Game Thread: Lady Vols at Mississippi State; Thurs Jan 18 ; 5PM ; SEC Network win 75-64

Couple of questions and I’m not really looking to be argumentative. What is your view of Geno? Do other UConn fans share your view?

secondly, does UConn have an active message board?
First, we love Geno. In his early days he was a cocky SOB, but seeing what success he has brought to the university has us following him to where he wants to go. The guy is a genius, his players love him, and although he rubs some people the wrong way, he has brought attention to our sport. He isn't afraid to get controversial, but he is very insightful and isn't afraid to talk about the program and its players.
I thought everyone has heard of the Boneyard. Two forums, the main one for UConn fans (or any other fan of other teams ), and a forum just for fans of other schools. That forum has threads from fans of SC, Stanford, ND, many others including Tennessee. Anyone is welcome to participate.

And once again, our convergence is going to force Satan to stock up on North Face apparel.

Players entering into the transfer window have been the saving grace of the LVs program for the last several years and just everybody on this board is hoping that we can land a solid post player and another offensive threat in the upcoming window.

It is hypocritical to celebrate the transfers who enter the LV program and disparage those who leave "as quitters".

In JP's case, it was pretty obvious that she was not a good fit with Kellie's system, Her transfer made good career sense for her and it kept Kellie from having to manage a disgruntled player/family- that is a win-win.
Who recruited her for the system and only brought her in for the ‘22 class?

Which is why I say, JP needs to have solid game to validate CKH recruiting/evaluating kids.

Geno was my male coaching role model.
Our personalities are the same and he is a success working as a male in a female world.
He realized early on that to be successful in the women's game, the coach has to take the focus off of the team and put it on themself.

And he realizes now that what he was doesn't guarantee success in this market today

First, we love Geno. In his early days he was a cocky SOB, but seeing what success he has brought to the university has us following him to where he wants to go. The guy is a genius, his players love him, and although he rubs some people the wrong way, he has brought attention to our sport. He isn't afraid to get controversial, but he is very insightful and isn't afraid to talk about the program and its players.
I thought everyone has heard of the Boneyard. Two forums, the main one for UConn fans (or any other fan of other teams ), and a forum just for fans of other schools. That forum has threads from fans of SC, Stanford, ND, many others including Tennessee. Anyone is welcome to participate.
No warning about husky Nan? 🤣

Reactions: creekdipper
That post made zero sense, but was expected coming from someone who is a UCONN fan that said Tennessee should follow the blueprint of Vanderbilt on recruiting and culture building of a program only because their current head coach is a former UCONN coach.
I wonder if after the game tomorrow will you even post again for awhile?
You seem to disappear whenever the LVs lose to a team they shouldn't. Bad loses happen to every team, but if they don't live up to your standards, we don't see you for days. Tenn is the better team and are expected to win. Ralph is only in her third year of a program that finished at the bottom of the SEC just about every year. A turn around doesn't happen overnight, so I won't lose any sleep when they lose. I'm just happy that she found a program that appreciates her as a coach and will support her in her quest to bring the Dores some success. I have no doubt that you will say all this trash about her and them after the game, but that will show everybody what an uneducated basketball fan you are.

You seem to disappear whenever the LVs lose to a team they shouldn't. Bad loses happen to every team, but if they don't live up to your standards, we don't see you for days. Tenn is the better team and are expected to win. Ralph is only in her third year of a program that finished at the bottom of the SEC just about every year. A turn around doesn't happen overnight, so I won't lose any sleep when they lose. I'm just happy that she found a program that appreciates her as a coach and will support her in her quest to bring the Dores some success. I have no doubt that you will say all this trash about her and them after the game, but that will show everybody what an uneducated basketball fan you are.
Some would associate that with being a “drive by” poster

Our personalities are the same and he is a success working as a male in a female world.
He realized early on that to be successful in the women's game, the coach has to take the focus off of the team and put it on themself.

And he realizes now that what he was doesn't guarantee success in this market today

SMH

I was going to like this but with you and CPoo if I don’t 100% understand the post I’m always wondering if there is a hidden meaning, often racey, that I am missing. No explanation needed.

We do like to have fun and love a good pun.

In this particular case, I confess that, despite reading the phrase repeatedly, I have utterly no idea what Mud was trying to say (best guess: thoroughbred), but I was completely charmed and delighted by the novel notion of "feral bread." (Might could work that into a discussion as code for "sowing wild oats.")

"Feral bread" is one of those giggle-producing phrases that just tickles the funnybone. The natural result of taking it literally would be to add some enhancing side ingredients. Nothing racy intended (unless one has a food fetish for Whole Grains).

I always enjoy Mud's posts, so much so that, frankly, I don't give a hoot if his fractured fairy tales are authentic or if he's having a go at us. It's entertaining either way, and he is a true-orange LV supporter through and through. And makes fine observations. The world would be a less stressful place with more Mudcats in it.

Besides...for those who say that it's a put-on...have you ever tried to intentionally make mistakes and then keep it up continuously for a while? It's exhausting! Have to appreciate the effort and possible talent involved

Here's to you, Mud. 🍺 Our LV equivalent of popular music's Legendary Stardust Cowboy!

Gross.

We do like to have fun and love a good pun.

In this particular case, I confess that, despite reading the phrase repeatedly, I have utterly no idea what Mud was trying to say (best guess: thoroughbred), but I was completely charmed and delighted by the novel notion of "feral bread." (Might could work that into a discussion as code for "sowing wild oats.")

"Feral bread" is one of those giggle-producing phrases that just tickles the funnybone. The natural result of taking it literally would be to add some enhancing side ingredients. Nothing racy intended (unless one has a food fetish for Whole Grains).

I always enjoy Mud's posts, so much so that, frankly, I don't give a hoot if his fractured fairy tales are authentic or if he's having a go at us. It's entertaining either way, and he is a true-orange LV supporter through and through. And makes fine observations. The world would be a less stressful place with more Mudcats in it.

Besides...for those who say that it's a put-on...have you ever tried to intentionally make mistakes and then keep it up continuously for a while? It's exhausting! Have to appreciate the effort and possible talent involved

Here's to you, Mud. 🍺 Our LV equivalent of popular music's Legendary Stardust Cowboy!
Could not agree more with everything you said! Regarding feral bread I immediately saw a white loaf chasing through the barn after mice!

Interesting quote re the state of US. The media do their part to keep things inflamed. Conflict grabs attention.
“We’re evolutionarily predisposed to pay attention to conflict, because we might be in danger. We don’t turn our head really quickly to look at a beautiful flower. We turn our heads quickly to look at something that may be dangerous

I totally enjoy those I consider "flowers" on this site (NOTE not flour as in feral bread) and honestly wonder why boarders enjoy conflict and the desire to inflame.
And I frequently wish I could return to my years in Knoxville where I could and did break bread with several LV fans I came to know

That's...disturbing.
He's considered one of the greatest male coaches of all time. He's loved by his players. He's respected by his fans. He's feared by referees, and he's hated by Tennessee. That's the only negative thing I can think against him... If you can find or name a better male coach for female basketball players go ahead... I'll wait

PS,,never said I liked the guy,,,just patterned my coaching style after him

He's considered one of the greatest male coaches of all time. He's loved by his players. He's respected by his fans. He's feared by referees, and he's hated by Tennessee. That's the only negative thing I can think against him... If you can find or name a better male coach for female basketball players go ahead... I'll wait

PS,,never said I liked the guy,,,just patterned my coaching style after him
Nothing wrong with acknowledging successful people/coaches and implementing philosophies to win. I’d quote the difference between a good player vs a great player.

Nothing wrong with acknowledging successful people/coaches and implementing philosophies to win. I’d quote the difference between a good player vs a great player.
AND,,,there's not a heck of a lot of successful men in this realm also
People who have never coached the opposite sex have no concept of the intricacies involved.
A female coach can say the very same words/do the very same action...in any situation and a male coach can say the same words or do the same action and it is taken totally different

That said, I have to have a male role model to follow as best as I can

Reactions: Majors

VN Store

Back