

If this is legit, it makes me wonder re Dawn Staley... That call didn't cost her the game, but it did seal the win.,,,BIG difference.

Dawn seemed to be fine when her bigs were beating Ms. State to death and no calls!!! She *****ed and whined the whole game and if Wilson had not run that smart ass mouth and told the ref his call was BULL **** she would have helped her team more. :mf_surrender:

Reactions: 3 people
Dawn seemed to be fine when her bigs were beating Ms. State to death and no calls!!! She *****ed and whined the whole game and if Wilson had not run that smart ass mouth and told the ref his call was BULL **** she would have helped her team more. :mf_surrender:

The refs made their share of bad calls both ways this game,,,This particular call should not have been made, true, but it was just bad timing of what had been, all night.

The refs were inconsistently consistent all night.

DD took 3 charges.
Noone gets three charges without a blocking foul in there somewhere.
Just bad timing of what was all night.

USCe should not want them to look too hard at the game because they got away with some muggings under the basket. I did see some air fouls called both ways in this game though. It seems like sometimes the ref knows they are going to whistle a foul without watching the play unfold. I wonder what they think sometimes when they go to the monitor to see who the foul was on or some other reason and see there wasn't a foul there. That would be interesting to know.

Reactions: 1 person
Let's help them out and send that screen cap that shows Harris kneeing Nared's leg and her foot impeding Nared, causing the trip. Just to be helpful, maybe we should include a look at that favorable call when Coates touched the ball out of bounds. That was 2 points for SCAR that should have been 0.

I like Dawn, but no game is called perfectly and SCAR has benefited from many favorable calls at home. MSU could send a dozen of them to the SEC from the MSU-SCAR game and Dawn knows it.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back