Game Thread: Lady Vols at LSU

Alabama fans are lucky to have Kristy Curry on the sidelines consistently getting more out of less than any other coach in the SEC. As long as she’s coaching, I feel like her teams will always make opposing coaches feel a little uneasy with worry about upsets. They really play hard for Curry.
Agree and she has consistently outcoached the Lady Vols for three straight years.I am hopeful that will change this year but will have to see it to believe it.

All the poor-mouthing is making this feel like a loss.
It was indeed a poor mouth game if I have ever seen one.No one stood out .....ugly,ugly game from all aspects offensively ,defense,free throw shooting ,missing bunnies ,not able to stop penetration and really UNFORCED turnovers....and I probably missed something .

It was indeed a poor mouth game if I have ever seen one.No one stood out .....ugly,ugly game from all aspects offensively ,defense,free throw shooting ,missing bunnies ,not able to stop penetration and really UNFORCED turnovers....and I probably missed something .

...but you're always negative or put out about the players or coaching. Do me a favor and just skip over my future posts. Thanks a bunch....

Huge use of timeouts for Arky, once to get Dungee out, just now to get her back in for an offensive possession.

I am going to give my one negative criticism for the game, and I feel okay with giving it because I give it with respect and love:

Rennia Davis, for as much as I admire and appreciate her usual greatness in her role as our senior superstar, she is still capable of breaking the heart of this ol’ “body language watcher” in two.

Today, because she was well defended, Rennia visibly appeared to wallow in self-pity that things weren’t going well for her personally. IMO, this is unacceptable behavior for a senior leader, and my hope is that she’ll apologize to her teammates and pledge to do her best to correct that behavior.

When Rennia is covered up, she should be LIFTING UP her teammates with encouraging words and body language that screams, “THEY’VE GOT ME COVERED, BUT I AM 100% CONFIDENT AND HAPPY THAT MY TEAMMATES WILL PUNISH THEM FOR ME!” Instead, she’s prone to looking uninterested in huddles when the going gets tough.

Rennia, for the love of God, PLEASE work on that aspect of your game because your teammates are watching you. Always. Show them that you are a TEAM player, not just a player who is fired up only when you, personally, are having a great game. You making an effort to look and sound just as fired up and involved in the game regardless of your individual performance will absolutely GUARANTEE future success.

Did not get to watch game but just did the replay. Also have not read any post but i imagine they are similar to my thoughts! Suarez always dribbles into the paint and loses the ball. Slow and out of shape. KK regressed and Keys hair still looks good cause she basically did very little but what she did we needed. Gave up about 30 point give or take about 8 with little inside effort on our part. Burrell in a little funk and Davis worked pretty hard thank goodness . Horston whines about as much as number 34 on LSU . Neither never fouls! Most agressive person in the gym was Kellie and her staff. Trap game nearly got us but we WON! Free throws killed us and we looked tired. Hard to win in BR but we did and less move on. Not sure we will beat Pats other coaching tree limbs in the league but we will see. JMHO as always!

Where did you find the replay?

I have to disagree about Tamari. She stands around on offense doing nothing a lot of the time. When Suarez got trapped on the sideline, Key stood on the other side of the key with her hands on her hips just watching and making no move to get into position for a pass. On another play, she threw the ball away, then jogged to halfcourt and watched her teammates trying to stop the fast break she'd created. Maybe she doesn't know where she's supposed to be or what she's supposed to do on broken plays and this is really a coaching issue, but at her level I'd expect better. Salary had the deer-in-the-headlights look too, but this is what, only the third or fourth competitive college game she's played in?

If I had to pick one turning point for us, it was Burrell coming out after half-time with some fire in her eye and scoring most of her points in the second half.
I'll take 12 and 6 out of Key and 5 blocks anytime we play.

...but you're always negative or put out about the players or coaching. Do me a favor and just skip over my future posts. Thanks a bunch....
Not really .You would be well served to look at my posts @ Arkansas game.....where I made plenty of laudatory comments.But ,I will certainly honor your request for me not to respond to any of your future posts.

By far Tamari’s best showing. She was actually looking for rebounds tonight. She finishes well, she just needs to fight for her opportunities. She can score double digits off put backs almost every night out.
Both KK and Key played a decent game, but I give KK the edge. Key needs that big woman attitude where she is tall and in charge.

VN Store

Back