Game Thread: Lady Vols at LSU

Imagine you,
blaming Horston...Inconceivable
giphy.gif
Imagine posters here, blaming the ref....

Agree that it's okay to observe and objectively critique team, staff, and individual performancs. This wasn't anybody's best performance including the coaching staff.

What really crosses the line are the personal slams about hairstyles, intelligence, etc.
And that is something I never do

Miles has a season in HS to work on her jumper (which isn't as bad as all that),,,but I don't want her for her jumper anyway, we have ton of shooters coming in,,,we need a quick defensive guard to keep up with these mighty-mites,,,the main reason I want one that size, is because we dwarf most of the players we play thatsize, it seems we get penalized for being big by the zebras

We made her look better than she is,,,If I had been coaching, there would have been a "message: foul or two,,,,"stay out of my paint!"
I know that sounds mean, but, I'm not paid to be nice, I am paid to win games and stop opposition's go-to players
Definitely Miles can play at SEC level. And Yes a hard foul early in game to set the tone for coming into My Paint. Key would have been better off with that foul then simply slapping at ball. We have 3 bigs it is ok every now and then to set tone. In CHRIST Alone

Yes. I have noticed Harper does not like to change defensive strategy mid game. We had no answer for her though. We needed to go to a box and 1 and deny her the basketball. Zero other players created their own shot for LSU tonight. It was either Pointer scoring off the drive or setting up a teammate off the drive.

If this had been a win-or-go-home she might have. But school is in session this time of season, so...
to the video tape, ladies. Coaching will commence.

When Davis gets to the WNBA and she is getting paid to play they won't put up with her taking games off like she did today. I think she is hurting her draft position by doing this.
I have made similar comments about the play of Davis. However, I want to be fair to her. She tries to be assertive in clutch game situations, but this is not her style of play. She is not a Rhyne Howard, even though her basketball skills are somewhat close to Rhyne's. Rennia likes the game to come to her as oppose to taking over a game like Rhyne. I should appreciate both of these young ladies but I should also realize they are different persons.

Dreading that we play Alabama right before UCONN. I fear we will lose to Bama looking ahead to UCONN. Then potentially drop two in a row.

Bama is tough this season and they have had our number for a while. Hopefully Rennia broke the curse last season.
Both Ba m a and LSU. We seem to fall
apart with both teams. Coaches included.

I wish there were a way for Tamari to arrange her braids — perhaps into ONE braid? — that would help her to relax and worry less about it.

Loved how she stepped up for her team today!🥰

I believe Cordarrelle Patterson solved this issue years ago.

Someone answer me this. How on earth was LSU as bad as their non-conference record is? They may not be a top 50 team, but there is talent there and I just don't see how they've lost some of the games they've lost by as much as they lost. Now, they get to SEC play and look halfway decent. Were they missing players earlier this year?

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Someone answer me this. How on earth was LSU as bad as their non-conference record is? They may not be a top 50 team, but there is talent there and I just don't see how they've lost some of the games they've lost by as much as they lost. Now, they get to SEC play and look halfway decent. Were they missing players earlier this year?
they beat Ole miss and gave Alabama fits they arent a good team this year but they play hard every game...losing those non conference game right now doesnt even make sense they way they plain now.

I have made similar comments about the play of Davis. However, I want to be fair to her. She tries to be assertive in clutch game situations, but this is not her style of play. She is not a Rhyne Howard, even though her basketball skills are somewhat close to Rhyne's. Rennia likes the game to come to her as oppose to taking over a game like Rhyne. I should appreciate both of these young ladies but I should also realize they are different persons.
I agree about Davis. It seems to me in close tight games she does not look to shoot. She is our play maker. You have to want and demand the ball in a game like today. I like Davis I just wish she was more aggressive on offense. Burrell makes some mistakes but she never seems to tighten up in a close game. She is always looking to score. We would have lost today without her scoring.

Reactions: FrozenLVFan

as long as we wear orange, we will get a different level of intensity and game from anybody who has history with us
against us they have nothing to lose and everything to gain, so they can play relaxed

as long as we wear orange, we will get a different level of intensity and game from anybody who has history with us
against us they have nothing to lose and everything to gain, so they can play relaxed
Strange so few of the commentariat realize this.

Definitely Miles can play at SEC level. And Yes a hard foul early in game to set the tone for coming into My Paint. Key would have been better off with that foul then simply slapping at ball. We have 3 bigs it is ok every now and then to set tone. In CHRIST Alone

Emily would be very good at being an enforcer where she plays rough and is not afraid of giving a foul in her limited minutes. She has the build for it.

Reactions: tn4everlvfl
Here’s a fun nugget this is Kellie’s first win in Baton Rouge. She lost both times as a player and last year in her first year. It seems like she might of lost there also with her stint with Auburn.

Pretty cool to get her first win there even if by a point.

seems like some of ya'll have a problem with TK's hair (which is ridiculous) ...ik its alot it is alot of hair to contain but Aliyah Boston could give her few pointers and she gets it done on the court

10179460.jpg
EraFpgxXIAQj4aM.jpeg

VN Store

Back