Game Thread: Lady Vols at LSU

Coach, hope you are right. But, do you in normal years attend the national elite AAU tournaments? Virtually all the post on recruiting seem to be TN kids and we obviously need to pull some elite kids across the country. If you attend or even talk to sources that do, I’m sure the board would be interested in reading about those that are offered or listening to TN.

I take in the higher profile tourneys, yes. Anything I hear over the summer, I will gladly share...Unless told to me in secrecy (which often happens). I know I am not staff, but I am a TN influence, whether they want me to be or not and I will continue to build relationships with families, players and AAU/exposure coaches. TN has a bevy of talent, but not all of it is on the LV level....People fall in love with a kid that has a great game or two, but any kid can and will have their "Andy Warhol" moment, esoecially with the WW internet. But, it is the kids I see and hear of consistently that I want for this program,,,Karly Weathers will be a great player,,,Madi Hawk will be a great player,,,Kaiya Wynn will be incredible,,,Karoline Striplin will surprise a lot of people,,,Sara Puckett is a solid pickup,,,and Miles, if coached properly will be a needed speed-guard

Where will we put them?
We may watch the weaker ones go transfer portal....

As I told a player recently,,,basketball is about "taking", nothing is given to you...You take playing time, you take what the defense gives you, when you defend you take some one else's freedom of movement and most importantly, nine times out of ten, when you take playing time in basketball, you have to take it from a friend/teammate"

I really don't know what to expect in this next game. We've been the most talented team the last ten or more times we played them yet we lose about as many as we win. Last year when we lost down there I considered our worst loss of the season based on their talent versus ours. They are going to come out sometime during the game pressing and they do it well. i hope we have worked hard on beating it. I am hoping that we win by double digits, but it always seems to be one or two possession game. I look for a game that is in the sixties they take the air out of the ball and use the clock for most of the 30 seconds before they take a shot. I'm hoping we will be patient on offense also no quick shots that aren't high percentage. No predictions on this one we should win, but we should've won before and lost. Pointer always manages to go off on us and at least one of their players suddenly becomes and unstoppable three point shooter even though her percentage for the season is 25 percent. It will be a very physical game we need to be ready.
That team seems to always give us problems. We are just going to have to overcome this
albatross around our necks and play good
Lady Vol basketball. Everyone has got to
step up to the plate.

GEbnCNR3

We need her surprise 3-point shooting!!

We need her surprise 3-point shooting!!

I smile every time I think of the magic Jaiden brought to that game. It was so much fun to see that. The first make I was like, “Cool! Jaiden made a 3!” Then the second one happened and I went to, “OMG, she did it AGAIN! Look out!!!!” When she made the third 3 it almost felt like I HAD to be dreaming. That was so much fun to see. :D

VN Store

Back