Game Thread Lady Vols at Oklahoma State

Still too many dumb TOs, but I was very impressed today. I had us losing or eeking out a win today, but it wasn't seriously in question for most of the 2nd half. If Evina can do half of what she did today consistently then this team has a bright future.

So I’m going back through reading this thread after I’ve watched the game and I’m convinced a lot of people on here are delusional. Our offense in the first half was clicking. Set plays, tons of screening, open shots. The only thing that garnered criticism should’ve been the refs and our full court press allowing open 3s!

Thanks for posting, I was just going to ask.
Please and thanks if someone knows.

Since this game was on FS1 I don't see it being in/on replay anywhere.
I'd like to go back & watch the 3rd period. I was watching football & missed that part.

Omg! No replay. This sucks. :mad:
I was so hoping to check out the replay after coming home from work.

The LVs stretch run was impressive particularly given that Rennia fouled out early in the 4th quarter. Massengill and Meme had great defensive efforts in the 2nf half and very impressed with the performance from Zaay. Evina is probably not going to shoot 12-15 on a regular basis but her offensive game has clearly stepped up. She looked comfortable on both 3's and the miss rimmed out.

Lady Vols WIN..............76-63.

giphy.gif

Nothing like some adversity on the opponents home floor to toughen up a team. They needed to overcome home cooking by the officials at some point because I guarantee they will see it at Texas too. Best to experience it now than later.

Gule's stars of the game

Evina , C Green, Rae(bless her hustling heart) and CHW.
MeMe, honorable mention

Ive always said Westbrook is better at the 2 but has the best court vision of our players so gets forced into the PG position. Surprised no one has brought up Big Mean Cherideen Greens nasty rebounding in that 2nd half. I can tell coach Anosike has really worked with her for sure. Overall this team is at its best when Rennia is playing the 4.

Reactions: lvocd and VolBall09
Ive always said Westbrook is better at the 2 but has the best court vision of our players so gets forced into the PG position. Surprised no one has brought up Big Mean Cherideen Greens nasty rebounding in that 2nd half. I can tell coach Anosike has really worked with her for sure. Overall this team is at its best when Rennia is playing the 4.

We will greatly miss C. Greens presence down low. That defense, and rebounding.

VN Store

Back