Game Thread: Lady Vols at Mississippi State; Thurs Jan 18 ; 5PM ; SEC Network win 75-64

In a game that will feature two high caliber WNBA prospects in Jewel Spear and Rickea Jackson, Kaiya Wynn former 4-star prospect out of HS and elite track athlete will be arguably the best athlete on the court!

Kaiya has proven this season that she’s an SEC basketball player. The most improved two way player off the bench in the SEC.

Nothing different most teams do for games. The plan was not executed at all. There was certainly no plan for Tamari to play 28 minutes or Kaiya 22 or Jasmine 38. I was glad to see that we were going with the players that were playing well and executing both offensively and defensively. I wish this was the plan everygame sometimes they let the pre-determined one get in the way of player performance.
Good coaches always have a game plan for each game which may also include subbing patterns. However, the results of play may dictate a change in plans. I doubt if KJH had planned on playing three guards with Powel, Spear, and Wynn, along with TK, on the floor for a significant period of time, at the same time in the second half, especially in the 4th quarter. However, that quartet and TK were hot on both sides of the ball. I feel that lineup along with Jackson sealed the victory.

Spear? I'm afraid it is not any better for quitter Justine

View attachment 611864
How is Justine a quitter? Is RJ, Spear or Wells a quitter? Or is that different?

We should all want Justine to be successful as she is CKH highest playing recruit. Is she’s not, well that’s a reflection on the staff that brought her and only her here.

How is Justine a quitter? Is RJ, Spear or Wells a quitter? Or is that different?

We should all want Justine to be successful as she is CKH highest playing recruit. Is she’s not, well that’s a reflection on the staff that brought her and only her here.

I would hazard a guess that Rickea might grade out a bit higher.

I’m not on either side but I think Rj and Spear was getting big time minutes on their previous team and didn’t have to go somewhere for minutes instead of working hard and earning them on the team instead of leaving.

I’m not on either side but I think Rj and Spear was getting big time minutes on their previous team and didn’t have to go somewhere for minutes instead of working hard and earning them on the team instead of leaving.
Again, just seeing where the label quitter comes in. One left her team midway through the season and one left after her freshman season. Both are in better places for them, no need for tags.

And once again, our convergence is going to force Satan to stock up on North Face apparel.

Players entering into the transfer window have been the saving grace of the LVs program for the last several years and just everybody on this board is hoping that we can land a solid post player and another offensive threat in the upcoming window.

It is hypocritical to celebrate the transfers who enter the LV program and disparage those who leave "as quitters".

In JP's case, it was pretty obvious that she was not a good fit with Kellie's system, Her transfer made good career sense for her and it kept Kellie from having to manage a disgruntled player/family- that is a win-win.

Last edited:
Aah, she went to a hated enemy so I'm just salty about it. Same goes for Miles.

Anybody who has played Basketball on a team ….. Everyone on the team knows who the best players are ! These players want to play and both of them left so they can play more somewhere else than they were going to get to play at Tennessee, Simple explanation!

I plan on being there to offer her and Shea a welcome back to TBA. I hope Sara or Spear have something special in mind for her as well. GBO.

Anybody who has played Basketball on a team ….. Everyone on the team knows who the best players are ! These players want to play and both of them left so they can play more somewhere else than they were going to get to play at Tennessee, Simple explanation!
I agree. Same as Cooper leaving South Carolina and coming here.

Not necessarily😆😆😆😆😆

Coach once Coop step on the court you won’t hear much from these posters casting doubt.

Tennessee signing the former 5-star McD All-American Talaysia Cooper got some folks so salty on this forum it ain’t even funny geez.

I recall once she hit the portal folks all over WBB were saying they wanted Coop on their team. Game analysts that have seen her practice for TN have talked about her having great ability.

Man I can only imagine if Coop had went elsewhere other than Tennessee the dialogue would be completely different and that’s crazy.

It’s not that chances are Coop will not end up having a great career, it’s that some people whether they will admit it or not downright don’t won’t to see that happen at Tennessee.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucy and mudcat1973
…I see you stirring… a kettle! 😉
Don't you find it interesting that no one objected to PRG's perfectly reasonable post ? Yet, when the situation is reversed,
all hell breaks loose. It's like calling Justine a quitter when she leaves, but praising transfers when they come here.
Cognitive bias.

Don't you find it interesting that no one objected to PRG's perfectly reasonable post ? Yet, when the situation is reversed,
all hell breaks loose. It's like calling Justine a quitter when she leaves, but praising transfers when they come here.
Cognitive bias.
It’s not just any message board, it’s a Lady Vol message board. It’s like WWI, complete with trenches, serious dug in bias. 😉

Coach once Coop step on the court you won’t hear much from these posters casting doubt.

Tennessee signing the former 5-star McD All-American Talaysia Cooper got some folks so salty on this forum it ain’t even funny geez.

I recall once she hit the portal folks all over WBB were saying they wanted Coop on their team. Game analysts that have seen her practice for TN have talked about her having great ability.

Man I can only imagine if Coop had went elsewhere other than Tennessee the dialogue would be completely different and that’s crazy.

It’s not that chances are Coop will not have end up having a great career, it’s that some people whether they will admit it or not downright don’t won’t to see that happen at Tennessee.
I haven't read any posts that stated that Cooper won't be a good player for the LV's. Only that she had players in front of her at SC that would limit her playing time. Anything else is in your imagination.
Speaking of cognitive bias...

Getting 5-star McD All-American T.Coop the former South Carolina commit that Top 7 out of HS was Tennessee, Georgia, Duke, Florida State, Ole Miss, Virginia Tech, and South Carolina got a few folks salty just say that… all that other talk is irrelevant.

Don’t worry there’s more coming stay tuned..

Reactions: Lucy
The whole NVs crew and the SEC fan club on Twitter has said Kaiya Wynn wasn’t ready to play against SEC competition.
Seems to me the SEC competition isn’t ready for Kaiya. Imagine what she could provide for this team if played according to the minutes she’s earned!
Lets GBO🍊

That’s a lie. Most on Twitter I see; have been begging for her to play Kaiya more. Specifically me. Many of YOU on HERE tried her like she lacked talent. I don’t forget.

Elementary vocabulary should’ve taught you a fact from an opinion.

You sound crazy.. and nobody but low IQ basketball spectators would believe that nonsense you posting.

You seriously have a problem or you’ve not watched this SC team or know basketball. Love our girls but umm… while they play the games for a reason and on any given night a team can get hot… we play Tess Darby, Sara Puckett, and give Ace minutes… none of those girls would get serious minutes at SC in their current state. None. And it’s because they lack athleticism, foot speed, and defensive ability.

The only players who would see the court in any capacity if they were on the SC squad are Rickea, Jewel, Tamari, Jill, Kaiya…Powell and third string PG and Kellie has a hard time going with these lineups. A few of our players would’ve done well at Alabama… that’s not what we expect from Tennessee players but that’s what we got.

I wanna make it clear, Dawn can coach and has a great development program. There isn’t one girl in that squad who isn’t W material. We can’t say the same. Take a breather. We can still finish top 2 cuz LSU doesn’t strike fear in me. But to beat SC with this team we’d need a great coach to overcome our physical disadvantages and…we don’t have that. We have Kellie.

Reactions: mcannon1
That’s a lie. Most on Twitter I see; have been begging for her to play Kaiya more. Specifically me. Many of YOU on HERE tried her like she lacked talent. I don’t forget.

My one and only response to you.. nothing you say moves me.

Lets GBO🍊

VN Store

Back