Game Thread: Lady Vols at LSU

Mark this down Rae likes to try and force her way to the basket sometimes when the opening is not there. That will not work against LSU so any force issues will be come a turnover. Note LSU don`t shoot the ball well but they play defense.

In fairness, she's been 95% better about that this year. She left it all on the court yesterday.

Trap game or not, I just looked at the LSU web site at their scores and stats. If Tennessee doesn't win this game by 20 points, I would be surprised. Maybe more.
History doesn't look kindly on your prediction based on stats ....the game is played on their court face to face and they have a good defensive team .It will be a grind it out game.

I doubt we get a choice but if we do ???
Cambridge is a once in a lifetime recruit .... This is just my opinion but starting as a point guard in high school (as a 8th grader ) says a lot ! She is no secret and will have her choice of any school she wants . JMO

This. Ideally, Kellie should get both, but if you have to choose it's Cambridge and not close. I've "jokingly" said Kellie should be fired if she loses this one...

LSU is a bad team. Period. No reason Tennessee should lose this game. Holly had big wins too, then she would follow it up with duds. If Kellie is the answer here, she can't have that one step forward, two steps back rinse and repeat that has plagued the program the last 5+ years...

The thing is, if Kellie can just lock up the state, there is enough talent in the coming classes to return to national relevance...

She did great in getting Wynn who was the best player in the state before moving to texas and is lighting up the Houston area there.

i dunno about the class of 22’ in TN besides Karly Weathers ... class of 23’ i know she is recruiting and looking at the big center Collier maybe is her name.Other than that i don’t know who she should lock down but Cambridge looks like a good get.

Just to be clear, I fully believe the Lady Vols will win tomorrow. But this IS a game bracketologists will have their eyes on to gauge whether or not The Harper Era is an upgrade from The Warlick Era.

Yes, sounds harsh, but we need to punish LSU. We have to prove we’re ready to play consistently at a high level again. Too much Jekyll and Hyde play the last many seasons.

We cannot play down to SEC teams. There is no reason to go easy on them. We have lost so many games the last few seasons playing down to opponents. Would like to see us do them like WV did Texas today. Make a statement and put the game away early. Conference games should boost you to a next level of competitiveness due to the familiarity. Pat’s teams always improved in conference. Kellie’s Mo State teams were similar, here’s hoping she has the magic! Hope we can rise back to the top of the SEC.

Just to be clear, I fully believe the Lady Vols will win tomorrow. But this IS a game bracketologists will have their eyes on to gauge whether or not The Harper Era is an upgrade from The Warlick Era.
spot on.
we have jerked around the ranking personnel to where they are timid to give us too much credit, as we have done the Jekyll-Hyde thing all to often...We don't need to crush LSU, but we do need to hold a commanding lead if we get it

Last edited:
View attachment 337816

Free Emily!
"Time for a breakout game,,,Em"

This will be one of those games I have begun to hate...a very easy to stop team with two players that warrant ANY attention (5'7" Khayla Pointer scored 40% of their points in the last four games)...6'5" Faustine Aifuwa accounts for 20% of their scoring and nearly 1/3 of their rebounds.

It is with teams that SHOULD be easy to defend, that we often struggle. This has yet to change under Coach K and will be part of her growth...No career day for Pointer and control the boards from Aifuwa....That is this team's, and by proxy, Coach K's task.

In the last game against Ole Miss, LSU had only scored 25 points at halftime, yet they held Ole miss to 33....This will be key, if LSU can keep us in the same funk they seem to experience, scoring-wise, then it will be a 10 point or less win, however, if we treat this team like the non-threat it is and come out swinging, it will be a 30 point + win.

I am going mid-stream on this one

Coach Jumper's prediction, UT 78 Miss 60
Coach Jumper, I think you meant UT 78 LSU 60, not Miss 60.

If we play LSU like we did Arkansas, we win big, if we play musician chairs the game will be tight. We have to own the paint. We have to allow Re and Rae to do their thing because as they go, so goes the Lady Vols.

Is this gonna be a thing where we choose between her and Jaloni Cambridge if they are both interested ?

Do they play the same position? Are they the same size? i don’t know much ... i know it will depend on who we get in 22’ and 23’ but still.
Jaloni's. my opinion, foot speed and ball skills are light speed better than Madi.

Wonder when we will see Jaiden McCoy come back and play.
GEbnCNR3

this kid is a paige beukers in the making,,,I rarely miss a call when it comes to talent

Coach, hope you are right. But, do you in normal years attend the national elite AAU tournaments? Virtually all the post on recruiting seem to be TN kids and we obviously need to pull some elite kids across the country. If you attend or even talk to sources that do, I’m sure the board would be interested in reading about those that are offered or listening to TN.

VN Store

Back