Game Thread Lady Vols at South Carolina

Been good to know you. Bye, bye.

He's been talking to Miley, Sam, Rosie, Cher, etc. and now understands he was misquoted and misunderstood, so he's not leaving now. Also the Russians hacked his posts. And his peeps have begged him to stay, they need him! He's only staying for the good of VolNation.

Don't go, gule, we still ❤️ you on VN!

I want my hat back.

I wouldn't worry too much about the polls right now. It might be too late for a late Mondays game to affect this weeks poll. If they keep playing like they did last night, being ranked will be a foregone conclusion. It is not a matter of whether they make it into the rankings but how high they will climb. Beating both ND and USC should make the voters start paying attention.

Reactions: 1 person
What a game!! Congrats to Holly, players and staff on this hard fought victory. I was on the edge of my seat literally the entire game!! I thought they were going to cough the game up bc of the super conservative play at the end, but everything worked out. On to LSU!!

Yes! Outscored SC 40-28 in the paint! That was aided by the missed minutes by Wilson and Coates while riding the bench in foul trouble!

Yep the foul on Wilson and the ensuing technical when she protested too much was the turning point in the game imo because that sat Wilson down with 4 fouls .....it was offense /defense for her when she did return and that was most disruptive to SC offense .Fact is if you can get Wilson out of the game for extended periods of time ,South Carolina turns into an average team offensively.

One other gratuitous comment and that is the LV's took the air out of the ball too early ( started running the clock down ) when they had 11 point lead with over three minutes left resulting in bad possessions and South Carolina closed the gap to two points and then one point.Thought they were going to lose the game because of that funk but ref pulled us out with that call in last 5 seconds,

Last edited:
Yep the foul on Wilson and the ensuing technical when she protested too much was the turning point in the game imo because that sat Wilson down with 4 fouls .....it was offense /defense for her when she did return and that was most disruptive to SC offense .Fact is if you can get Wilson out of the game for extended periods of time ,South Carolina turns into an average team offensively.

One other gratuitous comment and that is the LV's took the air out of the ball too early ( started running the clock down ) when they had 11 point lead with over three minutes left resulting in bad possessions and South Carolina closed the gap to two points and then one point.Thought they were going to lose the game because of that funk but ref pulled us out with that call in last 5 seconds,

Coates was less effective than she normally is, not all of it due to Mercedes's defense. She fumbled some passes and missed at least 3 layups that she routinely makes.

Still no idea why Davis disappeared. I would have had her on the court instead of Harris in the 4th Q.

Kaela Davis mom, Kendra is a lot to deal with. She had a lot to say on Twitter during the game(coaching decisions)

They currently have the replay on the WATCHESPN app. You have to go to browse by sport and go to Women's Basketball.

Jim

They currently have the replay on the WATCHESPN app. You have to go to browse by sport and go to Women's Basketball.

Jim

Thanks, Jim and Decker Moss🏀🏀

Well, I have the app and I can see where it shows the replay of Tn vs Sc. First time I hit the button, it said I was signed in, courtesy of xfinity. Then it went to my home screen. Now every time I try to get it, it just closes out and goes straight to my home screen. Will not open the replay. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks, Jim and Decker Moss🏀🏀

Well, I have the app and I can see where it shows the replay of Tn vs Sc. First time I hit the button, it said I was signed in, courtesy of xfinity. Then it went to my home screen. Now every time I try to get it, it just closes out and goes straight to my home screen. Will not open the replay. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Mine did that the first time I tried to use it this year. I figured out I had to update my app and it worked fine.

The best win ever happened many many years ago vs UConn

Just so many best wins over the decades. I personally like the final four matches against Georgia, Auburn, Stanford and La Tech (when Leon was coaching). Hard for me to say a win against UConn was the best because there were a lot of them over the years.

Reactions: 1 person
Just so many best wins over the decades. I personally like the final four matches against Georgia, Auburn, Stanford and La Tech (when Leon was coaching). Hard for me to say a win against UConn was the best because there were a lot of them over the years.

Georgia for the NC?
And the NC game with only a few seconds on the clock trailing to LSU by one and Candace brought the ball down (Holly called that); Nikki missed the lay up; Lexis rebounded, put the ball - up never bringing it down, and made her only basket of the game! We were right on the side of tha goal, second or third row, and Nikki grabbed Lexis, hugged her, and just kept saying, "Thank you, thank you, thank you.....". That has always been one of my favorite memories if not favorite win. If we had lost that game.....Nikki would have been devastated she missed that lay up. Instead she got to celebrate a win, and Lexis' bad shooting the rest of the game was irrelevant!

Oh, and Lexis did NOT step out of bounds on the turnover that gave LSU the ball, made shot, and lead. That was a horrible call...who made it? So her making the game winner was priceless!

Georgia for the NC?
And the NC game with only a few seconds on the clock trailing to LSU by one and Candace brought the ball down (Holly called that); Nikki missed the lay up; Lexis rebounded, put the ball - up never bringing it down, and made her only basket of the game! We were right on the side of tha goal, second or third row, and Nikki grabbed Lexis, hugged her, and just kept saying, "Thank you, thank you, thank you.....". That has always been one of my favorite memories if not favorite win. If we had lost that game.....Nikki would have been devastated she missed that lay up. Instead she got to celebrate a win, and Lexis' bad shooting the rest of the game was irrelevant!

Oh, and Lexis did NOT step out of bounds on the turnover that gave LSU the ball, made shot, and lead. That was a horrible call...who made it? So her making the game winner was priceless!
That wasn't the Championship game although it felt like it. That was the semi. The championship game that year against Stanford was a much easier game. I was sitting beside a UCONN fan and his feathers sure dropped when Lex hit that shot. Good memories. That was a great Final Four.

VN Store

Back