Game Thread: LADY VOLS AT NO. 6/6 MISSISSIPPI STATE

Coach Jumper

I can be there tomorrow
1549679719339.png
HOOPS CENTRAL: LADY VOLS AT NO. 6/6 MISSISSIPPI STATE

February 08, 2019
Story Links
#6 MSU is on an 11 game streak. But is coming off of a poor outing against Bama, yet winning, 65-49.
They were 2 of 10 from the arc and the team committed 17 turnovers.
They made their stand holding Bama to 7pts. in Q3.

Both teams are even on the boards
MS 45, opponents 30
UT 46, opponents 34

They shoot 37% 115/310 on 3’s and we shoot 31% 120/389

Ball handing will be a huge factor in this game
Assist to turnover (per game ttl) and ratio:
MS 382(17.4)/292(13.3) = 1.32
UT 315(14.3)/355(16.1) = .89

I have to give credit to Coach Vic Shaefer Daughter Blair graduated.... Itty Bitty the same..... Victoria Vivians... who always brought it... is gone too....

Still at the top though.... he is good coach

I am expecting Tennessee to lose it could be a close game or a beat down we'll find out soon enough.

Yes I do.
Silz.gif

Reactions: C1500 and olddog
If either Andra Espinoza Hunter or Bre'Amber Scott are consistently hitting open threes, then Tennessee has no shot. Their only hope is to swarm Teaira and hope MSST can't make them pay from deep.

Given Tennessee's tendency to foul, I wouldn't be surprised if Teaira, Anriel and Jordan Danberry spend an awful lot of time at the FT line in this game.

I'm predicting an 85-57 MSST win. Maybe Teaira gets in foul trouble, but it's more realistic that she has Cheridene and Kasi in foul trouble by the end of the first quarter. Plus it's in Starksville. It's gonna be ugly, but losing to MSST on the road in a blowout is still better than losing to Alabama on the road in a blowout.

Reactions: olddog and zaqhhh
Coach J, there is no way this LV team defeats MS by 11 points.....

Is the other team not showing up due to sickness, or something like that? Have you got some kind of secret information? Is the fix in?

I know you are trying to get the coaching staff call you, but son, your pick is madness...Madness!.

Yes I do.
And your belief is based on ... ?
I'm considering the possibilities:
Wishful thinking ? Self delusion ?
Blind faith ? Cognitive dissonance ?
If it's based on a careful analysis of statistics and previous performances, please let us in on it.
Think of your reputation and possible future employment. Would you want to hire someone who seems to be totally detached from reality ?

VN Store

Back