Game Thread: LADY VOLS AT NO. 6/6 MISSISSIPPI STATE

Sorry, been away all day. Gave my soon to be graduating from college-daughter a tour of my new life in Sevierville....

Coach J, there is no way this LV team defeats MS by 11 points.....

Is the other team not showing up due to sickness, or something like that? Have you got some kind of secret information? Is the fix in?

I know you are trying to get the coaching staff call you, but son, your pick is madness...Madness!.

If you look at the pattern and tendencies of CHW's teams,, this makes sense.
To win the unwinnable game
and to lose the next one to the cellar dweller.

This is one of only two high profile games left on our roster.
We will win one of them,,usually by a comfortable margin.
The gamecocks are #12 right now so they will be a little help in a win

The key for this team will be up this point they are following the pattern of the prior teams...Are they going to break the pattern, if so, by what strategy....are they going to follow suit all the way or break the pattern of the finish?.

And your belief is based on ... ?
I'm considering the possibilities:
Wishful thinking ? Self delusion ?
Blind faith ? Cognitive dissonance ?
If it's based on a careful analysis of statistics and previous performances, please let us in on it.
Think of your reputation and possible future employment. Would you want to hire someone who seems to be totally detached from reality ?

See the above explanation

Sorry, been away all day. Gave my soon to be graduating from college-daughter a tour of my new life in Sevierville....

If you look at the pattern and tendencies of CHW's teams,, this makes sense.
To win the unwinnable game
and to lose the next one to the cellar dweller.

This is one of only two high profile games left on our roster.
We will win one of them,,usually by a comfortable margin.
The gamecocks are #12 right now so they will be a little help in a win

The key for this team will be up this point they are following the pattern of the prior teams...Are they going to break the pattern, if so, by what strategy....are they going to follow suit all the way or break the pattern of the finish?.

See the above explanation
The tendency for the LV's the last few years is that they get progressively worse as the season goes on. Almost all our wins, the last few years against ranked teams, have come before the middle of January. And that was a team with 2 or 3 high level upperclassmen (Nared, Russell and Deshields). We don't have upperclassmen on that level this year.
Could they win ? Yes.
Will they win ? In all probability, No.
I wouldn't bet on them winning this game and, I'll venture to say, neither would you.
Just admit, that as a fan, you would like to see the LV's beat Mississippi St. That would be good enough. All (well, almost all !) LV fans want to see us win. To try to justify it with some kind of analysis seems disingenuous.

OK guys, let's have a little fun with coach J

Which team makes the most 3's? I say MS
Which team has the most turnovers? LVs
Which team misses the most bunnies? LVs
Which coach will have no idea how to stop/slow down the other team when they fall behind? Holly
Which team will have more fouls....LVs
Which team will miss the most free throws.....LVs
Which team will make the most free throws.....MS
Which team will celebrate victory at the end....MS

Reactions: 10cpride
The tendency for the LV's the last few years is that they get progressively worse as the season goes on. Almost all our wins, the last few years against ranked teams, have come before the middle of January. And that was a team with 2 or 3 high level upperclassmen (Nared, Russell and Deshields). We don't have upperclassmen on that level this year.
Could they win ? Yes.
Will they win ? In all probability, No.
I wouldn't bet on them winning this game and, I'll venture to say, neither would you.
Just admit, that as a fan, you would like to see the LV's beat Mississippi St. That would be good enough. All (well, almost all !) LV fans want to see us win. To try to justify it with some kind of analysis seems disingenuous.

As a fan, sure I would love to see UT win,
But I don't post as a fan, I post as a coach.

As a coach I know what happens when you are pitted against someone your not supposed to win against.
I look at the caliber of athletes and BB players that comprise both rosters.
This is why I predict a win.
As a coach I also evaluate other coaches.... Vic Schaefer is a good in-game coach. I know the value of a good game-coach....This is my ONLY trepidation.

Reactions: feathersax
As a fan, sure I would love to see UT win,
But I don't post as a fan, I post as a coach.

As a coach I know what happens when you are pitted against someone your not supposed to win against.
I look at the caliber of athletes and BB players that comprise both rosters.
This is why I predict a win.
As a coach I also evaluate other coaches.... Vic Schaefer is a good in-game coach. I know the value of a good game-coach....This is my ONLY trepidation.

Turn in your whistle coach.....The strain of waiting for the phone to ring is too much for you.

Reactions: FabSmokyVol
Turn in your whistle coach.....The strain of waiting for the phone to ring is too much for you.

its part of the process,,
I'm cool

I still believe we will win though.
For three games now, we have opened up conversation,,,Now we need to say something.
Make a statement..

This is a statement game

GT, I am all about what I think I, could do, not what is; done or getting done,
I look at where I think I would have them at this point and go with my expectation, not anyone else's.
I expect my team to win.

Which coach will have no idea how to stop/slow down the other team when they fall behind? Holly
GT, you beat me to it to a T. This game will not be close. Bulldogs by 23.

Good afternoon lady vol fans!

I for one certainly hope you all play well today & knock off Miss State. Your team definitely has the talent to do so. Even tho I know Holly isn't the greatest coach, it does seem that she can get her players up for the big games. The lady vols are due for a big win & I hope you all get it done today.

My family & I will be cheering you on!

Reactions: mcannon1
It troubles me how some commentators kept supporting Holly and not telling her the truth for e.g, Tennessee lady Vols lost 6 straight games and has won 3 straight, makes it sound like they're doing great while they're not.

GT, you beat me to it to a T. This game will not be close. Bulldogs by 23.

Hey Gametime..,
images

Looking for a win against those Bull-dogs today! Go down to Mississippi and come back with a win. They gonna have some pep in their step, be focused. Looking to make that NCAA tourney and need to start stepping up.

GBO!

its part of the process,,
I'm cool

I still believe we will win though.
For three games now, we have opened up conversation,,,Now we need to say something.
Make a statement..

This is a statement game

GT, I am all about what I think I, could do, not what is; done or getting done,
I look at where I think I would have them at this point and go with my expectation, not anyone else's.
I expect my team to win.
I appreciate your enthusiasm but this season's history says otherwise:
VS. OOC games, mostly weak opponents: 10W-0L
VS. SEC Teams 4W- 6L
VS. SEC Top 20 Teams 0W-1L
VS. Overall Top 20 Teams 1W-3L
CHW history against quality teams and the odds says a loss today. Lets hope she doesn't make the wrong statement today.

VN Store

Back