Game Thread: LADY VOLS AT AUBURN

I’m also pretty sick and tired of a few “fans” on here just slamming Jordan every freaking game.

Not "slamming" her, I just don't subscribe to the notion she "won" the game for them, a game that never should have come down to the last shot. She played poorly, but so did a lot of her teammates...

Reactions: olddog
Not "slamming" her, I just don't subscribe to the notion she "won" the game for them, a game that never should have come down to the last shot. She played poorly, but so did a lot of her teammates...

It did come down to the last shot though and she made it!
Are you this way in your private life too?

Coach, I believe the scuttle butt about him was he was going to "help Harper" be a better coach through his years of coaching experience.....It seemed her coaching did improve, but the strange sub patterns, and unusual lack of time outs continued....

I do remember he was very high on Key and felt she would be the difference in having a good season, or a poor season...Not sure if Key is getting the needed coaching to excel, but I do know coach Brown is a big fan of hers.....

Key's offensive game needs lots of work...Her defense is pretty good though.

Al has to value his advice or she won't

I would love the opportunity to work with Key on offense

No, she was very bad when posted....Yes, she made a great shot finally, but she was at the core of many turnovers, but she did make a great shot, so props for that one shot. ....

Jordan did make a clutch play after putting the team in a bad position with the foul (of course, Auburn had to make all three clutch free throws to tie...something we struggled with again). And the turnovers and lack of offensive production also hurt.

Two things I noticed on the shot. First, an Auburn player ran across the lane, almost running interference for Jordan like a moving screen. Second, the Auburn defender turned sideways to avoid contact as Jordan released the shot and continued forward. The Auburn player might have been inside the restricted area; if not, she might have been able to draw the charge since Jordan has the tendency to continue her momentum and crash into the defense. Fortunately for us, the refs never got a chance to make that call.

I actually wasn’t referring specifically to your comment as one of those just constantly berating Jordan. A fairer response from me would have been to do a new post with the second paragraph.
You are actually too busy criticizing Kellie to spend a large part of your time on Jordan. But I know you know that. This doesn’t bother me as much because Kellie is a well compensated adult. Reasonable and unreasonable criticism comes with the territory when you are an SEC HC. Jordan is just a kid trying to find her way.

Darth, I understand you....You're a good guy.
You can trust me, I won't tell.
giphy.gif

I actually wasn’t referring specifically to your comment as one of those just constantly berating Jordan. A fairer response from me would have been to do a new post with the second paragraph.
You are actually too busy criticizing Kellie to spend a large part of your time on Jordan. But I know you know that. This doesn’t bother me as much because Kellie is a well compensated adult. Reasonable and unreasonable criticism comes with the territory when you are an SEC HC. Jordan is just a kid trying to find her way.

Well put, Lucy.
well put

not many of y’all probably have instagram but jordan started that she’s over all you “fans” hating on her and her messages are always open for the ones who wanna talk to her about the way she plays. she’s literally a kid and you all literally go after her. we’re blessed to have her as a lady vol. you better hope she don’t leave like westbrook did, when she got tired of the fan base. some “fans” can really break a girl.

not many of y’all probably have instagram but jordan started that she’s over all you “fans” hating on her and her messages are always open for the ones who wanna talk to her about the way she plays. she’s literally a kid and you all literally go after her. we’re blessed to have her as a lady vol. you better hope she don’t leave like westbrook did, when she got tired of the fan base. some “fans” can really break a girl.
This is my biggest nightmare.

Glass half full-- the team overcame a lot of adversity to win a must game on the road, against a team whose talent level is better than their record.

Glass half empty -- almost all the adversity was self-generated.

Absolutely no reason to single out any one player, when a lot of mistakes were made across the line-up.

At this point in the season, this team SHOULD be looking better.

Hopefully, some things gel in the SEC and NCAA tournaments.

I want to see Rennia being a little more aggressive. She is the offensive spark and she needs channel her inner Parker or Holdsclaw.

It is her time to show the world she can put a team on her back in a legendary way.

PS,

Another bright side, Lou looked rejuvenated coming off of a very flat performance against Ole Miss.

Memo to Kellie, you finished 6th not 3rd...

Scoop City for you!!! Kellie, the newspapers, the LV website are all fake news.

Lady Vols Earn SEC Tie For Third In Heart-Stopper At Auburn, 56-55

I do realize we are the 6th seed owing to tie breakers but 10-6 is tied for the third best conference record, so why not look on the bright side???? Oh wait, I know why.....

Oh, those “fans” don’t care how their constant bashing of players makes them feel. They just say “they shouldn't care what fans say,” or “if they pay attentionto what strangers on social media say about them then... [blah, blah, blah]”

Well, they DO care because they are kids. But there are people here who would continue their cruel behavior even if someone told them that a certain player is deeply suffering over their comments. They’d just think that was hilarious and keep making their hurtful comments with, “well, if someone is dumb enough to worry over comments on a message board, then good riddance!” This is how cruel and ugly people like Darth_Vol are. I guaranTEE you he’d laugh if he read that his comments caused some kid pain, even if it were extreme.

Oh, those “fans” don’t care how their constant bashing of players makes them feel. They just say “they shouldn't care what fans say,” or “if they pay attentionto what strangers on social media say about them then... [blah, blah, blah]”

Well, they DO care because they are kids. But there are people here who would continue their cruel behavior even if someone told them that a certain player is deeply suffering over their comments. They’d just think that was hilarious and keep making their hurtful comments with, “well, if someone is dumb enough to worry over comments on a message board, then good riddance!” This is how cruel and ugly people like Darth_Vol are. I guaranTEE you he’d laugh if he read that his comments caused some kid pain, even if it were extreme.

I also guarantee if he/she ran up on Jordan or any of her family he wouldn’t laugh in her face. Just seems the type to try and hide behind the keyboard and that’s what I hope this young lady realizes. Unfortunately, there are those people in the world and def in sports anywhere you go. But the real ones will speak truth but also provide support when you need it.

Glass half full-- the team overcame a lot of adversity to win a must game on the road, against a team whose talent level is better than their record.

Glass half empty -- almost all the adversity was self-generated.

Absolutely no reason to single out any one player, when a lot of mistakes were made across the line-up.

At this point in the season, this team SHOULD be looking better.

Hopefully, some things gel in the SEC and NCAA tournaments.

I want to see Rennia being a little more aggressive. She is the offensive spark and she needs channel her inner Parker or Holdsclaw.

It is her time to show the world she can put a team on her back in a legendary way.

PS,

Another bright side, Lou looked rejuvenated coming off of a very flat performance against Ole Miss.
I agree!!!!.... It did seem Rae and Jaiden were off their game today....

AMEN. SAY IT AGAIN.

VN Store

Back